Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strange Bucs selection in Kipers draft... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Jutt

Starter
#15 : February 07, 2013, 06:46:37 PM

Why in the hell would we take a MLB when we have other glaring needs?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 07, 2013, 07:02:57 PM

T3'o got owned by Alabama.  I don't want him....

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 07, 2013, 08:44:34 PM

Everyone, save Johnny Football, got owned by Alabama.  I don't even think you're eligible for the draft these days until you're embarrassed by Alabama on national television.

jcaulfield8

Second String

#18 : February 07, 2013, 08:56:38 PM

Everyone, save Johnny Football, got owned by Alabama.  I don't even think you're eligible for the draft these days until you're embarrassed by Alabama on national television.
its the closest thing you get to a professional team with playing a professional team. Its a good level to judge how they will perform against a higher level of talent.. he failed. miserably...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 07, 2013, 09:15:59 PM

At 13 I'd be OK with Te'o, banks, or Richardson.

Te'o didn't break any laws, it was just a screwy situation. Banks is underrated. And Richardson will probably be pretty good himself while replacing miller.

Not everyone is going to agree with me obviously, but those are my thoughts on the matter. As long as none of them dressed up like Micheal Jackson, we're good.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 07, 2013, 10:11:23 PM

Damn if we had Milliner and kept him for 10 years, he'd be 31 and probably still have quality game left in him. (if he becomes good).

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 07, 2013, 10:18:57 PM

Getting owned by Alabama is not a huge concern for me. I mean he's a solid safe bet good LB but nobody ever said he was Patrick Willis. I think people had him a little overrated to begin with but in this years draft class, I  wouldn't mind grabbing the best LB with pick 13. The guys that are really worth it for us will be gone (Werner, Milliner, Joeckel). Dion Jordan would be a surprise pick that would be an exciting thing to see.  He is raw but has the potential to be a premier pass rusher.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 08, 2013, 12:20:34 AM

If we're picking a LB, I would rather pick up Khaseeme Green. He plays like Lavonte David and is a Rutgers guy. Plus he's not a first round pick.

He's a bit undersized but whatever. Mason Foster hasn't done anything to lose his job either, so it's not like I think that Teo would do a better job.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 08, 2013, 01:37:09 AM

If we're picking a LB, I would rather pick up Khaseeme Green. He plays like Lavonte David and is a Rutgers guy. Plus he's not a first round pick.

He's a bit undersized but whatever. Mason Foster hasn't done anything to lose his job either, so it's not like I think that Teo would do a better job.

Based on kip's odd pick, methinks he believes the bucs will solve their corner problem via FA. Which isn't at all impossible.

Green is a good pickup, but we're talking about replacing black, instead of drafting a corner. Corner is obviously problem number one. After that, LB and DT. Drafting for BPA would allow for an LB or DT to be drafted in the first. So, for me, I'm looking for the most productive LB in college, and that's going to take a first rounder. Especially if the cornerback situation is already addressed predraft.

No one else is deserving of our #13 except CB, DT, or LB anyway. Except for maybe the big TE, and I'm not a fan of drafting te's that high unless they were spectacular. Milliner will be gone by the time we pick, but banks would be a good consolation prize, as he has that revis potential (IMO).

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 08, 2013, 07:57:07 AM

Te'o is a downgrade from Mason at this point in both thier careers. It would be a wasted pick.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ms Elam

Starter

#25 : February 08, 2013, 09:41:22 AM

That the thing. He isn't undersized in todays game. If anything Teo is oversized. All the best LBs are in that 225- 235 range . Willis, Kueckly, Lavonte David etc. The only LBs that are 250 and better like Teo are technically DE's. Guys like Aldon Smith and clay Matthews.  The few LBs that play in space that are 250 plus don't play that often because they are 2 down backers ala Bart Scott. And depending on the team they play, they may not even play those 2 downs. I don't think Teo can play in space. I think he is a 2 down LB and isn't worth the pick.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 08, 2013, 09:53:41 AM

Teo seems like the kind of player who is going to come up and do terribly at the combine dropping his stock considerably. Seems like a guy who could fall into round 2 or 3.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 08, 2013, 09:54:12 AM

That the thing. He isn't undersized in todays game. If anything Teo is oversized. All the best LBs are in that 225- 235 range . Willis, Kueckly, Lavonte David etc. The only LBs that are 250 and better like Teo are technically DE's. Guys like Aldon Smith and clay Matthews.  The few LBs that play in space that are 250 plus don't play that often because they are 2 down backers ala Bart Scott. And depending on the team they play, they may not even play those 2 downs. I don't think Teo can play in space. I think he is a 2 down LB and isn't worth the pick.
This.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 08, 2013, 11:15:57 AM

That the thing. He isn't undersized in todays game. If anything Teo is oversized. All the best LBs are in that 225- 235 range . Willis, Kueckly, Lavonte David etc. The only LBs that are 250 and better like Teo are technically DE's.

agree on teo being listed as oversized...but guys like willis and keekly were over 240 before getting to the NFL.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 08, 2013, 11:50:30 AM

This kid is doomed already.

What a colossal slide, all as a result of his quest for fame. I just don't believe the guy, and think he is a weirdo.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strange Bucs selection in Kipers draft... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools