Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will have more career receiving yards at the end of their career? « previous next »
Page: 1

2002Champs2055

Rookie

: February 07, 2013, 04:25:16 AM

Just thought it was an interesting subject after getting criticized for mistaking Mike Williams for Jackson.

Mike Williams- 64 receptions, 910 yards and 7.7 TDs per season

Vincent Jackson- 43 receptions, 767 yards and 5.6 TDs per season.

Williams only needs around 680 yards a season to stay above the pace to have more career yards than Jackson, way below his average a year right now.

IMO Williams will hold all Bucs receiving records after his new contract after next season. He only needs 2,287 yards to pass Carrier for all-time receiving yards. I'll give him 2 or 3 more years before he smashes that record.

He also only needs 12 more TDs to be the Buccaneers all-time touchdown receiving leader passing Jimmie Giles, 11 TDs to tie the all-time record. I'll go out on a limb and say he breaks that next season, with Jackson still drawing attention from the opponents #1 Corner.

Hypothetically speaking, if he finishes his rookie contract and gets signed to a 5 year deal and averages what he is now, this is what you would be looking at:

Williams- 8191 yards and 68 TDs

And that wouldn't even be his career stats, just stats after his next contract.

Shattering every Buccaneers receiving record.

: February 07, 2013, 04:27:23 AM 2002Champs2055

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 07, 2013, 09:35:05 AM

I think Mike has all the talent and potential needed to be a top receiver in this league. I think he's a bit of a knucklehead off the field though, and he doesn't make the best decisions. If he stays out of trouble and continues to focus on his football career, I can see him being ready to step up as the #1 when Jackson leaves. I think he has what it takes to be a top #1 receiver in the league. He just needs to stay focused and perfect his craft.

Unfortunately I can just as easily see him getting into trouble and slacking off once he gets paid. Time will tell.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 07, 2013, 09:46:19 AM

I think Mike has all the talent and potential needed to be a top receiver in this league. I think he's a bit of a knucklehead off the field though, and he doesn't make the best decisions. If he stays out of trouble and continues to focus on his football career, I can see him being ready to step up as the #1 when Jackson leaves. I think he has what it takes to be a top #1 receiver in the league. He just needs to stay focused and perfect his craft.

Unfortunately I can just as easily see him getting into trouble and slacking off once he gets paid. Time will tell.

What off fields issues are you referring to?

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 07, 2013, 09:46:56 AM

I think Mike Williams has to ability to have more receving yards.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 07, 2013, 11:17:46 AM

There was the questionable college career issues, the drunk driving last year (I know it was dropped) and if you follow him on twitter its easy to see he's not the most mature guy in the world. My hope is his mama keeps him grounded when he gets this payday. Money changes people.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 07, 2013, 11:44:26 AM

There was the questionable college career issues, the drunk driving last year (I know it was dropped) and if you follow him on twitter its easy to see he's not the most mature guy in the world. My hope is his mama keeps him grounded when he gets this payday. Money changes people.

Well thats your opinion boss.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 07, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Well thats your opinion boss.

Yep. That's why I include things like "I think" and "imo" in my post.

Draft Aaron Donald

2002Champs2055

Rookie

#7 : February 07, 2013, 03:52:44 PM

Can't wait to see if they'll both have 1,000 yard seasons next year. It kills me knowing all williams had to do was catch one more pass last year to do that.

Good to know well still have a solid # 1 when Jackson decides to retire though.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 07, 2013, 04:24:41 PM

but he didn't drive drunk. He blew under the legal limit....hence why it was dropped.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 07, 2013, 04:30:48 PM

but he didn't drive drunk. He blew under the legal limit....hence why it was dropped.

I get that, but he still drank and then drove at three in the morning, and from the 4 AM drunken party pics he posts on twitter, it just leads me to believe he isn't making great decisions. I'm not bashing. I like Mike a lot, and I understand being 25 with loads of cash and little responsibility is crazy. I would have probably been one of these guys that fails a drug test or gets a DUI, cause I was a knucklehead myself in my early 20s. All I'm saying is my gut tells me he could start having some issues once he signs a $35M deal. I hope he doesn't, I hope he stays out of trouble and stays focused on football.

Draft Aaron Donald

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 07, 2013, 10:16:26 PM

^^that^^

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will have more career receiving yards at the end of their career? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools