Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 612

swamp_bats

Starter
#2100 : March 14, 2013, 08:33:55 PM

We gave up the chance to sign other corners for trying, that's what.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#2101 : March 14, 2013, 08:33:59 PM

I'd have to add though, it could even be the Glazers, who I have applauded for things in the past, that might even be "ordering" Dom to make such a bad deal, i.e., Revis for a First Round pick.  Even then, though, it would be Dom's responsibility to the Glazers to recommend not parting with a First Round pick.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#2102 : March 14, 2013, 09:15:33 PM

There are other options still on the table BDFU.

Revis, whether on not people are happy with him or how long his trade takes, is still an option. That would be my favorite.

The other options are waiver wire and draft. There are a few select corners that I happen to believe will be good solid corners for years. Maybe they are thinking the same thing, with just a little more ego in the mix? I would hardly think of it as a good thing to be starting a rookie corner against this lot of wideouts they'll be facing.

Regardless, placing all their confidence into rookies and unsigned players is what got them into this mess. I seriously doubt they have that as their only backup plan. Even the signing of goldson will not fix it, but it tones the need for CB down to one corner. A group with biggers, Barron, goldson, and revis is much more respectable than last season. Really, all they have to do is get one good corner now that they brought in goldson.

I agree with you on the Revis scenario but here's the thing....most here are acting like the GM is playing some sort of Yoda-like grandmaster role when in actuality, he's painted himself into a corner (pun intended). When/If Revis is brought on-board, who will be the lucky #2 and #3 that will be on the field defending the top offences of this league?

The Bucs were the worst secondary last season and needed good depth along with quality, which in my estimation, was there to be had in FA and I'm honestly puzzled here watching this play out. Folks are cheering Dom's decision to not waste money on "mediocre" CBs but are silent when he signs Casillas and Ogletree? Come onnnnnn....

So you expected Dom to get Goldson, Revis and another CB through FA?

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#2103 : March 14, 2013, 09:24:07 PM

There are other options still on the table BDFU.

Revis, whether on not people are happy with him or how long his trade takes, is still an option. That would be my favorite.

The other options are waiver wire and draft. There are a few select corners that I happen to believe will be good solid corners for years. Maybe they are thinking the same thing, with just a little more ego in the mix? I would hardly think of it as a good thing to be starting a rookie corner against this lot of wideouts they'll be facing.

Regardless, placing all their confidence into rookies and unsigned players is what got them into this mess. I seriously doubt they have that as their only backup plan. Even the signing of goldson will not fix it, but it tones the need for CB down to one corner. A group with biggers, Barron, goldson, and revis is much more respectable than last season. Really, all they have to do is get one good corner now that they brought in goldson.

I agree with you on the Revis scenario but here's the thing....most here are acting like the GM is playing some sort of Yoda-like grandmaster role when in actuality, he's painted himself into a corner (pun intended). When/If Revis is brought on-board, who will be the lucky #2 and #3 that will be on the field defending the top offences of this league?

The Bucs were the worst secondary last season and needed good depth along with quality, which in my estimation, was there to be had in FA and I'm honestly puzzled here watching this play out. Folks are cheering Dom's decision to not waste money on "mediocre" CBs but are silent when he signs Casillas and Ogletree? Come onnnnnn....

So you expected Dom to get Goldson, Revis and another CB through FA?

What I expected was that they'd get 2 good CBs in Free Agency...I personally wasn't even a fan of this Revis trade but now what are the other options?

I'm pretty tired now so I'm gonna let this ride out but I think Dom's a goner after this debacle.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

spartan

Hall of Famer
#2104 : March 14, 2013, 09:24:39 PM

We still have the leverage because we the draft hasn't happened yet.

But I am beginning to think that Dom has been focusing too much on this potential trade and took his eye off the ball for FA outside of Goldson. I DO NOT think we have to give up a first rounder, and I think we could have leveraged more if we put our offer on the table then went and spent 6 million on some other corner.

I remember the first FA year that Dom was in charge, the running comment was none of the agents could get in contact with him as he was doing it all himself. I'm getting the same feeling now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2105 : March 14, 2013, 09:30:03 PM

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2737048&posted=1#post2737048

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#2106 : March 14, 2013, 09:31:07 PM

Nope. Fans are in panic mode but Dom is sticking to his guns. Revis isn't going anywhere and Dom knows it.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2107 : March 14, 2013, 09:31:41 PM

What, may I ask, happens if we get him and keep the first?

Or give up the first, draft Logan Ryan, and Revis is fine?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2108 : March 14, 2013, 09:35:07 PM

We still have the leverage because we the draft hasn't happened yet.

But I am beginning to think that Dom has been focusing too much on this potential trade and took his eye off the ball for FA outside of Goldson. I DO NOT think we have to give up a first rounder, and I think we could have leveraged more if we put our offer on the table then went and spent 6 million on some other corner.

I remember the first FA year that Dom was in charge, the running comment was none of the agents could get in contact with him as he was doing it all himself. I'm getting the same feeling now.

Dom isn't alone in the building any longer.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2109 : March 14, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

What, may I ask, happens if we get him and keep the first?

Or give up the first, draft Logan Ryan, and Revis is fine?
If the BUcs give up the second and keep the first, they suddenly need to draft pass rushers.

Jarvis Jones is ideal, but they might go Ansah.  Who knows.  But pass rush will be the focus, no doubt.

Revis is good for a few coverage sacks a year as well.

But Logan Ryan would be nice in round 2 to pair up with Revis.  Theoretically.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2110 : March 14, 2013, 09:40:42 PM

You were too friendly to those f*ckers... ;)

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2111 : March 14, 2013, 09:42:15 PM

You were too friendly to those f*ckers... ;)
Yeah, wanted to see if I could see how they were feeling about things, before I went all Fink on their azzes.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2112 : March 14, 2013, 09:42:22 PM

I was speaking more on if your faith will be with a slightly more positive outlook.

In theory, while I wouldn't agree with it, we can still survive if we give up the first as well.

.....you can bet people would freak out at first though.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2113 : March 14, 2013, 09:45:31 PM

I was speaking more on if your faith will be with a slightly more positive outlook.

In theory, while I wouldn't agree with it, we can still survibe if we give up the first as well.
My outlook is positive when it needs to be.  I am more realistic at this moment, because we are dealing with a lot of potential here.  But if they do not enhance their roster, why should I feel positive?

When you watch as much football as I have over the years Beetles, you will learn to drop that ridiculous homer flag, and post with more thought, good or bad.

I do not want to read how great things are when I am standing knee high in dog crap and have to scratch my foot while running.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

smithcar

Starter

#2114 : March 14, 2013, 09:46:37 PM

Wright is still on the roster because cutting him makes it more obvious that we need a CB. There are still a couple decent CBs out there. If we end up starting the season with Wright and Leonard Johnson as our starting CBs...then I will be worried. I am not ready to jump ship and rip the Bucs yet.

So we are keeping it a secret that our CB play was terrible??  Nobody else knows how bad they were, come on!  We better stop talking about needing a CB incase it leaks to the rest of the world.
Page: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools