Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 612

youngone

Hall of Famer

#210 : March 01, 2013, 07:38:41 PM

Except that he faltered in the postseason....per usual

You can't really say that. If Raheem Moore didn't jump for the ball wayyyyyyy before it got there then the broncos move on.
: March 01, 2013, 07:43:11 PM youngone

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#211 : March 01, 2013, 07:53:39 PM

Peyton Manning was , and I don't think the Broncos regret the signing.

Man up and swing for the fences , or continue to bottom dwell. That's how I see it.

what exactly did Manning do for them?

Only played like an MVP.. Big whoop!
meh... big deal... so what...  ;)

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#212 : March 01, 2013, 07:57:35 PM

They're about to lose a franchise LT in Ryan Clady. While Revis is good, you gotta have someone to protect Manning blind side

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#213 : March 01, 2013, 08:02:10 PM

I live in Denver and was just listening to a local sports radio show. They said there was a rumor floating around that Denver is offering their first and Elvis Dumervil for Revis. They speculated that they would bring in Freeney to replace Dumervil's production. Denver is definitely in win now mode so this makes sense if it happens.
I "heard" that rumor too... Incarceratedbob strikes again...

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#214 : March 01, 2013, 08:10:22 PM

They're about to lose a franchise LT in Ryan Clady. While Revis is good, you gotta have someone to protect Manning blind side
They're going to tag him

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#215 : March 01, 2013, 08:12:28 PM

People who are poo-pooing even the possibility of this trade forget how good this guy really is . He's a damn freak :

I garantee if a division rival acquired him we'd all be singing the blues because that would be twice a year that Vincent Jackson might as well just stay home.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#216 : March 01, 2013, 08:15:11 PM

People who are poo-pooing even the possibility of this trade forget how good this guy really is . He's a damn freak :

I garantee if a division rival acquired him we'd all be singing the blues because that would be twice a year that Vincent Jackson might as well just stay home.
Exactly

youngone

Hall of Famer

#217 : March 01, 2013, 08:24:17 PM

What kills me is the people who say we aren't one player away from from being a contender. If we had an elite corner last year we would have won at least 3 more games. We wouldn't have lost to the Giants, Eagles, and the 1st Atlanta game. When the game comes down to one big play I don't want to be one player away from making it.

If we have a reasonable chance at Revis, we should take it.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#218 : March 01, 2013, 08:33:48 PM

What kills me is the people who say we aren't one player away from from being a contender. If we had an elite corner last year we would have won at least 3 more games. We wouldn't have lost to the Giants, Eagles, and the 1st Atlanta game. When the game comes down to one big play I don't want to be one player away from making it.

If we have a reasonable chance at Revis, we should take it.
If we had Revis last year the Broncs may have still beat us, but not by much. Same can be said for that beat down we took against the Saints. I think Revis helps this team 100x more. He's a vet, one of the best CB's if not the best. He can recognize plays better than anyone on that D. Make it happen Dom!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#219 : March 01, 2013, 08:36:24 PM

You can't really say that. If Raheem Moore didn't jump for the ball wayyyyyyy before it got there then the broncos move on.

Since we're gonna play the what if game..... what if Peyton doesn't throw that Favre-like interception?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#220 : March 01, 2013, 08:41:12 PM

Since we're gonna play the what if game..... what if Peyton doesn't throw that Favre-like interception?

So who failed the broncos that game? Manning who throw a pick in a overtime session that never should have happened? Or the safety who thought he was Lebron James on a fluke Hail Mary?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#221 : March 01, 2013, 08:57:40 PM

Both! And if one wants to cherry pick plays, how bout 3rd and 8.... and Manning audibles to a run play thereby handing the ball to Flacco? Brady would NEVER!!!

To be honest, the comparison of Manning to Revis is a ludicrous one as the situations are entirely different starting with the fact that the Manning acquisition didn't cost the Broncos any draft picks.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#222 : March 01, 2013, 09:44:08 PM

Both! And if one wants to cherry pick plays, how bout 3rd and 8.... and Manning audibles to a run play thereby handing the ball to Flacco? Brady would NEVER!!!

Manning had the Ravens beat.  Brady didn't.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#223 : March 02, 2013, 04:51:49 PM

Per incarceratedbob: Broncs-Revis trade talks heating up. Elway trying to make it happen.

$18.5M available? Yea, I doubt the Broncs trade for Revis just to use as a 1yr rental CB.
: March 02, 2013, 05:01:45 PM SWAGGANEER

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#224 : March 02, 2013, 05:27:27 PM

Actually, I think Revis is only scheduled to make $9M in his final year....so a team like Denver that has a short window might give up a couple 3rds or something to get him for one year with no new contract. I don't think cornerback is Denver's weakness though.....so doesn't make a lot of sense. Somebody probably just had the idea pop in their head of how cool it would be to have Bailey and Revis on the same team....and they started a BS rumor.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools