Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 612

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1950 : March 14, 2013, 04:18:11 PM

Well now that there are zero cornerbacks left....where is our leverage?

Draft Aaron Donald

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1951 : March 14, 2013, 04:18:43 PM

I love Nicks and Jackson and even Goldson, but I am a firm believer in drafting your stars and using FA to improve your depth. I just don't see us doing that.

WR, RB, O-line, D-line, TE, CB....you name it. We have no depth.

Jospeh returning gives us depth at G. They only ned to find a T to finish the lines depth. Rb they rolled with what they have now save for ware. TE isnt a big role in this system and are mainly used as blockers. A good blocking te would be nice.

Only real holes are NT and CB. DE theres still dcent depth guys available and bennett and miller may return.

So were talking a hanful of guys with only 3 days of fa down and a whole draft to go. Not to kention the second fa period after the drafft. Really its no where jere the dillema some are making out.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#1952 : March 14, 2013, 04:19:03 PM

ehh this thread is just a bunch of back and forth nonsense.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#1953 : March 14, 2013, 04:19:43 PM

We have all the leverage. The Jets do not.

They either take what they can. Or get nothing for him.

We don't need Revis. We could just roll with what we got to be honest. It just means the secondary doesn't get fixed.

The new GM will be fired if he lets Revis walk for no compensation.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1954 : March 14, 2013, 04:19:55 PM

I love Nicks and Jackson and even Goldson, but I am a firm believer in drafting your stars and using FA to improve your depth. I just don't see us doing that.

The problem with that line of thinking is if you're a team like the Bucs that hasn't won a playoff game in a decade, you need players with upside who one day might be able to win you a playoff game. It makes no sense to burden your roster with veterans with no upside in your back up spots. You need your back ups to be developmental players. You never know where your future stars are going to come out of the draft. They're not all 1st and 2nd round picks. Some are 7th rounders and undrafted players so keeping too many go-nowhere veterans prevents you from developing as many as possible.

Guys I'm talking about are 25 and 26...cheap.... plenty of upside.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1955 : March 14, 2013, 04:20:59 PM

The draft.. Dante Hall, Nmandi, Cason, Talib etc.. We're good. No need to reach.

shawn731

Starter

#1956 : March 14, 2013, 04:21:17 PM

depth is pretty easy though.  we can pick up DHB and david nelson for peanuts and our WR depth is great.  we can sign javon ringer or brian leonard or draft your boy dennis allen and our RB depth is great. i think our OL depth is pretty solid already, wasnt that shown last year when we lost 2 probowlers and our starting RT and still held it together?  DL depth was fine until FA started.  everyone wants a premiere TE but many say our offense doesnt need/use it.  stocker and bynam might be our boss and bear.  and as for CB...if we do pull off the revis deal, we are filled with depth...but still one quality starter missing.

and those are just the players i like.  hundreds more out there.

I normally do not criticize but last year we could not run to the right to save our lives.  Look at most of our big runs and you will see we had big problems on the right side.  I think at the least we need a C.  We need depth on both sides more so on the o-line.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#1957 : March 14, 2013, 04:21:45 PM

Jason La Canfora on Revis Trade

New York is trying to get a first-round pick as part of the compensation, and the sides could get creative in how they structure the deal, with provisions that would elevate a future draft pick based on Revis' production.

Creative meaning you're going to lose next year's number one pick AND lose out on at least 2 quality FA's this year.    This deal is the kind franchises are damaged long term.

BWAHAHAHA, seriously?

The deal you're referring to is one where a team drafts a QB in the 1st rd and he ends up being average at best. (see the current state of the Bucs franchise)

The Bucs have been so stellar w/their draft picks that I see your point though..oh wait...

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#1958 : March 14, 2013, 04:22:07 PM

Cary Williams signed by Eagles

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1959 : March 14, 2013, 04:22:35 PM

We have all the leverage. The Jets do not.

They either take what they can. Or get nothing for him.

We don't need Revis. We could just roll with what we got to be honest. It just means the secondary doesn't get fixed.

The new GM will be fired if he lets Revis walk for no compensation.

You are mistaken. "Rolling with what we got" is not a valid option because we have nothing. They know we are desperate now and they have the leverage. They can sit and wait. They already said they'd get back into next week at the owners meeting. They aren't even trying to close a deal right now. They gonna let us sweat and then get exactly what they want next week.

Revis knows this too and will demand a ridiculous contract.

Draft Aaron Donald

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#1960 : March 14, 2013, 04:23:12 PM

next week!? 500 pages for revis topic here we come!

Go Bucs

fabsrubio

Rookie

#1961 : March 14, 2013, 04:23:31 PM

So, Talib, Grimes are all thats left. Maybe Winfield

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#1962 : March 14, 2013, 04:23:37 PM

Cary Williams signed by Eagles
You way late to the party

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#1963 : March 14, 2013, 04:24:03 PM

So, Talib, Grimes are all thats left. Maybe Winfield
Antoine Cason

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#1964 : March 14, 2013, 04:24:55 PM

well we did draft stars Mike Williams, Doug Martin, and Gerald McCoy. And budding star Lavonte David. And we did sign LB depth. And it's only day 3.

Mike Will and McCoy are "stars?" SMH
Page: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools