Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #75 : February 11, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »

Eric Wrong looked like a mistake long before the Adderal crap happened. All the Adderal violation did was give us an easy out to fix our mistake.

Eric Wright made one of the greatest plays I've ever seen against the Giants on the blitz, INT, TD.

He is not an outside corner. He is a slot corner with quickness not speed, who can blitz and better than average in the run game.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #76 : February 11, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »

Eric Wrong looked like a mistake long before the Adderal crap happened. All the Adderal violation did was give us an easy out to fix our mistake.

Eric Wright made one of the greatest plays I've ever seen against the Giants on the blitz, INT, TD.

He is not an outside corner. He is a slot corner with quickness not speed, who can blitz and better than average in the run game.

That was the only good thing he did throughout the entire time he was on the field. You are letting that one play blind you into thinking that he was a "better" player "at the beginning".

In those 4 games before he got hurt in the Wash game, he allowed an average of 13 yards per catch, had a 66% completion percentage when targeted, had 0 pass defenses, and had 6 total missed tackles.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

« #77 : February 11, 2013, 04:56:59 PM »

That was a sick play tho lol can't lie.

Go Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #78 : February 11, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »

It was a sick play....and as chace pointed out....it was the only thing he did all year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #79 : February 11, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »

but in reality he's not worth his contract or anything close that a restructure would do.  i wouldnt mind having his game (for a small contract) but the off-field distractions are too much imo.  i pulled for the guy all year, but im certainly hoping he gets the axe.

and he probably did do a decent job, considering how much we were asking our CB's.  but lets just end it, please.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #80 : February 11, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »

0:10 mark

watch that superior tackling ability

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #81 : February 11, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

kinda cheap shot, i can think of many guys that have missed tackles on AP that i would want on my team.  for the most part eric wright played aggressive imo.  but there were certainly times he didnt.  and a dui charge, a mystery illness, a nagging injury, and an adderall suspension is too much.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #82 : February 11, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »

kinda cheap shot, i can think of many guys that have missed tackles on AP that i would want on my team.  for the most part eric wright played aggressive imo.  but there were certainly times he didnt.  and a dui charge, a mystery illness, a nagging injury, and an adderall suspension is too much.

Agreed....it's a cheap shot but I just don't like the guy so its okay.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #83 : February 11, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »

People still crying about the Glazers money being spent?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #84 : February 11, 2013, 08:16:03 PM »

It's cool now, but if we ever get back into cap hell. Well, you know right?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #85 : February 11, 2013, 08:18:04 PM »

Dom won't let that happen. I believe they have a handle on the cap. The ONLY way the Bucs even approach that is if Freeman earns one of those contracts this coming season.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #86 : February 11, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »

Dom won't let that happen. I believe they have a handle on the cap. The ONLY way the Bucs even approach that is if Freeman earns one of those contracts this coming season.

I really hope you're right, but it'd be better to dump Wright before we have to pay for him another year unless that's already taken hold. IF we can get a draft pick for him then great!

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #87 : February 11, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »

I really hope you're right, but it'd be better to dump Wright before we have to pay for him another year unless that's already taken hold. IF we can get a draft pick for him then great!

You also don't want to lose any leverage you could possibly have with a possible FA.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #88 : February 11, 2013, 08:33:23 PM »

I would be shocked if he is back.  Can't see it.  Even with a slashed contract.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #89 : February 13, 2013, 04:46:50 PM »

“I’m Still Here”....Eric Wright
February 13th, 2013

Wright reminded Bucs fans of his status during some wee hours Twitter shenanigans today.

The wild and wacky world of Twitter was buzzing a few short hours ago (yes, Joe wasn’t sleeping well) when a Bucs fan got under the skin of @EWrighteous21, aka Bucs letdown corner Eric Wright.

The pissing match started when Bucs fan @SeanSogan sent the following public Twitter message to Wright shortly after 2 a.m: “Dude u tweet Too much. U should be worried about workin out and talkin to ur agent. B/C u aren’t on an NFL team. #Adderall“

Wright embraced the shot and advised @SeanSogan of his Tuesday activities to set the record straight. “@SeanSogan Worked out & talked to my agent 2day. Thanks for ur concern. I wish u the best with ur life but im not overly concerned #GoBucs“

Then Mr. Sogan felt the need to loop 98.7 FM radio host and former Buccaneer Booger McFarland, and fellow 98.7 FM host Justin “The Commish” Pawlowski into the mix. Here’s what Sogan tweeted next to them and Wright: “Eric Wright is the next Talib if we don’t cut him, a random overpaid FA.”

And that’s where Wright seemed to start getting annoyed and more intense back and forth began.

From Wright: @SeanSogan @CommishOnline @lsubooger <– check ur facts tho.. Im still here.. I still love u bro

From Sogan: @EWrighteous21 I agree! How’s the adderall..I’m mean Weed, I mean Coke, I mean, whatever other lie u told, congrats on losing your contract.

From Wright: @SeanSogan thats very disrespectful.. I guess ur ok with that.. I dunno what I did to u but watever it is Im sorry.. #LoveAndRespect

From Wright: @SeanSogan And I apologized for that.. What more do u want from me? U get sum sort of gratification from kicking a man while he’s down?

From Sogan: @EWrighteous21 No gratification. Bucs need CB that can play at a pro level for 16 weeks+. Prove to Schiano u can and do it. … … And I’ll be one of your biggest fans. We need talent and commitment

From Wright: @SeanSogan U jus called me Talib and overpaid.. Lol #Unfair

From Sogan: @EWrighteous21 Well, hopefully u have next year to prove it in Tampa. #bucsnation

From Wright, after deleting his messages shown above: Jus realized I really wasted my time by replyin to sum1 who doesnt even have a single follower. Thats the 1st sign of a troll #TheHateIsReal

Joe’s unsure of what to make of all this. Surely, Mr. Sogan was being an ass and provoking Wright, but shame on Wright for being stupid enough to engage a hostile fan on Twitter rather than block him or ignore him. For Joe, this was just more evidence of bad judgment on Wright’s part.

Joe doesn’t expect Wright and his bloated contract, which the Bucs can break without issue because of Wright’s drug suspension, to return next season. But Wright does remain on the Bucs’ roster this morning, while loads of players across the league have been cut this offseason.

As the letdown corner Twittered, “I’m still here.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=83266
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools