Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 612

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#2205 : March 15, 2013, 11:10:13 AM

wow ive heard it all now. the board just went full r*tard

You never go full r*tard...

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2206 : March 15, 2013, 11:12:03 AM

wow ive heard it all now. the board just went full r*tard

You never go full r*tard...

the OP just did. wow wow wow

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#2207 : March 15, 2013, 11:13:05 AM

Dominik signed Dashon Goldson while trying to trade for Revis. I don't think the trade is preventing him from also pursuing free agents.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

kbl117

Starter

#2208 : March 15, 2013, 11:18:28 AM

Jets are on the hook for his entire signing bonus, and would still b on the hook for most of his money

Interesting idea but not possible because of bonus money

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#2209 : March 15, 2013, 11:20:48 AM

I think you guys are being a little closed-minded on the idea. He's suggesting getting Revis for the price Dominik wants to pay (the second this year) but rather than increasing the price, taking on a bad salary for a year. Sanchez would serve as a backup and then be cut. I think it's a very good solution to the problem if 1) the Jets genuinely want to get rid of him and 2) Sanchez can be released after this upcoming season with no further cap ramifications.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2210 : March 15, 2013, 11:22:42 AM

I think you guys are being a little closed-minded on the idea. He's suggesting getting Revis for the price Dominik wants to pay (the second this year) but rather than increasing the price, taking on a bad salary for a year. Sanchez would serve as a backup and then be cut. I think it's a very good solution to the problem if 1) the Jets genuinely want to get rid of him and 2) Sanchez can be released after this upcoming season with no further cap ramifications.
It doesn't work like that. Jets would have to pay him his entire signing bonus right now if they did that.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2211 : March 15, 2013, 11:30:59 AM

Dominik signed Dashon Goldson while trying to trade for Revis. I don't think the trade is preventing him from also pursuing free agents.

I still say the trade gets made today.

It's been brewing for awhile and someone will cave. At least we haven't heard any, "they walked away" type stuff, so it should still be on the table.

Btw, the meatheads saying goldson getting signed messed with the revis trade.. Dom signed nicks and vj at the same time (with burnt toast on the side). If anything, it put the scews to the jets a little but.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2212 : March 15, 2013, 11:34:42 AM

Meanwhile Keller is signing with Miami. Dom? Dom? Buehler? Buehler?

In Verner We Trust

JM2

Pro Bowler

#2213 : March 15, 2013, 11:34:58 AM

If anything, it put the scews to the jet's little butt.

I really don't think anyone is interested in seeing that... ;D

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2214 : March 15, 2013, 11:40:30 AM

If anything, it put the scews to the jet's little butt.

I really don't think anyone is interested in seeing that... ;D
Java raises hand

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#2215 : March 15, 2013, 11:40:59 AM

Ah, yeah, well, that wouldn't work, then. :)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2216 : March 15, 2013, 11:47:47 AM

WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU PUNISH US WITH MARK SANCHEZ?

/end rant

i concur

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#2217 : March 15, 2013, 11:50:17 AM

Just say NO to Dirty Sanchez

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2218 : March 15, 2013, 11:50:22 AM

Trade away all out picks for a running back!

Genius!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#2219 : March 15, 2013, 11:53:35 AM

I still say the trade gets made today.

It's been brewing for awhile and someone will cave. At least we haven't heard any, "they walked away" type stuff, so it should still be on the table.

Btw, the meatheads saying goldson getting signed messed with the revis trade.. Dom signed nicks and vj at the same time (with burnt toast on the side). If anything, it put the scews to the jets a little but.

I could totally see the deal being made today though WDAE 620 was saying this morning that the Jets were no longer shopping Revis.
Page: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools