Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : February 10, 2013, 01:37:03 PM

Pat Williams and Kevin Williams were just run stuffers? Pat blew up the line and was as disruptive as it gets, which allowed Kevin to average 9 sacks a year for the seven years they were teamed up. Even Ray Edwards useless ass averaged 7 sacks a year while playing on that line.....and Jared Allen didn't get there until the very end, so don't try to say he's the reason. Bottomline is Pat Williams made everyone on that line better.

Dominant NTs are difference makers. Zone cornerbacks in a man coverage scheme are not. Get over it.
: February 10, 2013, 01:39:23 PM JDouble

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : February 10, 2013, 02:29:50 PM

Pat Williams and Kevin Williams were just run stuffers? Pat blew up the line and was as disruptive as it gets, which allowed Kevin to average 9 sacks a year for the seven years they were teamed up. Even Ray Edwards useless ass averaged 7 sacks a year while playing on that line.....and Jared Allen didn't get there until the very end, so don't try to say he's the reason. Bottomline is Pat Williams made everyone on that line better.

Dominant NTs are difference makers. Zone cornerbacks in a man coverage scheme are not. Get over it.

lolz

lowlife

Starter

#62 : February 10, 2013, 03:29:34 PM

An upgrade over Miller would help, especially on 3rd down. Having a NT that can not just eat blocks, but also get penetration and cause havoc, opens things up and provides more opportunities for our other pass rushers. Miller is decent at eating blocks, and he is pretty good at disengaging to tackle running backs, but he provides zero pass rush. He is a non factor on passing downs.

If third down (and presumably obvious passing situations) is the concern, then there is no concern seeing as Miller comes off the field on those plays anyway in favor of Bennett sliding over or Bowers coming in lined 3T.

If depth is the issue, then there are a few rotational passrushing types that may be available via FA in Henry Melton, Glenn Dorsey, Jason Jones, Randy Starks, Arthur Jones, etc.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#63 : February 10, 2013, 04:29:31 PM

Lowlife,  you are injecting too much common sense into jdubs emotional hissy fit. Let him go.  Its funny to listen to a guy make the case that drafting a nt and a slot wr with our 1st two picks would be a successful draft.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#64 : February 10, 2013, 05:41:10 PM

An upgrade over Miller would help, especially on 3rd down. Having a NT that can not just eat blocks, but also get penetration and cause havoc, opens things up and provides more opportunities for our other pass rushers. Miller is decent at eating blocks, and he is pretty good at disengaging to tackle running backs, but he provides zero pass rush. He is a non factor on passing downs.

If third down (and presumably obvious passing situations) is the concern, then there is no concern seeing as Miller comes off the field on those plays anyway in favor of Bennett sliding over or Bowers coming in lined 3T.

If depth is the issue, then there are a few rotational passrushing types that may be available via FA in Henry Melton, Glenn Dorsey, Jason Jones, Randy Starks, Arthur Jones, etc.

I agree that there are lots of options in free agency, and I hope/assume we will sign at least one solid DT. If Sheldon is the highest rated player on the board at 13 though, I think we should take him without thinking twice. Call it an upgrade at NT, call it better depth, call it a better rotation....but it's important to have a solid group of interior lineman on offense and defense. Right now we don't have that.

Also, moving a DE inside on 3rd downs is a good idea, but we only have three good DEs. One injury happens and we don't have a DE to move inside. Considering Bowers history and Clayborn coming off IR...I wouldn't have that be out only plan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#65 : February 11, 2013, 08:58:54 AM

This forum is as fickle as a 16 year old girl. Wright screwed up, he voided his contract. He is currently our best CB on the roster, we're not going to just cut him and tell him to pack his crap. We'll try to renegotiate him to a more realistic contract. I believe we do want him on our team still. If he is unwilling to sign a new contract with us, then he'll be gone. All signs point to him still wanting to be a Buccaneer and it's not a one strike and your gone deal.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#66 : February 11, 2013, 09:07:17 AM

You must not know Schiano too well if you think we wont axe Easy E.... and btw,  it was more than one strike. He had a DUI before the start of the season and only got out of it due to a technicality. He's a dbag and he simply isn't that good. I've no problem cutting ties

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#67 : February 11, 2013, 09:16:04 AM

This forum is as fickle as a 16 year old girl. Wright screwed up, he voided his contract. He is currently our best CB on the roster, we're not going to just cut him and tell him to pack his crap. We'll try to renegotiate him to a more realistic contract. I believe we do want him on our team still. If he is unwilling to sign a new contract with us, then he'll be gone. All signs point to him still wanting to be a Buccaneer and it's not a one strike and your gone deal.

..and it seems that you see about as much Bucs football games as a fickle 16 year old girl. It's not just about Wright's screw up(s). When he was actually on the field last year, he was not very good. We should absolutely send him packing. It was an awful deal for a player that wasn't even worth the one year $3.5mil deal that Detroit gave him. It's time to take off the homer glasses and realize that not every move the Bucs make is a good one. Franchise's make player personnel mistakes every year, and it wouldn't make you any less of a fan boy to admit that they should cut bait. The universe has given Dom a great opportunity to fix one of his many FA shortcomings. Hopefully he jumps at the opportunity.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130208/tampa-bay-buccaneers-offseason-preview/?sct=hp_t11_a6&eref=sihp#

In the line under the picture that opens up ^this^ SI article, it reads: "No one struggled more for the Bucs' league-worst pass defense than cornerback Eric Wright."

Pretty much.
: February 11, 2013, 09:21:06 AM chace1986

youngone

Hall of Famer

#68 : February 11, 2013, 09:16:06 AM

His issues trump his talent so he either come back on the cheap or he can kick rocks. I'm down for the latter.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#69 : February 11, 2013, 10:48:45 AM

There is no sense in arguing with anyone who has their flag stuck in the ground. I will be highly disappointed if Banks is the pick that high, especially if someone like Sheldon Richardson is on the board.

If we needed an undertackle  ,maybe. Drafting a NT that high when we had the #1 ranked rush defense last season would be the wasted pick. Learn what you are talking about , then come back and try again.

We had that top ranked rush defense because the teams passed on us.

Uh, we also led the league defensively in rushing YPC. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#70 : February 11, 2013, 11:37:46 AM

To the original question... (didn't go through the thread)

Never show your cards until all bets are in.

They'll should wait until the last minute (before they're penalized, etc.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#71 : February 11, 2013, 02:18:44 PM

..and it seems that you see about as much Bucs football games as a fickle 16 year old girl. It's not just about Wright's screw up(s). When he was actually on the field last year, he was not very good. We should absolutely send him packing. It was an awful deal for a player that wasn't even worth the one year $3.5mil deal that Detroit gave him. It's time to take off the homer glasses and realize that not every move the Bucs make is a good one. Franchise's make player personnel mistakes every year, and it wouldn't make you any less of a fan boy to admit that they should cut bait. The universe has given Dom a great opportunity to fix one of his many FA shortcomings. Hopefully he jumps at the opportunity.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130208/tampa-bay-buccaneers-offseason-preview/?sct=hp_t11_a6&eref=sihp#

In the line under the picture that opens up ^this^ SI article, it reads: "No one struggled more for the Bucs' league-worst pass defense than cornerback Eric Wright."

Pretty much.

I'm not debating how bad he was. Everyone was bad, some worse at certain times than others. What I am saying is that he was a different player before and after the got hurt/suspended. He was bad at the end of the year, he was better at the beginning.

My official opinion with Mr. Wright is let's restructure him and let him battle it out. We are extremely thin at CB, let's not make ourselves thinner by cutting a the only CB we have with any experience, besides EJ Biggers.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#72 : February 11, 2013, 02:27:44 PM

We were near the top in tackles for loss also. Our run d was legit.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#73 : February 11, 2013, 02:42:07 PM

I hope they cut him and start over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#74 : February 11, 2013, 02:51:32 PM

Eric Wrong looked like a mistake long before the Adderal crap happened. All the Adderal violation did was give us an easy out to fix our mistake.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools