Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Freeman among NFL starting QB's ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 11, 2013, 04:54:20 PM

I thought Rivers was consistently pretty bad last year. Freeman just had his stretch of bad play but he also had his stretch of pretty good play. I rank Freeman higher right now.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 11, 2013, 04:59:57 PM

Rivers and Romo before Freeman. 14 is too high.
Yuck.. Freeman is better than those 2

There is certainly the potential of greater upside with Freeman, but as of 2/11/13, Freeman is better than neither Romo nor Rivers, IMO.

How can Romo not win with Two good WRs and a top TE in witten? Romo is on a stacked team and still found a way to lose games. Rivers as of late has been more turnover prone. He lost the game against a weak Bucs pass D. He fumbles most of the time when being sacked. Rivers has reached his ceiling unlike Josh.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 11, 2013, 05:10:12 PM

There is certainly the potential of greater upside with Freeman, but as of 2/11/13, Freeman is better than neither Romo nor Rivers, IMO.
Those guys are 2 guys that will always find a way to lose the game. Freeman is inconsistent but he's not that. Freeman at his best can do some great things, but the problem is you dont always know which Freeman you are going to get and he is a slow starter most of the time. Even with that, I would take him over those two everyday of week and 3 times on Sunday.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 11, 2013, 05:24:27 PM

No way Freeman should be ranked in the top 15; definitely 20 or worse IMO. 

The only thing consistent about Josh Freeman is his ability to stare down receivers, overthrow wide open receivers, slide on QB scrambles 10ft before the nearest defender can smell him, and look around like a deer in headlights when something goes wrong. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 11, 2013, 05:30:51 PM

How can Romo not win with Two good WRs and a top TE in witten? Romo is on a stacked team and still found a way to lose games. Rivers as of late has been more turnover prone. He lost the game against a weak Bucs pass D. He fumbles most of the time when being sacked. Rivers has reached his ceiling unlike Josh.

Bucs offense is just as stacked as the Cowboys offense. The biggest difference between the two, though, is the OL. Dallas may have had the worst OL in the league last year...while even after several injuries, Tampa's OL was solid. I'm not a fan of either Rivers or Romo and I would say that they are both sinking fast. I would add Cutler > Freeman.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 11, 2013, 06:36:30 PM

Romo is clearly, dear god it is laughable to even ask, better than Freeman. The knock on Romo is that he has games where he brainfarts....hello Josh! The difference is that when he's not brainfarting he's actually a useful competent QB who can make good throws other than tossing crap up for grabs.

Assume age doesn't matter the following teams would laugh at us trying to trade Freeman for their guy:

1. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
2. Tom Brady, Patriots
3. Peyton Manning, Broncos
4. Drew Brees, Saints
5. Matt Ryan, Falcons
6. Eli Manning, Giants
7. Andrew Luck, Colts
8. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
9. Tony Romo, Cowboys
10. Robert Griffin III, Redskins
11. Joe Flacco, Ravens
12. Cam Newton, Panthers
13. Russell Wilson, Seahawks
14. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers

The following teams might think it is a wash...so why bother:
15. Matt Schaub, Texans
16. Matt Stafford, Lions
17. Philip Rivers, Chargers
18. Jay Cutler, Bears
19. Andy Dalton, Bengals
20. Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
21. Michael Vick, Eagles

The following teams sure would
22. Sam Bradford, Rams
23. Christian Ponder, Vikings
24. Mark Sanchez, Jets
25. Carson Palmer, Raiders
26. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills
27. Jake Locker, Titans
28. Matt Cassel, Chiefs
29. Brandon Weeden, Browns
30. Chad Henne, Jaguars
31. Kevin Kolb, Cardinals

Really trying to parse the second grouping is immaterial. That is a bag of "meh" at QB as opposed to the suck in the third group.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 11, 2013, 08:05:06 PM

Romo is clearly, dear god it is laughable to even ask, better than Freeman. The knock on Romo is that he has games where he brainfarts....hello Josh! The difference is that when he's not brainfarting he's actually a useful competent QB who can make good throws other than tossing crap up for grabs.

Assume age doesn't matter the following teams would laugh at us trying to trade Freeman for their guy:

1. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
2. Tom Brady, Patriots
3. Peyton Manning, Broncos
4. Drew Brees, Saints
5. Matt Ryan, Falcons
6. Eli Manning, Giants
7. Andrew Luck, Colts
8. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
9. Tony Romo, Cowboys
10. Robert Griffin III, Redskins
11. Joe Flacco, Ravens
12. Cam Newton, Panthers
13. Russell Wilson, Seahawks
14. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers

The following teams might think it is a wash...so why bother:
15. Matt Schaub, Texans
16. Matt Stafford, Lions
17. Philip Rivers, Chargers
18. Jay Cutler, Bears
19. Andy Dalton, Bengals
20. Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
21. Michael Vick, Eagles

The following teams sure would
22. Sam Bradford, Rams
23. Christian Ponder, Vikings
24. Mark Sanchez, Jets
25. Carson Palmer, Raiders
26. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills
27. Jake Locker, Titans
28. Matt Cassel, Chiefs
29. Brandon Weeden, Browns
30. Chad Henne, Jaguars
31. Kevin Kolb, Cardinals

Really trying to parse the second grouping is immaterial. That is a bag of "meh" at QB as opposed to the suck in the third group.

Pretty fair list I would say.  Dalton has actually played pretty well.  But would I want him over Freeman?  Probably not.  And I don't think the Bengals would like that trade either. It would be a lateral move.  Whats that old sayin?  The devil you know,  is better than the devil you don't?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Freeman among NFL starting QB's ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools