Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great Blue North 3 round Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1

nitey

Hall of Famer
: February 08, 2013, 08:03:14 PM

Link: http://www.gbnreport.com/2013projection.html

1st round - DE Ziggy Ansah
2nd round - CB Jordan Poyer
3rd round - TE Jordan Reid

I could make a case for all 3 of those players, however Ziggy is a junior and I'm not sure Schiano will gamble on a junior with his first pick, I'm liking Sheldon Richardson DT there more and more.
I'd be happy with Poyer in the 2nd since they have Detroit doubling up on CB and taking both Milliner and Trufant. (Damn Lions!)
Not sure about Jordan Reid in the 3rd. I'm not opposed to taking a TE in the 3rd, but I'm not sure Reid is the guy, maybe one of the Gator fans here could comment? Is this too early/late? Is he worth it here?

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Jutt

Starter
#1 : February 08, 2013, 08:08:25 PM

If we can get a name at CB in FA then i wouldnt mind this draft at all. Im on the fence about Ansah though. I feel as though hes more of a project than anything. Boom or bust type imo.
: February 08, 2013, 08:18:30 PM Jutt

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2013, 08:23:40 PM

If we can get a name at CB in FA then i wouldnt mind this draft at all.

Are there any "name" cb's in FA worth a damn?  Seems like a weak class, imo

Jutt

Starter
#3 : February 08, 2013, 09:03:34 PM

If we can get a name at CB in FA then i wouldnt mind this draft at all.

Are there any "name" cb's in FA worth a damn?  Seems like a weak class, imo

I shouldve said the word "body" lol. But DRC is a name, as well as Grimes(even though im not sold on him) or even Antoine Cason. Theres some options out there. As long as the price is right. Banks or Rhodes seem like the type of CBs we need on our Defense so I'd just assume one of those would be the pick, along with one of the guys i mentioned before. Unless Jones falls to us, id bet we'll take a CB

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 08, 2013, 09:15:14 PM

I'm liking Sheldon Richardson DT there more and more.
Not sure about Jordan Reid in the 3rd. I'm not opposed to taking a TE in the 3rd, but I'm not sure Reid is the guy, maybe one of the Gator fans here could comment? Is this too early/late? Is he worth it here?

why an UT in the first?  are there any teams that use 2 UT's effectively?  is richardson a better rusher from the inside than bowers/bennett?

as a UF fan, id be opposed to reed.  he's got the potential, but he's never put it together.  grab a guy that knows how to put it together in the 3rd.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 08, 2013, 09:23:33 PM

reed has bust written all over him. kelce, escobar, or  ryan otten are all better than reed. reed cant seem to put it together and always seems to drop a ball in a clutch situation

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 08, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

as a UF fan, id be opposed to reed.  he's got the potential, but he's never put it together.  grab a guy that knows how to put it together in the 3rd.
Put it together on the field or off the field? I think he's done everything on the field that could be expected considering in his three years his team has had the #114 passing offense, #89, and #88. He's been by far the biggest playmaker.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Jutt

Starter
#7 : February 08, 2013, 09:39:09 PM

I'm liking Sheldon Richardson DT there more and more.

why an UT in the first?  are there any teams that use 2 UT's effectively?  is richardson a better rusher from the inside than bowers/bennett?

Im glad you mentioned this. I see a lot of people saying we need to get another DT thata can rush the passer, but they are two different positions. I dont really think we need to get another DT aside from depth. We could use some speed on the outside, but who knows what route theyll take

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 08, 2013, 09:49:07 PM

Put it together on the field or off the field? I think he's done everything on the field that could be expected considering in his three years his team has had the #114 passing offense, #89, and #88. He's been by far the biggest playmaker.

both.  i think UF gave him many chances and he never came up big in the clutch.  maybe the offenses ranked so low because he didnt do his job?

would you draft him in the 3rd?

zsmith22

Starter

#9 : February 09, 2013, 12:46:30 AM

Poyer is my favorite CB Behind milliner. He is a playmaker, which our secondary desperately needs. And if we don't sign Martellus Bennett in FA, bring in Ertz or Reed and Tight end is upgraded significantly.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 09, 2013, 03:28:35 AM

I like Lane Johnson in the first. We need an upgrade on Dotson and eventual replacement for Penn.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 09, 2013, 07:16:50 AM

Sparky,

I'm okay with OL as the 1st pick. In fact for several years I've touted picking a LT in the first if one was available. First I wanted Joe Thomas and then Matt Kalil last season, so picking a tackle to push Dotson/Penn would be fine with me. As to my thoughts on Richardson, I realize that he's a UT, but I think Price was as well when we drafted him and had him play the NT position. I don't think we get enough pressure up the middle with McCoy and Miller and I think we need to push Miller to 2nd string and bring in another guy that can play the run, yet have some chops to get pressure up the middle. When you can do that, you force the QB outside away from his blockers and into the arms of the ends and linebackers, not to mention you generally take 50% of the field away from them as well. When the Bucs were at their best, Culpepper was getting 5-8 sacks and Sapp was getting 10-14 sacks. I believe we need to get to that level again.

I believe we will pickup at least 1 CB in Free Agency, at least one of the top 3 at the position, but I'm not sure if that means that we will get a guy that could be a #1 corner or if we end up with a guy that's only a #2, but I'm confident Dom will get someone. I'm still hoping that the Bucs will try to trade from the #13 spot (St. Louis/Minnesota/Indy as targets) to select a CB later in the 1st and pick up extra picks and then double up on the CB position.

After doing some light research on Reed, he reminds me a lot of Alex Smith, I think the Bucs will pass.

I do think that the Bucs are going to draft seniors, guys with strong work ethics and preferably team captains. That worked out real well for them last season and I think that will hold again this year. Look for a player that has solid production, solid character and is (or could have been) a team captain at a position of weakness and that'll probably be our pick at #13 if we have to make one.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 09, 2013, 09:03:12 AM

both.  i think UF gave him many chances and he never came up big in the clutch.  maybe the offenses ranked so low because he didnt do his job?
So you watched the Gators quarterbacks, offensive linemen, and wide receivers the past three years and think Jordan Reed might be the problem?

would you draft him in the 3rd?
Depending on who else is available, I'd consider it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 09, 2013, 09:11:49 AM

So you watched the Gators quarterbacks, offensive linemen, and wide receivers the past three years and think Jordan Reed might be the problem?

a part of the problem.

he's got immense potential, but i dont trust him.  dont trust him to block, to make the big catch, and to hold onto the ball in the clutch.  id rather draft escobar, sims, williams, and a boatload of others that ive never watched play.  or spend a higher pick and grab eifert/ertz who seem to have incredible hands and know how to use their bodies better than reed to me.
: February 09, 2013, 09:18:54 AM GameTime

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 09, 2013, 03:15:34 PM

a part of the problem.

he's got immense potential, but i dont trust him.  dont trust him to block, to make the big catch, and to hold onto the ball in the clutch.  id rather draft escobar, sims, williams, and a boatload of others that ive never watched play.  or spend a higher pick and grab eifert/ertz who seem to have incredible hands and know how to use their bodies better than reed to me.

my thoughts exactly. i wouldnt trust this guy to perform. has a penchant to drop a key pass, doesnt block well. sure he might make a great play now and again but i want a guy who is going to be reliable every time. id trade a guy who has immense potential but doesnt realize it for a guy who is solid all around any day of the week
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great Blue North 3 round Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools