Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 612

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #1905 : March 14, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »

The top corners of this FA are all as good or better than Eric Wright. Corners' value was falsey elevated last FA and it's crashing back down because the cap is staying where it's at again for 2013 and again in 2014. These are good corners, not great, but good. To think an injured Revis is worth 3x what they are getting is a joke.

Like I said all along....$12M-$13M tops. The recent CB contracts just prove it.
Exactly

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #1906 : March 14, 2013, 03:38:15 PM »

For those of you that haven't been keeping up with the league the past few decades that is exactly what happens.
Care to explain how good but not great players like Flacco & Wallace just cashed in if that wasn't the case.
These corners in FA are scrubs, not one of them is among the top half of starters in the league.

Decades?  Hilarious.  Flacco just QB'ed his team to a Super Bowl.  LOL.  Seriously?  You have to ask about that?  How many times does Revis touch the ball a game?  How many points does he score?  Give me a freaking break.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #1907 : March 14, 2013, 03:38:35 PM »

The fact that the "top" FA corners are signing to low money deals makes Dom look smarter because alot of people on here would have thrown 8-9 mil a year on Smith on day 1 of FA. He's not worth that.. Stay the course Dominik.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #1908 : March 14, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »

With all the top corners getting $4M to $6M a year deals.....does anyone still think Revis is worth $16M?

NO!!!  It will cripple us financially.  Tying up 13-14% of your cap in one player that isn't a QB is stupid retarded.  Revis can only cover ONE person.  My gawd Schiano ruined our fanbase with that crap defense.  We are now lining up to mortgage everything because his scheme sucked at pass d.  Terrible.

Tying up 14mil in Wight and Black has done wonders. The bucs arent mortgaging everything. Its a couple picks and a big contract. You can spend that money on 2-3 other guys, but if they arent that good wheres the value?

I love the overly dramatic approach though.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #1909 : March 14, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »

Dumb statement.  Get a grip of yourself and let the hate go...

What hate?  If our pass defense wasn't the worst of all-time do you think you lemmings would be creaming all over yourselves over a  CORNERBACK not QUARTERBACK, a cornerback coming off ACL wanting to be paid as the highest defensive player in the NFL coming off ACL surgery.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #1910 : March 14, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »

While Dom stays the course, we aren't addressing any other needs on our team like pass rush, O-line, TE, back-up RB and QB's.  Not to mention a #2 CB, unless you consider Biggers a #2.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #1911 : March 14, 2013, 03:42:06 PM »

Tying up 14mil in Wight and Black has done wonders. The bucs arent mortgaging everything. Its a couple picks and a big contract. You can spend that money on 2-3 other guys, but if they arent that good wheres the value?

I love the overly dramatic approach though.

One player - $16 mill.  Not a quarterback.  Not someone involved in every down.  Please explain how Revis makes us a contender?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #1912 : March 14, 2013, 03:43:22 PM »

Also, Finnegan doesn't make $15M a year. His contract averages $10M a year. The only reason he gets 15 this year is because he took just $6M on the first year of the deal. Get the facts right or don't argue numbers.

Revis is currently the highest paid CB averaging $11.5M per year. To think he should all of the sudden jump up to $16M a year is rucking fetarded.

I still think hell have to settle for 12-13 mil a year. No team will pay more no matter how good or healthy he is imo.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #1913 : March 14, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »

Also, Finnegan doesn't make $15M a year. His contract averages $10M a year. The only reason he gets 15 this year is because he took just $6M on the first year of the deal. Get the facts right or don't argue numbers.

Revis is currently the highest paid CB averaging $11.5M per year. To think he should all of the sudden jump up to $16M a year is rucking fetarded.
Did I say Finnegan makes $15 million a year? nope I said his cap hit this year is $15 million. Seems that fact is right.
Maybe you could invest in some reading lessons.

Finnegans deal averages $11 million from this year onwards,
Josephs averages $11.58 million
If they are making that per year the best (as I said if healthy) should be making more.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #1914 : March 14, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »

While Dom stays the course, we aren't addressing any other needs on our team like pass rush, O-line, TE, back-up RB and QB's.  Not to mention a #2 CB, unless you consider Biggers a #2.

We haven't filled a single need yet. We lost a DT and DE that played well for us, and still have no CBs, no RT, no slot WR, no TE, no Sam LB, and no RB depth. It is a bit frustrating. Maybe we'll just start 7 rookies.

Draft Aaron Donald

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #1915 : March 14, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »

Pats in on Revis?

Pats have agreed to part with this year's #1 pick ' also next years (2014) #2nd rd pick + some kind of conditional pick in 2014 (Based on teams performance if Revis stays healthy)
- See more at: http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=242#sthash.LLB7Ecu5.BQCJz5rZ.dpuf

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #1916 : March 14, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »

Jason La Canfora on Revis Trade

New York is trying to get a first-round pick as part of the compensation, and the sides could get creative in how they structure the deal, with provisions that would elevate a future draft pick based on Revis' production.

Creative meaning you're going to lose next year's number one pick AND lose out on at least 2 quality FA's this year.    This deal is the kind franchises are damaged long term. 

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #1917 : March 14, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »

Did I say Finnegan makes $15 million a year? nope I said his cap hit this year is $15 million. Seems that fact is right.
Maybe you could invest in some reading lessons.

Finnegans deal averages $11 million from this year onwards,
Josephs averages $11.58 million
If they are making that per year the best (as I said if healthy) should be making more.

Picking a cap hit from one specific year has zero to do with anything. Looking at averages, but only from this year on instead of the whole contract...has zero to do with anything. Your excuses hold no water. No logic to be found.

Also...if healthy? This isn't some alternate reality where he might be healthy. He tore his ACL. He is rehabbing. He just ran for the first time last week. He can't work out for us or pass a physical brfoe we sign him. there is no IF....he is not healthy right now.
« : March 14, 2013, 03:48:31 PM JDouble »

Draft Aaron Donald

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #1918 : March 14, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »

Dumb statement.  Get a grip of yourself and let the hate go...

What hate?  If our pass defense wasn't the worst of all-time do you think you lemmings would be creaming all over yourselves over a  CORNERBACK not QUARTERBACK, a cornerback coming off ACL wanting to be paid as the highest defensive player in the NFL coming off ACL surgery.

You said Schiano's defense ruined the fanbase.  That is a DUMB statement.  Your hate is easy to see. Don't get it twisted like your panties get everytime you hear Schiano's name.  After, QB, a shutdown CB along with a franchise LT are the most coveted positions.  There isn't a franchise QB available right now for a 2nd and 4th is there?  Revis is worth the risk, bottom line

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #1919 : March 14, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »

Pats in on Revis?

Pats have agreed to part with this year's #1 pick ' also next years (2014) #2nd rd pick + some kind of conditional pick in 2014 (Based on teams performance if Revis stays healthy)
- See more at: http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=242#sthash.LLB7Ecu5.BQCJz5rZ.dpuf

Please let it be true.

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi
  Page: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools