Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : February 10, 2013, 09:26:27 AM

Banks is a solid zone corner, but that isn't what we need and it won't make us better.

As far as Wright goes, if there is no deadline that effects us, then there is no reason to not keep him on the roster, and openly on the trade block, until we have to cut him or pay him. Cutting before that time and not even attempting to get a late round pick for him doesn't make any sense. He could possibly agree to restructure with another team through trade and we could walk away with a 6th round pick. Why let him go for nothing if he isn't costing us anything?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#46 : February 10, 2013, 09:29:33 AM

There is no sense in arguing with anyone who has their flag stuck in the ground. I will be highly disappointed if Banks is the pick that high, especially if someone like Sheldon Richardson is on the board.

If we needed an undertackle  ,maybe. Drafting a NT that high when we had the #1 ranked rush defense last season would be the wasted pick. Learn what you are talking about , then come back and try again.

We had that top ranked rush defense because the teams passed on us, exclusively. Sheldon Richardson is a MUCH better player than Banks is at his position.

...and you'd be plugging him into a position that does nothing but take on double teams and plug the middle so that others can make the play. Waste. Roy Miller accomplishes that just fine.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : February 10, 2013, 09:41:28 AM

An upgrade over Miller would help, especially on 3rd down. Having a NT that can not just eat blocks, but also get penetration and cause havoc, opens things up and provides more opportunities for our other pass rushers. Miller is decent at eating blocks, and he is pretty good at disengaging to tackle running backs, but he provides zero pass rush. He is a non factor on passing downs.

HolyBuc

Starter
#48 : February 10, 2013, 10:11:44 AM

An upgrade over Miller would help, especially on 3rd down. Having a NT that can not just eat blocks, but also get penetration and cause havoc, opens things up and provides more opportunities for our other pass rushers. Miller is decent at eating blocks, and he is pretty good at disengaging to tackle running backs, but he provides zero pass rush. He is a non factor on passing downs.

I completely agree.  Lets also not forget what happens to our rush defense when McCoy is out.  It would be nice to have two McCoys on passing downs.   Richardson shocks me when I watch him, he makes tackles all over the field.  I saw him making tackles on WR 15 yards down field.  I was shocked by his hustle. 

We need 3 corners at least...Sean Smith (still my favorite wont get 10 mil from anyone and '10 and '11 did very well in man) Derek Cox, Greg Toler,  Keenan Lewis,  Leodis McKelvin, and Grimes.  Give me one these guys with Bradley Fletcher (must get) and then you can draft one in rounds 2-4 where we have 4 picks.  I would love Sean Smith, Bradley Fletcher, Logan Ryan or Poyer or Darius Slay  or Jamar Taylor,and you would have Johnson, Gorrer and Gaitor returning.  That secondary would be much improved and better suited to play man coverage.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : February 10, 2013, 10:18:35 AM

Never works out quite as good as it sounds like it will. See Booger McFarland.  He never could make much of an impact at NT , and defense actually saw zero drop-off with Chartric Darby in the lineup.

13 overall is to high to invest in that low impact position.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : February 10, 2013, 10:27:11 AM

Never works out quite as good as it sounds like it will. See Booger McFarland.  He never could make much of an impact at NT , and defense actually saw zero drop-off with Chartric Darby in the lineup.

That is because Booger was average at best and Darby was as good or better. What is your point? Every 1st round NT will suck because Booger sucked? Great reasoning. But what if Sheldon ends up being a Haloti Ngata type player? Still think he has a low impact cause he is a NT? Look at the Williams duo that dominated in a 4-3 up in Minnesota for years. You get the right guy at NT and he'll have an impact.

Besides just having an upgrade over Miller, we need better depth on the interior defensive line. We have McCoy and.......nothing. DT is a huge need this offseason.
: February 10, 2013, 10:29:34 AM JDouble

Tommy

Starter

#51 : February 10, 2013, 11:03:17 AM

Probably waiting to see who they can snag in FA before they cut the best corner on the roster

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#52 : February 10, 2013, 11:04:29 AM

Why bother playing the game with this kid?

Cut him. He sucks. He is vastly overpaid. Period. Stop over thinking.

/thread.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : February 10, 2013, 11:33:41 AM

That is because Booger was average at best and Darby was as good or better. What is your point? Every 1st round NT will suck because Booger sucked? Great reasoning. But what if Sheldon ends up being a Haloti Ngata type player? Still think he has a low impact cause he is a NT? Look at the Williams duo that dominated in a 4-3 up in Minnesota for years. You get the right guy at NT and he'll have an impact.

Besides just having an upgrade over Miller, we need better depth on the interior defensive line. We have McCoy and.......nothing. DT is a huge need this offseason.

Ngata plays in a 3-4 , and the WIlliams boys were run stuffers.

NT most likely ain't happening at 13 , so you might as well get over it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : February 10, 2013, 11:51:04 AM

Cutting him now also increases the leverage of whoever we may be in pursuit of

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 10, 2013, 12:25:41 PM

Cutting him now also increases the leverage of whoever we may be in pursuit of

and there us that...

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#56 : February 10, 2013, 12:27:11 PM

Banks isn't happening at 13.. might as well get over it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#57 : February 10, 2013, 01:26:24 PM

Banks isn't happening at 13.. might as well get over it.

Doesn't bother me , plenty of good players available. As long as we don't waste it on the nose tackle position I'm good.  8)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#58 : February 10, 2013, 01:32:17 PM

IMO, Banks and Rhodes will be just as good, if not better CBs, than Milliner. I'd be fine if we took either at 13 if a trade back partner can't be found.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#59 : February 10, 2013, 01:34:22 PM

IMO, Banks and Rhodes will be just as good, if not better CBs, than Milliner. I'd be fine if we took either at 13 if a trade back partner can't be found.

Bundy mad...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools