Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers 7 Round Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#30 : February 08, 2013, 10:25:08 AM

JDub do you have a link to Ronde wanting to come back?  I hadn't heard that yet, and thought we would be playing the "Waiting on Ronde" game again this year...

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 08, 2013, 10:44:31 AM

Quote from: JDouble
A free safety in the later rounds is fine, but why the 3rd? Barber says he wants to come back and Ahmad Black has looked good. Good safeties are found every year in the 4th  and 5th rounds. I just can't imagine taking one in the 3rd when it isn't a glaring need and there are much more valuable players still available. For my money, the 3rd round this year is for a Tight End.
Isn't this supposed to be a good group of free agents for the Tight End position? We might be able to shore that up prior to the draft if that is the case.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 08, 2013, 11:37:41 AM

JDub do you have a link to Ronde wanting to come back?  I hadn't heard that yet, and thought we would be playing the "Waiting on Ronde" game again this year...

I've read a few times that he is up for another season, but doesn't know if the Bucs want him yet. They are supposed to meet next month. Don't have a link.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 08, 2013, 02:58:25 PM

Get a FS, even if Ronde comes back.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 08, 2013, 04:21:55 PM

Ahmad Black can get it done. I wouldn't go safety early unless someone unexpected falls to us in the 3rd or 4th round we just can't pass.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 08, 2013, 10:17:06 PM

Jarvis Jones seem a bit of a risk at #13, I don't think Dom will be willing to gamble on any picks this time around.  He needs a good solid draft this time, much like last years.

But I like the rest of the mock.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 08, 2013, 10:37:44 PM

Ronde isn't coming back.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 08, 2013, 11:30:33 PM

Here's the latest comments by Ronde from an interview on WFAN-AM before the Super Bowl, when asked how many more years he thinks he can play. Make of it what you will....

I dont know how many I could play. I honestly dont know how many I will play, Barber said. Ive been in a very fortunate situation here in Tampa that I have a GM now, and really a coach going all the way back to Raheem and now with Greg, thats I think going to let me make the decision. You know, well sit down here in another month or so after they decide what they want to do and well have a pretty frank discussion about my future, and whether or not I fit in. And if I do, if Im willing to continue to go. And its been that way for three years so I imagine it will be the same when we sit down and try to hammer out my future with the team.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 09, 2013, 12:07:41 AM

That sounds like he wants another run to me.  I'm willing to give him that shot, and not just out of loyalty(though admittedly that plays a big part), but for his playmaking and leadership. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 09, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

One of my favorite Bucs of all time , but I think it's time. Don't want to see him turn into Tim Brown / Charlie Garner.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 09, 2013, 09:01:47 AM

I hope he does return, I just think it's really, really, really unlikely.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 09, 2013, 09:04:10 AM

I thought he was done two years ago, so I'm not writing him off until he officially retires. He sounds willing, and if Schiano wants him....I think he'll be back.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 09, 2013, 08:14:33 PM

One of my favorite Bucs of all time , but I think it's time. Don't want to see him turn into Tim Brown / Charlie Garner.

Agree.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 10, 2013, 11:29:15 AM

Thats a pretty sexy first 3 rounds, don't think the Buc's take that risk on Jones though. Kind of pointless without knowing what we do in Free Agency but my way to early mock.
1. Dion Jordan DE
2. Tyler Eifert TE
3. David Amerson CB
4. Mike Gillisee RB
4. Leon McFadden CB
5. Zac Dysert QB
6. Kwame Geathers DT

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 10, 2013, 01:50:27 PM

Dion Jordan is very interesting. Maybe the most interesting guy in this draft. He obviously is a great pass rusher with his hand in the dirt or standing up...but what makes him so interesting is that he is 6'6" or 6'7" 250lbs and he lined up as a CB often in college. They had him covering slot guys and he did really well. I don't think tweener is the right word for Dion Jordan. It might just be that you need to make a position just for him like they did in Oregon. He might just be that special.

Despite his height, the guy can turn and run like a DB. Actually covers better than most linebackers. He's got great sideline to sideline speed. A motor that doesn't stop. And he looks like he could be an elite pass rusher. What do you do with that guy? I think in our defense he could play Sam, RE, or maybe even Mike. Can you imagine having a 6'7" Mike linebacker that can cover and pass rush? Lot of batted balls and interceptions.

Who knows where he'll end up. Probably a 3-4 OLB, but I think he is one of, if not the most interesting players in this draft.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers 7 Round Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools