Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blizzard highlights looming game of Super Bowl roulette « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 12, 2013, 04:25:35 PM

If the championship games can be played in snow...no reason the superbowl can't. Remember it is cold for both teams not just one. Weather is part of the game!

Its not about the playing field. Its about the extracurriculars and the travel to and from the venue.

There's also the possibility of a loss of power at the stadium. Up here in February, the whole game would be in the dark. I'd love to see the Bucs play the Chargers, but not by flashlights.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 12, 2013, 04:39:11 PM

The climate is a part of the championship games because the home team, presumably, has an edge in that weather and you play hard all year to earn that home field.

The Super Bowl is supposed to be neutral. The weather, much like the crowd, is not part of the equation. It is about who the best team is under neutral conditions.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dbrooks55

Starter

#17 : February 12, 2013, 06:47:08 PM

If the championship games can be played in snow...no reason the superbowl can't. Remember it is cold for both teams not just one. Weather is part of the game!

Its not about the playing field. Its about the extracurriculars and the travel to and from the venue.

So say the Bucs play in Green Bay in a snow storm for the NFC Championship, and you have tix to go, isn't that the same thing? Granted less would be traveling to an NFC Championship. I live 2 hrs from the Meadowlands...do you know how rare it is to have a blizzard that disrupts travel that much? You only get a blizzard that big maybe every 3 to 6 years sometimes more...then you need it to fall within a 3 day period to actually mess it up. The NFL can even help the issue by not having the bye week. Blizzards for the most part happen Feb/Mar. One week means alot up here. The Cleveland Brown have a better chance to get to the Superbowl than there being a blizzard the week of the superbowl. Heck with weather up here it's so up and down it could be 60 degrees the day of the superbowl.  It should be played in all climates. Weather doesn't win games good teams win games...just look at when the Bucs beat Philly in the NFC Championship!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : February 12, 2013, 07:00:59 PM

Seems like every winter we hear of major snow storms hitting the NE. Thousands of flights get cancelled.  The difference between a SB and the conference championship would be a ton of news, radio, TV media show up for the SB. Having flights cancelled and roadways blocked would be a major show stopper.

Even the Tampa Bay Lightning had a game postponed until April due to weather up there.

Really hope it happens in 2014 to teach the NFL a lesson to leave a good thing alone.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 12, 2013, 09:57:17 PM

Teach the NFL a lesson? Yeah us Northerners aren't worthy of hosting YOUR Super Bowl.
I hope your tv goes out during the Super Bowl and you miss the Muscle Hamster running for 300 yards and five TDs.
Snob.

In Verner We Trust

dbrooks55

Starter

#20 : February 12, 2013, 11:51:47 PM

Seems like every winter we hear of major snow storms hitting the NE. Thousands of flights get cancelled.  The difference between a SB and the conference championship would be a ton of news, radio, TV media show up for the SB. Having flights cancelled and roadways blocked would be a major show stopper.

Even the Tampa Bay Lightning had a game postponed until April due to weather up there.

Really hope it happens in 2014 to teach the NFL a lesson to leave a good thing alone.

Buffalo & New England are 2 places to stay away from if your worried about the snow. New York and Philly I wouldn't worry about it much.  Those storms move by the year it seems too...There was one year Washington got nailed with the snow and up this way we barely got anything, that was 3/4 years ago.

I think Baltimore would be and awesome city to host a superbowl...though from what I know parking is horrible, but the harbor would be cool hang out for the superbowl weekend.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : February 13, 2013, 05:29:18 AM

The NFL will have an extensive contingency plan in place to account for bad weather : a possible Saturday start or delaying the game a few days if necessary.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/02/11/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-contingency.aspx

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 13, 2013, 07:58:57 AM

Remember that this in the event that New Jersey got hit by a megastorm. Last year NJ got some snow before Halloween and then didn't get any snow all season. Totally random panic. Why this didn't dawn on the NFL before is odd.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blizzard highlights looming game of Super Bowl roulette « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools