Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 612

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#300 : March 05, 2013, 05:16:49 PM

Oh...so you guys have seen him play and he's 100%.  Why didn't you say so!!!  My bad. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#301 : March 05, 2013, 05:51:25 PM

1. If we knew for sure he was healthy, asking price would be two ones....and worth it.
2. Drop the salary and they wouldn't even trade him.
3. Drop the salary and everyone could be in on him.
So your smugness is misplaced.
Before injury he was the best cover corner since Deion. Anything close and he is a bargain. We can debate, however, whether this is the best utilization of our resources. So this isn't a slam dunk no matter how you spin it.

In Verner We Trust

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#302 : March 05, 2013, 05:58:21 PM

1. If we knew for sure he was healthy, asking price would be two ones....and worth it.
Before injury he was the best cover corner since Deion. Anything close and he is a bargain. We can debate, however, whether this is the best utilization of our resources. So this isn't a slam dunk no matter how you spin it.

So how do you justify spending picks and a ton of money to bring him here without knowing 100% that he is Revis of old???

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#303 : March 05, 2013, 06:04:56 PM

So how do you justify spending picks and a ton of money to bring him here without knowing 100% that he is Revis of old???
its called a risk

Hate

Hall of Famer
#304 : March 05, 2013, 06:18:27 PM

Because mtn, one of those "healthy" corners only was able to rack up four ints in two seasons.

A healthy revis catches more ints while he's sitting on a toilet, than those guys at full speed.

Myth. Revis has 5 ints over the last 3 years. 19 in 6.... translation, 3 per yr.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#305 : March 05, 2013, 06:31:35 PM

Because mtn, one of those "healthy" corners only was able to rack up four ints in two seasons.

A healthy revis catches more ints while he's sitting on a toilet, than those guys at full speed.

Myth. Revis has 5 ints over the last 3 years. 19 in 6.... translation, 3 per yr.

Happens when you shutdown targets like he does. If it wasn't for Sanchez he could have a superbowl by now.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#306 : March 05, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

He will never rack up the INTs.. He doesn't get thrown at, and when he does get thrown at good luck trying to complete that pass.

Megatron is completely unstoppable but the last time they played the jets Revis held him to one catch for 9 yards. Other DBs couldn't dream about doing that to Calvin Johnson.

shawn731

Starter

#307 : March 05, 2013, 06:36:06 PM

The whole Revis scenario is crazy.  His track record when it comes to contracts should frighten many teams.  His on field production is great, BUT he gets away with a lot on the field.  He is one of the most aggressive CB's on the field, and if the refs will call it like it is he would constantly get flagged for PI and contact past 5yds.  He is a great corner but any team that signs him is putting a lot of money in one spot.  And like many have said he alone won't win you the big game.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#308 : March 05, 2013, 06:37:10 PM

Happens when you shutdown targets like he does. If it wasn't for Sanchez he could have a superbowl by now.

If one wants to point out that QBs try to avoid his vicinity, i'd agree whole-heartedly but when it comes to ints, Primetime he is not.

As for the Superbowl comment, Brady would have 5 rings if it wasn't for Eli.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#309 : March 05, 2013, 06:44:33 PM

If one wants to point out that QBs try to avoid his vicinity, i'd agree whole-heartedly but when it comes to ints, Primetime he is not.

Primetime never had more than 7 and he's had a number of 2 and 3 int years. So Revis is right in line with probably the best that has ever done it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#310 : March 05, 2013, 06:45:39 PM

Happens when you shutdown targets like he does.

Yes. Smart QB's avoid him like the plague.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#311 : March 05, 2013, 06:50:49 PM

its called a risk

No its not.  It is called stupidity.  Guy has a major knee injury and you want to pony up picks and mad cash?  That is just plain asking for trouble and a "bust".  You should be asking why is he so adamant on getting a new deal before he sees the field.  Is it because he knows he's not the same?  If he is the same go out and play for the $16 mill. 

How do you reconcile giving 13% of your total cap to ONE injured player that you have no idea if he can play at an elite level?  That's not "risk".

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#312 : March 05, 2013, 06:51:50 PM

I really don't get the Sanchez comment.  I mean you could do the same for the Bucs or pretty much 31 other teams.  Weird.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#313 : March 05, 2013, 07:35:31 PM

Primetime never had more than 7 and he's had a number of 2 and 3 int years. So Revis is right in line with probably the best that has ever done it.

Maybe i should have said Sherman, he is not!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#314 : March 05, 2013, 07:48:36 PM

Maybe i should have said Sherman, he is not!!

at least he has more twitter followers.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools