Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 612

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 10, 2013, 06:35:26 PM

For the kind of money he's going to get you could go out and pick up a couple of good corners and a FS as well.  That's alot of money to tie up in one player.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 10, 2013, 08:28:48 PM

The Bucs will be a playoff team without Revis this year. This team needs to fill a few holes and add some depth, NOT blow draft picks and cap space for one CB. It's just too risky. This is a guy more focused on his bank account than team goals. This is not a Buccaneer Man.
Yup. No thanks to going all in on Revis. Too risky.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 10, 2013, 08:36:29 PM

If we can turn the contracts of Wright, Black and Trueblood into Darrelle Revis then I'm down for that.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 10, 2013, 09:01:08 PM

If we can turn the contracts of Wright, Black and Trueblood into Darrelle Revis then I'm down for that.
Trueblood is FA, no? I thought he only got a 2yr extension?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 10, 2013, 09:03:42 PM

I thought he just had 2 yrs guaranteed contract. I could be wrong.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 10, 2013, 09:05:22 PM

Roto says FA.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3704/jeremy-trueblood

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 10, 2013, 09:06:44 PM

He's a monster. But at that twenty mil mark?

Hell naw.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 10, 2013, 09:07:08 PM

Roto says FA.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3704/jeremy-trueblood
Thanks..

youngone

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 10, 2013, 09:09:28 PM

I don't think he's going to get around 20 million tho. That's just ludicrous.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 10, 2013, 09:25:36 PM

If the Bucs were one player away, and had plenty of cap room, then maybe.

But for now,  I would like to see a few new starters, preferably all on defense.  And maybe a free agent TE.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 11, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

If the Bucs were one player away, and had plenty of cap room, then maybe.

But for now,  I would like to see a few new starters, preferably all on defense.  And maybe a free agent TE.
Cook, Davis, Keller would all be upgrades at TE.
I would much rather trade up to fill multiple defensive needs as well.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 11, 2013, 07:47:48 AM

20 a year is the agent starting high for negotiation purposes. He'd sign for 15-16 a year with incentives to earn up to 18 I'll bet. He'll have to because that is probably all the market will bear for a guy coming off ACL surgery..

Boid has said himself that corner is one of the most valuable positions in the game , yet he doesn't think the best one in the entire game is worth paying like it. Go figure.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

jwash8503

Second String
#27 : February 11, 2013, 01:23:51 PM

I am so SICK of this "wait until we're one player away" mentality. No offense to anyone who has that opinion, I understand your perspective but wholeheartedly disagree.
The consistently competitive teams aren't out there waiting for championships to come to them.

When the packers signed Charles Woodson they weren't one player away, nor where the ravens when they traded for Boldin(who even had become a bit of a headache).
The Niners were bold with Caepernick, the falcons with Julio, the broncos with Manning.
But what really irks me, is the "boldness" blueprint is in our own history. Our beloved super bowl bucs were built on BOLDNESS. Trading 1st round picks for a primadonna
receiver in Keyshawn, taking a risk and signing an unpredictable Simeon Rice, both moves made when we weren't "one player away." Hell our boldest move wasn't even
made for a player, rather a coach.

My point is this, DOM, Revis needs...no, Bucs fans deserve to have Revis in red and pewter next year..even if you personally have to pick him up at the airport and
hand carry his bags to his locker.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 11, 2013, 02:06:57 PM

My point is this, DOM, Revis needs...no, Bucs fans deserve to have Revis in red and pewter next year..even if you personally have to pick him up at the airport and
hand carry his bags to his locker.

revis for a single 1st round pick and a 12mil contract sure.  revis for 2 firsts and a 25mil contract?  aw heck no.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 11, 2013, 02:19:45 PM

How's about HELL NO!!!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools