Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 612

JAVA=LADYBOY

Practice Squad

#1440 : March 13, 2013, 10:40:54 PM

be honest he's worth it, he can shut down calvin johnson and can shut down the shifty speedy WR like Harvin. Namdi, Smith, Cox's or Grimes can do that. MAKE IT HAPPEN DOM!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1441 : March 13, 2013, 10:41:14 PM

Hell want 15-16 million. Lol. That's a lot of McDoubles
approximately 15-16 million McDoubles per year, if my math is correct.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1442 : March 13, 2013, 10:42:03 PM

If dude passes the physical he's worth more than a first rounder.

Your mortgaging the future. If the Bucs were a player or 2 away from the Super Bowl then I'd be all in.

Is one first rounder really mortgaging our future? The salary can be structured to be cap friendly like Dom's recent contracts.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1443 : March 13, 2013, 10:42:29 PM

If injury wasn't a concern I would be willing to part with the 1st.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1444 : March 13, 2013, 10:42:48 PM

Hell want 15-16 million. Lol. That's a lot of McDoubles
approximately 15-16 million McDoubles per year, if my math is correct.

Depends on if you tax those :)

He can want that all he wants... My guess is he averages round 13-14 per

Buccarooney1

Rookie
#1445 : March 13, 2013, 10:43:51 PM

yes it was his ACL.

Goldson38

Rookie
#1446 : March 13, 2013, 10:44:04 PM

Not for this years number one or next years either. Love the player but the cost is far to much. Go with Grimes and another CB and then draft  either Rhoades, Trufant @ 13 or Banks in the 2nd.  .

If heathy he's worth every bit of a number one. Everyone acts like we're missing out if we trade this years one. We'd be reaching for Rhodes or trufant anyway at #13 . No premiere talent will be there at 13. Corner back is deep in this draft , we should draft that position for depth anyway along with other needs that can be filled with later picks

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1447 : March 13, 2013, 10:44:52 PM

Your mortgaging the future. If the Bucs were a player or 2 away from the Super Bowl then I'd be all in.

Is one first rounder really mortgaging our future? The salary can be structured to be cap friendly like Dom's recent contracts.

I think it could be. Especially with the cap on rookie contracts now. 1st rd is much more valuable. It could be awful if Freeman tanks this year and we are left with no 1st rd pick for a possible replacement.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1448 : March 13, 2013, 10:46:25 PM

I think it could be. Especially with the cap on rookie contracts now. 1st rd is much more valuable. It could be awful if Freeman tanks this year and we are left with no 1st rd pick for a possible replacement.

They want the first this year though. We wouldn't be giving up a chance to draft the QB.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1449 : March 13, 2013, 10:46:30 PM

Not for this years number one or next years either. Love the player but the cost is far to much. Go with Grimes and another CB and then draft  either Rhoades, Trufant @ 13 or Banks in the 2nd.  .

If heathy he's worth every bit of a number one. Everyone acts like we're missing out if we trade this years one. We'd be reaching for Rhodes or trufant anyway at #13 . No premiere talent will be there at 13. Corner back is deep in this draft , we should draft that position for depth anyway along with other needs that can be filled with later picks

I doubt we draft corner at 13, unless millner is there...he won't be.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#1450 : March 13, 2013, 10:46:44 PM

I'm going to be really sad if the Bucs give up a #1 for him.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1451 : March 13, 2013, 10:47:11 PM

Better get the ball rollin....DRC just signed with Denver

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Goldson38

Rookie
#1452 : March 13, 2013, 10:48:04 PM

Mortgage our future haha is this a joke. Someone please tell me the bust rate for first round picks outside the top ten. Always take the proven commodity over the unknown. Especially in this draft where all the corners outside of Millner are projects

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#1453 : March 13, 2013, 10:48:32 PM

You speak as if a first round draft pick is a sure thing. We know what Revis can do. All about his physical condition. I'd be willing to bet on Revis fully recovering than I would the 13th pick becoming a pro bowler.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1454 : March 13, 2013, 10:48:34 PM

They want the first this year though. We wouldn't be giving up a chance to draft the QB.

PFT speculated it was a 2nd this year and 1st nxt. I'm a draft guy man and never recommend trading a 1st rd pick lol. Probably clouds my vision. The injury really scares me here.

Page: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools