Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp could start glut of Bucs in Hall « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 10, 2013, 09:37:24 PM

Nowhere outside of Tampa will you hear someone say that Alstott has a chance to be a Hall of Famer.

He doesn't have the stats or dominance, and didn't have the blocking ability either.

He was nothing more than a fan favourite who was exciting to watch. He was an anachronism, but if you compare him to the FB of the past who used to get more carries, he doesn't stand up very well against them.

The last FB to be inducted to the HOF was Larry Csonka, who retired in 1979. If a modern FB does get in, it will be Lorenzo Neal because of his elite blocking for many years.

Take a look at the preliminary list of 127 players for this current group of hall of famers.

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/9/27/2013-nominees-for-football-hall-of-fame/

The FB position isn't even listed.

Keyshawn Johnson is even on that list, and he's far from a hall of famer.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 10, 2013, 10:44:10 PM

Brooks, 1st ballot
Lynch, no
Alstott, never
Barber, 1st ballot

Dungy, who cares
Gruden, no

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 10, 2013, 11:20:51 PM

I'll eat my hat if Ronde's a first-ballot selection.  Would you really put him on the level of Deion, Lott, Rod Woodson, Willie Brown, and Blount?  Because I doubt the Hall of Fame voters -- or anyone outside of Tampa -- would.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 10, 2013, 11:26:05 PM

I'll eat my hat if Ronde's a first-ballot selection.  Would you really put him on the level of Deion, Lott, Rod Woodson, Willie Brown, and Blount?  Because I doubt the Hall of Fame voters -- or anyone outside of Tampa -- would.

Agree. I think Barber will get in but he will have to wait a few years.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 10, 2013, 11:27:42 PM

I feel very strongly that you won't have to eat your hat. In other words, it ain't happening! Ronde may eventually get in...but not on day 1.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 11, 2013, 01:31:37 AM

Brooks, 1st ballot
Lynch, no
Alstott, never
Barber, 1st ballot

Dungy, who cares
Gruden, no

Lynch.....no never?    Or not first ballot?

I think he has a good shot. 9 Pro Bowls.  15 year career.  And as Warren would say.....media darlin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 11, 2013, 05:44:26 AM

I'm afraid I will be greatly disappointed if a glut of Buccaneers enter the HoF.
At least you're being honest.

;D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : February 11, 2013, 07:01:51 AM

I'm afraid I will be greatly disappointed if a glut of Buccaneers enter the HoF.
At least you're being honest.

;D

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp could start glut of Bucs in Hall « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools