Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 612

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#270 : March 04, 2013, 07:39:10 PM

You mean super size.......oh wait......that's against the law these days.........nevermind

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#271 : March 04, 2013, 08:12:16 PM

I like the ball hawking skills in that vid.  If only Biggers would turn on the ball every now and then. He might even get a pick or two.

MOST frustrating part about him. He is very often where he needs to be but simply doesnt make the play on the ball.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#272 : March 04, 2013, 08:42:17 PM

With his contract demands it's not surprising he's getting the cold shoulder.

Still, it's gotta be better than the stink finger.

you got a virtual chuckle outta that

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#273 : March 04, 2013, 10:12:42 PM

Revis would hate Tampa, this place is the black hole of media attention.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#274 : March 04, 2013, 10:31:30 PM

Revis would hate Tampa, this place is the black hole of media attention.

He doesn't care about media , he cares about getting paid.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#275 : March 04, 2013, 10:59:53 PM

A defense with McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, Lavonte David, Foster, Revis, Ronde and Barron plus possibly another free agent or rookie pass rusher could be really, really, really good. Our GM and our quarterback's jobs are on the line this year....I think you can count on some big things happening this offseason. Bringing in V-Jax, Nicks and Doug Martin last year was a great push in the right direction with the fans...but bringing in Revis would put it over the top. That stadium would be packed every single Sunday. We would go from a scary up and coming team to a title contender overnight with the addition of Revis and a couple others. We're talking about one of the best players of all-time at his position, that just so happens to be our biggest weakness. I know people are gonna cry about the money being spent on him...but that's the amount you have to pay to get a top 5 player in the league.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#276 : March 04, 2013, 11:06:12 PM

A defense with McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, Lavonte David, Foster, Revis, Ronde and Barron plus possibly another free agent or rookie pass rusher could be really, really, really good. Our GM and our quarterback's jobs are on the line this year....I think you can count on some big things happening this offseason. Bringing in V-Jax, Nicks and Doug Martin last year was a great push in the right direction with the fans...but bringing in Revis would put it over the top. That stadium would be packed every single Sunday. We would go from a scary up and coming team to a title contender overnight with the addition of Revis and a couple others. We're talking about one of the best players of all-time at his position, that just so happens to be our biggest weakness. I know people are gonna cry about the money being spent on him...but that's the amount you have to pay to get a top 5 player in the league.

I would say the jury HAS TO BE OUT to see how he comes back from his ACL.. Most people are NOT Peterson.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#277 : March 04, 2013, 11:06:47 PM

Revis talks about being shopped around, how he would affect the Niners if he landed there..  And his close friendship with Rex.

#278 : March 04, 2013, 11:47:08 PM

Dom should not offer more than Benn/ Blount.

On the other hand, why would you spend that much jack on a CB coming off an ACL when you can get 2 quality, healthy FA starters for the same price? That's all this defense requires, especially if you get better DL production.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#279 : March 05, 2013, 02:07:57 AM

Because mtn, one of those "healthy" corners only was able to rack up four ints in two seasons.

A healthy revis catches more ints while he's sitting on a toilet, than those guys at full speed.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#280 : March 05, 2013, 02:59:08 AM

On the other hand, why would you spend that much jack on a CB coming off an ACL when you can get 2 quality, healthy FA starters for the same price? That's all this defense requires, especially if you get better DL production.

So you think you're getting one of the greatest corners of all-time in the prime of his career by offering them two of our third stringers? Revis is worth it because he basically eliminates the top receiver of each team. If we didn't have to worry about Julio Jones at all it would be a hell of a lot easier to contain Roddy White. Even if we get Revis we're still in all likelyhood going to draft a corner in the first 3 rounds as well as sign another in free agency. I can't wait til about a week from now when we hear about what's going on in free agency.

#281 : March 05, 2013, 10:09:08 AM

Because mtn, one of those "healthy" corners only was able to rack up four ints in two seasons.

A healthy revis catches more ints while he's sitting on a toilet, than those guys at full speed.

So you think you're getting one of the greatest corners of all-time in the prime of his career by offering them two of our third stringers? Revis is worth it because he basically eliminates the top receiver of each team. If we didn't have to worry about Julio Jones at all it would be a hell of a lot easier to contain Roddy White. Even if we get Revis we're still in all likelyhood going to draft a corner in the first 3 rounds as well as sign another in free agency. I can't wait til about a week from now when we hear about what's going on in free agency.

Revis used to do that......no guarantee he still can. Why would Dom give up valuable picks like they did for Gruden & Keyshawn Johnson without knowing if Revis will be 100%? Don't think the Jets have all that much leverage so they can take it or leave it, their choice- Benn/ Blount. 

That's what Sean Smith would do for this team. Sign Smith plus one of the following -Toler/ Cox/ Grimes or McKelvin etc & it's a wiser investment....leaves room to improve the pass rush. The Bucs probably need to add 2-3 CBs this off season. In this defense, give me a pass rush, 4 capable NFL starting CBs & we're good to go.

#282 : March 05, 2013, 10:16:24 AM

@Franchi5e:

And, Blount may get a 1st or 2nd round tender.............

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#283 : March 05, 2013, 11:41:48 AM

Quote from: Benchwarmer#1
I have never witnessed Revis intercepting a pass while sitting on a toilet, but I believe you that it has indeed happened.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#284 : March 05, 2013, 11:42:38 AM

Smith is only a slightly better version of biggers. No thanks I'll pass.

I would much rather have a corner who can actually get ints.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools