Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Ironworker808

Second String

#45 : February 09, 2013, 08:18:07 PM

Let's see what Josh did with some real weapons...

Helped VJ to his highest yardage total in a season...ever.

Led the Bucs to their most prolific offense...ever.

Threw for more yards than any other Bucs QB...ever.

Threw for more touchdowns than any other Bucs QB...ever.

How about we see what Josh can do with some real weapons and an average pass defense?

The best passing offense in the league can't help a historically bad passing defense.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#46 : February 09, 2013, 09:27:54 PM

this seems to be a very comfortable position for some in regards to the most important position on our football team

I propose the same question that caradoc doesn't have the balls to answer. What specific issues did you have with Freeman in the first 13 games of the season?

Firstly, I don't judge him by the first 13.... i judge him on his complete body of work. He's inaccurate. Inconsistant. Lacks touch on intermediate throws. Poor pocket awareness. Still locks on to receivers like a rook. And lacks the mobility of a QB that lost 25 lbs.

Anything else you'd like to know?

I'd like more specific in game examples within the first 13 games.

you're kidding, right?

Lol.

*extends arms and stretches fingers*

I'll give it a shot.

Ok. Week 1 - He was the definition of average. Week 2 - Although the defense gave up 25 points in the 4th, Freeman was up and down the whole day and could not sustain a drive for almost the entire second half. Week 3 - Just plain awful. Week 4 - Stagnant first half, and had TWO good drives in the second half...Connor Barth was on fire that game. Week 5 - Freeman played Excellent!!! Week 6 - Good game from Freeman. Week 7 - Played good, not great, but good. Week 8 - Solid game from Freeman. Week 9 - Another decent game, he really didn't have to be anything more than that considering the way Martin ran the ball. Week 10 - Good game from Freeman. Week 11 - A rather pedestrian day from Freeman. He struggled with inaccuracy and decision making through most of the game..would have been an awful day had he not made an excellent throw to VJax with seconds to go. Week 12  - Despite the loss, Freeman had a good day, IMO. Week 13 - Bad day for Freeman. He had the two good passes on the 3rd drive of the game, and after that he pretty much played like sh*t and started completing passes again when the Donks started playing prevent since they were up by two scores with less than 5 minutes to go. Anyone who claims that Freeman didn't have a bad game against the Broncos needs to see an eye doctor or needs to take off the homer glasses. 

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 09, 2013, 09:34:07 PM

How about we see what Josh can do with some real weapons and an average pass defense?

The best passing offense in the league can't help a historically bad passing defense.

Based on your logic, it's a shame a historically bad passing defense can't stop its QB from throwing 11 INTs down the stretch and completing less than 54% of his passes.
: February 09, 2013, 10:13:19 PM BFT+C

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 09, 2013, 09:36:03 PM

I believe it was something along the lines of "lets see what Josh can do with some real weapons". .

#9 offense

Lol. Total yards doesn't mean d*ck.

Kitna had the #7 passing offense in '06 and threw for a few more yards than Freeman did this past year...doesn't mean they had great seasons.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#49 : February 09, 2013, 09:50:32 PM

Based on your logic, it's a shame a historically bad passing defense can't stop its QB from throwing 11 INTs and completing less than 54% of his passes.

Freeman's Comp % dropped but his YPA went way up.  People complained in 2011 about him dinking and dunking a playing it safe.  In 2012 he lets it rip and people complain about his comp %.  Reality is other than Brees, Brady, or Rodgers comp % will drop if a good chunk of your passes are downfield.  NFL DB's aren't scrubs and NFL front sevens can bring pressure that can negate most five step drops necessary for patterns to develop.

The only legit issue with Freeman is his slow starts during games.  Fix that and most of the **CENSORED**ing about Freeman would go away IMO.

spurzo

Second String

#50 : February 09, 2013, 10:39:33 PM

Love it man... totally agree.   My favourite thing about all the people piling onto Freeman is that there is basically no chance at all that Freeman isn't the Bucs quarterback for atleast the next 5 years.  Seriously do you think that a team is gonna just walk away from a 25 year old who has thrown for 4000 yards and 27 tds.  Considering every draft thread on this site has TE and slot WR as an issue, maybe the lack of those weapons to provide easy passing options has something to do with his low percentage.  Get him something better than Clark and Underwood and I'd imagine his completion percentage would go up.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#51 : February 09, 2013, 10:58:22 PM

Because of teams like the eagles, who beat the pass defense down with FOLES?

Yeah. Again, I'm not going to blame freeman for wimpy QB's looking like they're playing madden against the bucs weekly.

that foles kid did a number on a couple of guys named claiborne and carr as well.
   Yes he did. Foles may REALLY be "The Answer" in Philadelphia, not that basketball guy from a few years back... ;D. The kid has looked impressive!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't they JUST start a new defensive scheme involving Monty?

Obviously they didn't think too much of their defense and did something about it. Same needs to be done with the bucs. Both defenses have the (dis)ability to allow major yardage at bad times.

For the bucs however, it's not just foles. Every QB looks impressive against them and that's not fair for this offense, or freeman to take the blame for losing. It's a points game in a sport where every player matters. Using freeman as a scapegoat is a cop-out to a larger problem. The defense needs to be fixed.

Who cares if we're #1 in run stopping when we can't stop 3rd down passing conversions and we're mediocre or worse in win percentage? If dom makes a huge push for real talent at the cornerback position, I assure you, freeman and the team as a whole will be lightyears better.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#52 : February 09, 2013, 11:20:46 PM

If dom makes a huge push for real talent at the cornerback position, I assure you, freeman and the team as a whole will be lightyears better.

here's where you and many others dont get what some are trying to say.  if dom makes a huge push for real talent at the cornerback position, i assure you, freeman will be the same.  the team as a whole will be better, but fixing the defense doesnt improve freeman. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#53 : February 10, 2013, 12:06:04 AM

If dom makes a huge push for real talent at the cornerback position, I assure you, freeman and the team as a whole will be lightyears better.

here's where you and many others dont get what some are trying to say.  if dom makes a huge push for real talent at the cornerback position, i assure you, freeman will be the same.  the team as a whole will be better, but fixing the defense doesnt improve freeman.
You think Freeman not having to play from behind because our defense can actually stop the pass won't make it easier on Freeman and won't make him have to force as many passes? Really?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : February 10, 2013, 12:45:08 AM

Love it man... totally agree.   My favourite thing about all the people piling onto Freeman is that there is basically no chance at all that Freeman isn't the Bucs quarterback for atleast the next 5 years.  Seriously do you think that a team is gonna just walk away from a 25 year old who has thrown for 4000 yards and 27 tds.  Considering every draft thread on this site has TE and slot WR as an issue, maybe the lack of those weapons to provide easy passing options has something to do with his low percentage.  Get him something better than Clark and Underwood and I'd imagine his completion percentage would go up.

So now his poor completion % is blamed on TE and slot WR? Geezus man.....when do the excuses end? At what point is HE accountable for his shortcomings?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 10, 2013, 12:56:02 AM

So now his poor completion % is blamed on TE and slot WR? Geezus man.....when do the excuses end? At what point is HE accountable for his shortcomings?

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1303159.0.html

Freeman is #14 and rising about where I thought he would be ranked with other QBs. Give him a threat down the seems and a big guy to move the chains at TE Freeman will only get better.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#56 : February 10, 2013, 12:58:15 AM

IDK man, that's a reach.  I like your optimism though.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

spurzo

Second String

#57 : February 10, 2013, 01:05:41 AM

Anything to say about the other record breaking stats that he put up?  If you don't think having poor options at two key positions would have some affect on his success, then I think your kinda crazy.  To be quite honest I'm perfectly happy with Freeman as our qb going forward, so enjoy your opportunity to complain more about him or HATE   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#58 : February 10, 2013, 01:09:56 AM

Anything to say about the other record breaking stats that he put up?  If you don't think having poor options at two key positions would have some affect on his success, then I think your kinda crazy.  To be quite honest I'm perfectly happy with Freeman as our qb going forward, so enjoy your opportunity to complain more about him or HATE   

Well ,  before crowning him the franchise QB for the next 5 years, it might be wise to see how 2013 goes.  Even Dom is in agreement with that, or they would of resigned him already.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#59 : February 10, 2013, 01:11:32 AM

Freeman is the type of inconsistent QB who will have up and down periods in his play that will hinder the teams chances. He doesn't have it.

I am not far removed from watching him look like a bag of schlit with eyes out there. And I am not talking about the defense. Yes. We know it sucks.

But so does Freeman. Not a fan of mediocrity. Our team records on offense are meh. Breaking them doesn't impress when the team goes sub 500.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools