Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 612

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2745 : March 17, 2013, 04:23:24 AM

All's i know is if we get revis, All y'all's gonna look like fools.  :D

Boid, as to your post, I stated my opinion in my chat. I think letting the CB's dry up  was intentional, feeling confident revis will sign.

It's a gamble, but if he does, he'll be a damned genius. Why settle for **CENSORED**? All of you always complain we're the brides maid, but for the second FA in a row we're actually trying to be the groom. I think you all would like that.

Honestly, i've mic'd about it all day and im tired, but i have gone over everything and i feel confident this will happen. it may not and if not it may suck, but i don't wanna start talking about it again. it's 4am...

Now I know how WhatTheBuc feels. ^_^*

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2746 : March 17, 2013, 05:19:28 AM

Damaged goods. Giving up a couple of 2nd rounders and a few lower rounders and paying him $16 mil/season. What will you say when he gets carted off the field in his first Buc game? Sell the farm for this guy and our franchise is set back another 5 yrs. Of course, you don't sit in RayJay sweating your nads off hoping this team finally comes around......

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2747 : March 17, 2013, 05:53:27 AM

Gonna happen. Matter of when not if. If not, the jets are nuts.

In Verner We Trust

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#2748 : March 17, 2013, 06:16:10 AM

Lol why are you so sure it'll happen? You are probably the only one

Go Bucs

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#2749 : March 17, 2013, 06:18:30 AM

Boid, as to your post, I stated my opinion in my chat. I think letting the CB's dry up  was intentional, feeling confident revis will sign.

It's a gamble, but if he does, he'll be a damned genius. Why settle for **CENSORED**? All of you always complain we're the brides maid, but for the second FA in a row we're actually trying to be the groom. I think you all would like that.

Honestly, i've mic'd about it all day and im tired, but i have gone over everything and i feel confident this will happen. it may not and if not it may suck, but i don't wanna start talking about it again. it's 4am...

Now I know how WhatTheBuc feels. ^_^*
Right because getting Revis and 2 or 3 guys in the draft is going to fill our holes in the starting roster and add much neeeded depth over the team.
When teams go after and abuse 4th string calibre CB #25 becasue he's starting over from Revis we're all going to look like fools.
Where is the ratational DE, the other tackle next to McCoy, the other 2 (at least) nfl calibre CBs, the real slot wideout (Ogletree is garbage), who's joining David and Foster as a starting LBer (don't give me that scrub who could't get playing time on the worst defense ever), oline depth to cover for the annual loses to IR, a starting TE (sorry but when you come in and they say you will be battling Stocker you aren't the answer), just general improvements to depth.
Sure seems like a lot of questions to be answered with just a couple of draft picks.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2750 : March 17, 2013, 08:02:51 AM

What will you say when he gets carted off the field in his first Buc game?

is that the over/under?  give me the over for 1 gazillion dollars.

and no matter who we sign, or how great our depth is, its still gonna be hot and humid in tampa.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#2751 : March 17, 2013, 08:12:53 AM

"All's i know is if we get revis, All y'all's gonna look like fools."

He better have more than just the Revis deal hid up his sleeve to justify all the dithering about he's been doing through FA. Because what I see is the loss of productive players and depth and a lot of needs heading into the draft w/ very few picks to fill the holes he created himself.

The "Building through the draft" mantra will become the losers-limp for those trying to rationalize an abysmal free agency.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#2752 : March 17, 2013, 08:15:00 AM

if, when all is said an done, our crappy cornerback situation hasn't been addressed i'll be leading the pack calling for Dom's ouster. At this point, why is everyone up in arms as if Dom has been out playing golf or something?

Hate, in this thread he's either out playing golf or doing nothing but talking about Revis and missing player X, Y, Z.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2753 : March 17, 2013, 08:18:17 AM

no playoffs and I give Dom a bird.

Simple.

Playoffs, or get the hell out.  Go after Tuna again.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2754 : March 17, 2013, 09:07:39 AM

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2755 : March 17, 2013, 09:08:55 AM

Lol why are you so sure it'll happen? You are probably the only one

It just makes too much sense for both teams ....got to happen.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2756 : March 17, 2013, 09:10:32 AM

He better have more than just the Revis deal hid up his sleeve to justify all the dithering about he's been doing through FA. Because what I see is the loss of productive players and depth and a lot of needs heading into the draft w/ very few picks to fill the holes he created himself.

The "Building through the draft" mantra will become the losers-limp for those trying to rationalize an abysmal free agency.

Tell me you wouldn't be happy if this ended with Revis and Dumervil and we still had all our 1st round picks.

This is far from over.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#2757 : March 17, 2013, 09:32:50 AM

Tell me you wouldn't be happy if this ended with Revis and Dumervil and we still had all our 1st round picks.

This is far from over.

Happy? I'd be freakin' ecstatic.

Is that part of Dom's double secret ultra -great yet unseen plan too?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2758 : March 17, 2013, 09:34:53 AM

Well Revis clearly is .....still don't know about Dumervil.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#2759 : March 17, 2013, 09:44:27 AM

Well Revis clearly is .....still don't know about Dumervil.

This fantasy football message has been brought to you by those that live in their hopes and dreams.

* BTW..I'm fairly certain the Revis thing is pretty much fait accompli what's not clear is the cost. Therein lies the rub.
Page: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools