Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doomsday Preppers « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: February 09, 2013, 09:31:23 PM

Anyone see this show on National Geographic Channel?

Some of it is pretty wild...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 11, 2013, 08:03:22 AM

Some of it? How about all of it. These people are BSC. I will say the one I saw had the dirty hippie crowd living in an old ICBM base which seems like, if you are serious about it, the best possible location and better than the dinks building a "fort" out of old boxcars in east Texas.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 11, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

There was one guy storing bugs in his freezer. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What happens when the power goes out and freezer gets warm?

Another has a plan to set up all these booby traps around his house.

Some woman is spending $150,000 to build a huge bunker.
: February 11, 2013, 09:36:10 PM cyberdude558

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 12, 2013, 08:09:18 AM

The sad thing on there is when you see parents dragging their kids down into this same crazy world.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 12, 2013, 10:40:57 AM

I like the show. Yea, there are a bunch of folks who might be a butty short of a picnic, but you can pick up all kinds of tricks and snippets. An emergency situation does not have to be an end of the world scenario. Hurricanes, snow storms etc have proved that in recent years.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 12, 2013, 10:59:10 AM

I like the show. Yea, there are a bunch of folks who might be a butty short of a picnic, but you can pick up all kinds of tricks and snippets. An emergency situation does not have to be an end of the world scenario. Hurricanes, snow storms etc have proved that in recent years.

These people aren't preparing for a hurricane. Hell using that criteria I had a bug out pack when I lived in NOLA. These people are preparing for the end of civilization as we know it as they're all happy to explain when they have the "what form of crazy are you" interview at the start of each episode.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 12, 2013, 11:12:00 AM

I like the show. Yes some are over the top but others are quite interesting. Like one episode where a guy turned his pool into a fish farm and the people who made a house out of shipping containers.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 12, 2013, 01:28:02 PM

You can grow a garden all you want, after a nuclear warfare the world is toast. You can only keep fruits and vegetables so long before they go bad. Canned food will last a while, but you can't live off just canned food for years and years till the world may be okay to live in again.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doomsday Preppers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools