Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 612

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1785 : March 14, 2013, 01:22:51 PM

Wait... there are actually people who would rather see us trade a 2nd rounder for **CENSORED**ing Sam Shields instead of trade our 1st rounder for Revis? I'm at a loss for words...

I missed where someone said they would rather do that than a Revis deal. Who said this? I look at the talk of a Shields deal as nothing more than speaking of alternative routes if the Revis deal doesn't pan out.
it seems that some people who are outraged at the idea of sending #13 for Revis are ok with sending a 2nd rounder for Sam Shields.

Which at face value is ridiculous. It's a little more complicated than that, but still. If Shields is worth a 2nd, it's hard to justify Revis not being worth a 1st.

This. I've seen people who have shot down trading a 1st for Revis, but are completely fine with trading a 2nd rounder for Sam Shields. I just don't get it.

Neither of these guys are worth that compensation.

Revis is worth a 1st rounder. He's a top 3 CB in the NFL, if not the best (Most people think he is the best). I guarantee you whoever we would draft at #13 won't be better than Revis.

You can't guarantee that. Obviously, the odds are extremely in your favor but there's been players picked at 13 or after who have had better careers than Revis. Once again I would take my odds and just go with Revis who has already made a name for himself and is one of the best players if not the best player at his position.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#1786 : March 14, 2013, 01:26:28 PM

Wait... there are actually people who would rather see us trade a 2nd rounder for **CENSORED**ing Sam Shields instead of trade our 1st rounder for Revis? I'm at a loss for words...

I missed where someone said they would rather do that than a Revis deal. Who said this? I look at the talk of a Shields deal as nothing more than speaking of alternative routes if the Revis deal doesn't pan out.
it seems that some people who are outraged at the idea of sending #13 for Revis are ok with sending a 2nd rounder for Sam Shields.

Which at face value is ridiculous. It's a little more complicated than that, but still. If Shields is worth a 2nd, it's hard to justify Revis not being worth a 1st.

This. I've seen people who have shot down trading a 1st for Revis, but are completely fine with trading a 2nd rounder for Sam Shields. I just don't get it.

Neither of these guys are worth that compensation.

Revis is worth a 1st rounder. He's a top 3 CB in the NFL, if not the best (Most people think he is the best). I guarantee you whoever we would draft at #13 won't be better than Revis.

You can't guarantee that. Obviously, the odds are extremely in your favor but there's been players picked at 13 or after who have had better careers than Revis. Once again I would take my odds and just go with Revis who has already made a name for himself and is one of the best players if not the best player at his position.

You're right, it isn't a 100%, but it is pretty much 99%. The way I see it is we would probably take a CB at #13 anyways. Revis is the best CB in the NFL, IMO, so why would we risk taking an unknown guy when we can get the best player at the position we're looking for.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#1787 : March 14, 2013, 01:33:16 PM

The Jets are threatening to wait until the draft because Idzik wants the glamour of saying he got a first-round pick (even if it's in 2014).

The reports are that the Jets don't want the 2014 first. If they're willing to hold onto him after the draft, they'd just take the 2014 first.

The Jets have zero leverage.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1788 : March 14, 2013, 01:34:27 PM

Historical big names at pick 13: John Abraham, Tony Gonzalez, Franco Harris.  Lots of bad bad picks at 13.  IT IS UNLUCKY 13.

edit: Add Kellen Winslow Sr to that short list.  Went back to 1950 btw.
: March 14, 2013, 01:39:03 PM The Anomaly

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1789 : March 14, 2013, 01:37:15 PM

You're right, it isn't a 100%, but it is pretty much 99%. The way I see it is we would probably take a CB at #13 anyways. Revis is the best CB in the NFL, IMO, so why would we risk taking an unknown guy when we can get the best player at the position we're looking for.

First, can you PLEASE delete the first 7-8 posts before hitting POST.  It is common msg board courtesy.  Please.

See above for example.

Second, this has already been pointed out.  It isn't just 13 for Revis.  there's a matter of him taking up 15-16 million in salary cap and a lot of guaranteed monies.  You and some of the other squawkers keep forgetting about that little portion.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#1790 : March 14, 2013, 01:42:10 PM

@albertbreer Oakland and Kansas City are vying for free-agent CB Sean Smith. Seems Miami is out of it, for now.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#1791 : March 14, 2013, 01:42:37 PM

Hell - we gave up 2 number ones for Keyshawn Johnson. And you know what, it's up for debate whether that was worth it. Maybe. Maybe not.

A single number one for the best corner in the NFL - from a team with a historically bad pass defense - seems worth the gamble to me. He hurt his knee in week 3 if I'm not mistaken. He has until September to be ready to roll. That's a full year. He should be absolutely fine.

This just seems like a no brainer to me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1792 : March 14, 2013, 01:43:28 PM

First, can you PLEASE delete the first 7-8 posts before hitting POST.  It is common msg board courtesy.  Please.

See above for example.

Second, this has already been pointed out.  It isn't just 13 for Revis.  there's a matter of him taking up 15-16 million in salary cap and a lot of guaranteed monies.  You and some of the other squawkers keep forgetting about that little portion.

some squawkers are also forgetting that we have 14mil invested into Wright and Black.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#1793 : March 14, 2013, 01:44:01 PM

Leverage lost. Sean Smith just signed with the Chiefs. 3 year deal. per Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
RT @davidcanter: Congratulations to #TeamDEC client @SeanSMITH24 on agreeing to terms on a 3 year contract with the @kcchiefs

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#1794 : March 14, 2013, 01:46:14 PM

some squawkers are also forgetting that we have 14mil invested into Wright and Black.

This isn't really relevant.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#1795 : March 14, 2013, 01:46:22 PM

Sean Smith the 2nd round pick who, at 26, was such a good player that the team who drafted him decided to let him go rather than re-sign him?

Yeah, I'm really busted up over not signing him to a big contract.

blackfoot

Starter
#1796 : March 14, 2013, 01:46:29 PM

Revis for our 13+$$$$$, sign Free and MW, pick up Jenkins on the cheap, DT OR DE with our 2 a OT with our 3 a TE and LB with the 4s, RB and BAP with the rest. Playoffs for years to come baby!

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#1797 : March 14, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

See above for example.

If we get Revis and money is such a big issue, we can just cut Wright and Black which would save us around as much as it would cost to pay Revis. So, we could get the best CB in the NFL, and still add some quality players. We could trade for Revis and still sign Brent Grimes, Fred Davis and John Abraham. Use our first pick on the best DT available, and this is definitely a playoff contending team.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#1798 : March 14, 2013, 01:47:53 PM

Leverage lost. Sean Smith just signed with the Chiefs. 3 year deal. per Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
RT @davidcanter: Congratulations to #TeamDEC client @SeanSMITH24 on agreeing to terms on a 3 year contract with the @kcchiefs

We lost no leverage at all. Im sure if Schiano and Dom wanted Smith they would have been able to outbid the Chiefs on Smith. Im sure they have something in mind.

Revis or Grimes and Lewis

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#1799 : March 14, 2013, 01:51:37 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

We lost no leverage at all. Im sure if Schiano and Dom wanted Smith they would have been able to outbid the Chiefs on Smith. Im sure they have something in mind.

Revis or Grimes and Lewis

A plan B would be good. Right now this wait and see attitude is hurting the Bucs.

Last I heard Lewis was heading to the Saints for a visit.
Page: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools