Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Smith's agent looking for something between Carr, and McCourty deals. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

spurzo

Second String

#30 : February 09, 2013, 10:21:37 PM

It's not like there's a ton of other great options...  If Smith did actually cover Wes Welker then that's retarded game planning on Miami's part...  Put the 6'3 guy on the 5'10 uber shifty receiver?  We'd ask Smith to matchup with Colston, Jones, White and Steve Smith, then his height becomes an advantage.  Seriously rip up Wright's crazy contract and write in Smith's name.  Other FA cb's that could be considered...  Keenan Lewis, Leodis McElvin, Sam Shields (RFA), Greg Toler and one unlikely to happen due to Schiano but Pacman Jones had a strong year, he's probably the most talented of any of them.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#31 : February 09, 2013, 11:24:59 PM

It's not like there's a ton of other great options...  If Smith did actually cover Wes Welker then that's retarded game planning on Miami's part...  Put the 6'3 guy on the 5'10 uber shifty receiver?  We'd ask Smith to matchup with Colston, Jones, White and Steve Smith, then his height becomes an advantage.  Seriously rip up Wright's crazy contract and write in Smith's name.  Other FA cb's that could be considered...  Keenan Lewis, Leodis McElvin, Sam Shields (RFA), Greg Toler and one unlikely to happen due to Schiano but Pacman Jones had a strong year, he's probably the most talented of any of them.
Exactly.  I'm already on record as wanting to add McKelvin.  Lewis and Toler are a couple of names that peak my interest, too.  I know Toler's numbers are pretty good according to PFF, but he hasn't been facing the elite WR's so they need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 10, 2013, 01:44:20 AM

Smith held his own against AJ Green this year. I'm sold that he matches up well against the bigger WR's we face.

Besides, remember the last talented CB that left Miami that is now a damn good player for the Colts? I think his name is Vontae Davis. The guy is a stud man corner and I really wished TB made that trade to acquire him.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#33 : February 10, 2013, 02:06:11 AM

All of thisssssss. ^^

The quest for .500 begins...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Smith's agent looking for something between Carr, and McCourty deals. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools