Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 612

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1230 : March 13, 2013, 12:26:46 AM

Goldson and Grimes would be ok for me if this doesn't pan out.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#1231 : March 13, 2013, 12:28:34 AM

This is not a "Revis or bust" situation. Plenty of other options out there. Plus, this ain't over. Lots of speculation beginning reported as news.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1232 : March 13, 2013, 12:30:52 AM

Goldson and Grimes would be ok for me if this doesn't pan out.
I would be okay with adding maybe one more CB into this mix, perhaps a defensive end like Freeney/Abraham on a one year rental...two year deal.

But drafting a CB in round 2, perhaps 1 would be alright I suppose.  It puts a lot of presure on both the rookie and the safety covering his six.  Rookie mistakes and such.

But yeah, Grimes and Goldson is a decent upgrade to this depleted secondary.  But with Grimes knee issue at his age...it is risky.  Grimes is no cover corner of great affect.  His speed has to be taking a hit...but I would sign him for sure.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1233 : March 13, 2013, 12:32:10 AM

This is not a "Revis or bust" situation. Plenty of other options out there. Plus, this ain't over. Lots of speculation beginning reported as news.
Agree with you completely. But the options need to be signed VERY quickly, as I alluded to.

The Bucs have money, they need the help in the worst way, it should be getting done quickly.

Hell, signing a VET CB actually puts more pressure on the JETS to cave to the demands of the Bucs, if they are truly the active and most interested partner.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1234 : March 13, 2013, 12:33:44 AM

Honestly I put the Revis thing more on The Jests being quadrupeds rather than Dom. Focus on Goldson for now, then work on Revis when they pull their head from their azz.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#1235 : March 13, 2013, 12:33:48 AM

The Bucs caught some breaks today in that the CB market hasn't started moving. I assume the agents are telling their clients to wait for the Bucs to get active in the market before making a decision, but it has given them a little more time to pursue Revis and still have options left over as a backup plan.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1236 : March 13, 2013, 12:35:44 AM

The Bucs caught some breaks today in that the CB market hasn't started moving. I assume the agents are telling their clients to wait for the Bucs to get active in the market before making a decision, but it has given them a little more time to pursue Revis and still have options left over as a backup plan.
AMEN!

That is the biggest break caught so far.

It seems like everyone is mentioning the Bucs as teams to watch for...everyone is waiting to see what the Bucs pay first...ha ha ha!

Nervous.  Real nervous.  This is my team man!  This is our team! This is our Sunday.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1237 : March 13, 2013, 12:36:13 AM

This    ^^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1238 : March 13, 2013, 12:38:18 AM

I would be OK with the following: Goldson, Grimes, a rent-a-DE like you mentioned, then a TE like Keller or Davis. Then you draft a DT like Star or Richardson, move up go for a Desmond Trufant.
You can also pick up a FA DT, move BACK, take an Eifert and then move back up to get a Trufant. Plenty of ways to get a lot better.
If Revis doesn't want to come along for the ride, no problem. SUFFER.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1239 : March 13, 2013, 12:42:11 AM

I would be OK with the following: Goldson, Grimes, a rent-a-DE like you mentioned, then a TE like Keller or Davis. Then you draft a DT like Star or Richardson, move up go for a Desmond Trufant.
You can also pick up a FA DT, move BACK, take an Eifert and then move back up to get a Trufant. Plenty of ways to get a lot better.

I don't think Revis is the problem, its Idzic.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#1240 : March 13, 2013, 12:44:08 AM

I don't think it's a break. I think the Bucs control the CB market right now. That said, Dom has got to keep the comms channels open.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1241 : March 13, 2013, 12:45:54 AM

Yeah, this true, Anti Java. They called him very cautious on NFL Network. That's a nice way of saying he's tentative, afraid.

In Verner We Trust

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#1242 : March 13, 2013, 12:46:23 AM

I don't think Revis is the problem, its Idzic.

I think it's Woody Johnson.

Worried about getting trade raped.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1243 : March 13, 2013, 12:51:21 AM

Yeah, this true, Anti Java. They called him very cautious on NFL Network. That's a nice way of saying he's tentative, afraid.

Seems that way.  His first big deal in the Big Apple.  Dude is stressing big time.

As for Revis.....I would bet he has the suitcases packed and sitting by the front door.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#1244 : March 13, 2013, 12:54:43 AM

In his defense, it is a fairly huge first deal to have to make.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools