Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI offseason report - Good read « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
: February 08, 2013, 08:23:54 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it on the first page of threads.  It's a pretty good read.  They certainly don't cut Freeman any slack.  For a national publication, they have a pretty good pulse on the team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130208/tampa-bay-buccaneers-offseason-preview/?sct=hp_t11_a6&eref=sihp

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 08, 2013, 08:48:36 PM

Not giving him slack is putting it lightly.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2013, 09:53:42 PM

Its a fair assessment IMO.

I agree Clark is done.  I am not worried about a backup plan for Freeman right now.  Just play him the whole season, then make a decision after the season is over. They need to be 100% sure he is.....or is not the guy.  It will take 16 games to decide that.  And if he is that bad to cost the team wins, the silver lining will be a high draft pick to grab Johnny Football or Bridgewater or whoever.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 08, 2013, 09:58:17 PM

I am not worried about a backup plan for Freeman right now.  Just play him the whole season, then make a decision after the season is over. They need to be 100% sure he is.....or is not the guy.  It will take 16 games to decide that. 

lets not be hasty.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 08, 2013, 10:02:15 PM

"Troubling Stat
 24. Combined first downs and touchdowns allowed within the primary coverage of Mark Barron, third-highest among safeties, per Pro Football Focus."

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 08, 2013, 10:03:18 PM

We need a lot of secondary help this offseason.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 08, 2013, 10:03:46 PM

I am not worried about a backup plan for Freeman right now.  Just play him the whole season, then make a decision after the season is over. They need to be 100% sure he is.....or is not the guy.  It will take 16 games to decide that. 

lets not be hasty.

No one will be happier than me, if he comes out in the 2013 season looking like Tom Brady..    But the team can only wait so long before pulling the trigger.  And I am sure Freeman himself realizes that.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 08, 2013, 10:18:01 PM

lets not be hasty.

No one will be happier than me, if he comes out in the 2013 season looking like Tom Brady..    But the team can only wait so long before pulling the trigger.  And I am sure Freeman himself realizes that.

C'mon man he's only 25, he's got plenty of time.  Besides, it took Eli 6 years to figure out the offense, so it's not fair to expect Josh to get it for another five...

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 08, 2013, 10:20:22 PM

I think out of the 24 combined first downs Barron gave up, probably 12 were thrown on him by Brees. Barron will get better as our overall D improves, and Freeman as our overall team improves.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#9 : February 08, 2013, 10:26:31 PM

This off-season report is brutal, they are trying to find every way to say how bad we were this season. Mark Barron played a lot better the last 4 games of the season and will get better as we add some decent CBs as for Freeman he was great until the Saints game as soon as he corrects some tweaks in his consistency he will be a great QB

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 08, 2013, 10:34:03 PM

lets not be hasty.

C'mon man he's only 25, he's got plenty of time.  Besides, it took Eli 6 years to figure out the offense, so it's not fair to expect Josh to get it for another five...

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#11 : February 08, 2013, 11:00:16 PM

Its a fair assessment IMO.

I agree Clark is done.  I am not worried about a backup plan for Freeman right now.  Just play him the whole season, then make a decision after the season is over. They need to be 100% sure he is.....or is not the guy.  It will take 16 games to decide that.  And if he is that bad to cost the team wins, the silver lining will be a high draft pick to grab Johnny Football or Bridgewater or whoever.
I'd be willing to take Clark back as long as it's in the #2 role, behind a fairly high draft pick and it's for minimal pay.  He could mentor them, and provide a solid receiving option.  He did have a few good games for us this season. 

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 09, 2013, 12:10:21 AM

This off-season report is brutal, they are trying to find every way to say how bad we were this season. Mark Barron played a lot better the last 4 games of the season and will get better as we add some decent CBs

Yes, I am thinking the same. Barron was drafted more for run support than coverage but I think good CBs are essential for his success. If we are able to find some talent in the defensive backfield this year, our defense could be back to playoff form.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 09, 2013, 01:27:32 AM

This off-season report is brutal, they are trying to find every way to say how bad we were this season. Mark Barron played a lot better the last 4 games of the season and will get better as we add some decent CBs as for Freeman he was great until the Saints game as soon as he corrects some tweaks in his consistency he will be a great QB

Nothing "brutal" about that report at all.  It took a fair look at some of our weaknesses, something many fans are unwilling to do.  Your beef really seems to be with them not singing any praises to Barron, but there is nothing wrong with that -- to this point Barron has been a major disappointment.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 09, 2013, 01:32:08 AM

lets not be hasty.

Again, what's the fix? You're  great at stating your opinion of the problem, yet strangely absent in discussions regarding solutions. That takes a little more effort, doesn't it?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI offseason report - Good read « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools