Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 09, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

OR they are working on a restructure?

Sure as hell hope not.

I do.

He isn't worth anything more then $2mil....anytime he was on the field, he was never more than below average. No clue what the FO was thinking in signing this chump.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 09, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

Sure as hell hope not.

I do.

He isn't worth anything more then $2mil....anytime he was on the field, he was never more than below average. No clue what the FO was thinking in signing this chump.

Exactly.. He's no Davin Joseph, that's for sure. Obviously Wright is not a baller.
: February 09, 2013, 10:35:22 PM youngone

CanadianBuc

Starter
#17 : February 09, 2013, 10:35:17 PM

maybe trying to package him or his rights in trade for Darelle Revis... Just a thought

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 09, 2013, 10:56:45 PM

Sure as hell hope not.

I do.

Exactly.. He's no Davin Joseph, that's for sure. Obviously Wright is not a baller.

Yup. Davin is average, and Wright isn't even that.

E.Wright..."You get out of here" (see below for quoted line)

youngone

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 09, 2013, 11:04:48 PM

Sure as hell hope not.

I do.

Lol.. Well we agree about Wright.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 09, 2013, 11:14:10 PM

Sure as hell hope not.

I do.

If Davin stays healthy this year(big if), focus on him a bit more. He isn't as good as most perceive him to be. The Davin of today is just a shadow of the Davin we saw back in '07.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 09, 2013, 11:15:39 PM

He is a drug dealing, lying sack of forty Niner wearing crap.

And he is not that good, and Dom was a moron for signing this pos to begin with. Smh.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 09, 2013, 11:22:07 PM

Sure as hell hope not.

I do.

If Davin stays healthy this year(big if), focus on him a bit more. He isn't as good as most perceive him to be. The Davin of today is just a shadow of the Davin we saw back in '07.
I know he's not great he is good and close to average but I'm a fan.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 10, 2013, 12:46:47 AM

Unless I'm missing something, Wright is the kind of guy that can't be counted on, to say the least.

CAN'T WIN WITH 'EM.

Not worth a roster spot. -Do the wise thing Dom/ Schiano & co!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 10, 2013, 01:05:45 AM

I can't envision a scenario where Eric is back here. We know they won't have him back at that inflated salary.  And he seems like the type of guy to give Dom a big F-you as soon as he starts talking a reduced salary offer.  Draft or sign 2-3 CB's, keep Leonard, Biggers, maybe Gaiter.  And go from there.

sammich

Starter

#25 : February 10, 2013, 02:52:31 AM

No need to release him just yet.  He may have some value in a trade further down the road.  Maybe not, but it doesn't cost us anything to wait and see.  You also have to keep in mind that as of right now Wright is probably our best corner.  Not a great idea to cut a guy without a replacement.

Psych

Starter

#26 : February 10, 2013, 03:15:10 AM

Besides who in the hell cares about the Glazerhouses money? It's not your money....

Salary cap, duh

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#27 : February 10, 2013, 04:04:56 AM

maybe trying to package him or his rights in trade for Darelle Revis... Just a thought

The jets are in cap hell no way could they touch wrights $7.5 mil a year contract

Go Bucs

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#28 : February 10, 2013, 06:04:44 AM

I cant see any team willing to take on his contract, however, we still have time before we have to release him, so if Dom can find a team stupid enough to trade a bag of pucks for him I say run with it and get the **CENSORED** out. Does anybody know exactly until when we have to make this decision? Is it by the start of free agency?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

CanadianBuc

Starter
#29 : February 10, 2013, 07:40:10 AM

The jets are in cap hell no way could they touch wrights $7.5 mil a year contract

The jets are trying to trade Revis because they cant afford to sign him what I meant was that we release him but trade the Jets his rights so they have the first go to sign him...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools