Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 ... 612

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#4305 : March 23, 2013, 01:05:21 PM

Mark is smart, no need to give away a ton of draft picks for a player that only we will be able to afford again next year. I'd rather us sign Grimes and Trufant and then draft DE and possibly trade back up into the first round and get the younger Trufant brother.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#4306 : March 23, 2013, 01:13:29 PM

Will somebody answer me a simple question?  If the Glazers truly are offering our 2014 1st and 2nd round picks for Revis and wish to keep their 2013 picks...is there any good reason you can think of to offer it before August?
You mean before April  (The draft)? That seems like a pretty good point.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4307 : March 23, 2013, 01:26:25 PM

Will somebody answer me a simple question?  If the Glazers truly are offering our 2014 1st and 2nd round picks for Revis and wish to keep their 2013 picks...is there any good reason you can think of to offer it before August?

I think it's already done. Revis, the jets, and the bucs all know it, it's just a question of when they will tell everyone else.

My guess, they shock the draft.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#4308 : March 23, 2013, 01:32:55 PM

I think it's already done. Revis, the jets, and the bucs all know it, it's just a question of when they will tell everyone else.

Let's hope so. Our secondary wouldn't be perfect but revis + goldson would be great additions

Go Bucs

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#4309 : March 23, 2013, 01:40:06 PM

I can't think of a reason that it would be done and they haven't announced it. I'm not saying that's not the case, I just can't figure out why it would be.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucNCane

Second String
#4310 : March 23, 2013, 01:53:31 PM

Could be a Jets media thing. Maybe they hope to reduce the criticism by having the fans caught up in all of the newly drafted players. Not a bad way to subdue the ny media.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4311 : March 23, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

I hear that Scott Reynolds and Mark Cook, in a secret meeting, are close to changing Pewter Report's name to the Revis Report.

The deal hinges on compensation from readers.  Thankfully readers are holding out.

Like.

Who is going to blink first?

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4312 : March 23, 2013, 01:59:42 PM

Let's hope so. Our secondary wouldn't be perfect but revis + goldson would be great additions

Respectfully disagree. Of course, nothing is ever perfect, but to have a healthy revis and goldson out there would be about as perfect as they come.

Having rev and gold would allow shifting of the defense, so that players with deficiancies (like lyron) could be covered up pretty well. And if Barron, in his old position, lights it up I think it it would be even more deadly. Also, you have to figure that if barber stays on, he'll be more flexable on whatever down he's needed. If they know the opposition's #2 is super-slow, they may choose to stick barber on them, or on blitzing downs have him come off the edge.

Honestly, to me, a backfield made up of revis, Barron, goldson, and barber sounds pretty damn solid.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#4313 : March 23, 2013, 02:04:35 PM

Optimistically over-thinking it.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#4314 : March 23, 2013, 02:06:40 PM

It's only optimism based on your perspective. :)

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4315 : March 23, 2013, 02:50:29 PM

Pass,  the leverage the the jets have is that they know how much we need a corner,  and that there is no one left on the market to fill that need with. A piece of leverage we never needed to give them.

That's like a Mercedes dealer thinking he has leverage because a customer needs a car. There are still options, just none as good as Revis. Bucs could still make a play for Shields and sign Grimes. We can also use the draft. Plus, Goldson will already improve pass coverage.

We want Revis. We don't "need" him.

Except they aren't stupid.....they know how badly we want that Mercedes. If we didn't we would have gone looking at some other cars by now.

We've been camped out in the dealership for days now and aren't showing any signs of leaving....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#4316 : March 23, 2013, 02:59:14 PM

Let me get this straight...  Bucs are thin at CB yet are trying to trade Eric Wright?  This is a dumb idea and will only drive up the Jets asking price for Revis even more! WTH are they doing at OBP?!?!
: March 23, 2013, 03:05:28 PM SWAGGANEER

swamp_bats

Starter
#4317 : March 23, 2013, 03:01:11 PM

Breaking news in yet another taped phone conversation, this time between Dom and Izzy from the Jets. The trade is all just PR games. It seems the Jets want the focus taken away from the Tebow saga and the fact the Rex is a terrible coach. The Bucs ownership on the other hand have decided to go back to being super cheap and are using this as a way to show fans "hey, at least we tried to do something big" hoping Bucs fans will just be happy with the flirtation of Revis combined with our one signing being a pro bowl safety and NOT a punter. As a last ditch if the fans and media catch on the last part of the plan is to trade Freeman and Blount straight up for Tebow and 3 years worth of Foot Fancy magazine with extra crispy pages...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4318 : March 23, 2013, 03:08:56 PM

Let me get this straight...  Bucs are thin at CB yet are trying to trade Eric Wright?  This is a dumb idea and will only drive up the Jets asking price for Revis even more! WTH are they doing at OBP?!?!
we weren't gonna keep him anyway. may as well see if we can trade him. don'y think it'll work but hey.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4319 : March 23, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

Who feels that the E Wrighteous trade news is related to the Revis deal? Or some other corner signing like Grimes?

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools