Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strange Bucs selection in Kipers draft... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #45 : February 08, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »

Why in the hell would we take a MLB when we have other glaring needs?

Because drafting for need is stupid?

Agreed, but it's not like Teo is the BPA.

Like people said, he's not even better than Mason Foster.

Why spend a 1st round pick and move Mason Foster to the strong side, when you can just draft Khassem Greene in the 2nd/3rd and just put him there to begin with.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #46 : February 08, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »

Te'o could not beat out Mason Foster in a fair competition for MLB on this team . You don't draft backups 13 overall . There will be enough players still available with similiar grades to go elsewhere.

Who do you think would be a good pick?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #47 : February 08, 2013, 10:04:59 PM »

without watching film...star, millner, fisher, johnson, jones, ogletree, banks, and i heard vaccaro's pretty good.  many others i wouldnt be upset with either.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #48 : February 08, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »

without watching film...star, millner, fisher, johnson, jones, ogletree, banks, and i heard vaccaro's pretty good.  many others i wouldnt be upset with either.

Good picks. If the Bucs could pull off Jones,Banks,and Johnathan Cyprien I would be happy with whoever else they pick.

Rotoworld.
One anonymous scout tells Pro Football Weekly that Mississippi State CB Johnthan Banks is "a lot like Richard Sherman."
"He reminds me of the type of corners they have playing in Seattle," the scout said of Banks. "He can play off or on and is not bad off, but that’s not his deal. He is a press cover guy. Everyone wants a big man corner... For a long guy, he can come out of breaks." Banks did play some man coverage in college, but a large portion of his time was spent in a cover 3 zone, where he could break on targets underneath him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #49 : February 09, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »

Te'o could not beat out Mason Foster in a fair competition for MLB on this team . You don't draft backups 13 overall . There will be enough players still available with similiar grades to go elsewhere.

Milliner or Banks . 
Possibly Jarvis Jones - although that is high risk considering the style of defense we run and his spine issues.
Ezekial Ansah is another risk/reward pick.
 Eric Fisher wouldn't be a terrible selection , although I don't see Dom going O-line that early with as much money as he already invested there. ( plus picking O'line early isn't his m.o. )

Preferbly I'd like to trade back again like last year. Never a garantee you will have a partner , though.  If the German Blitzkrieg falls to around 8-10  I would even consider using one of our 4ths to trade UP and get him - but that is starting to look unlikely .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strange Bucs selection in Kipers draft... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools