Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 ... 612

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4320 : March 23, 2013, 03:32:59 PM

Let me get this straight...  Bucs are thin at CB yet are trying to trade Eric Wright?  This is a dumb idea and will only drive up the Jets asking price for Revis even more! WTH are they doing at OBP?!?!

Do you think the Jets don't know the situation regarding Eric Wright?

Eric Wright has nada to with the trade negotiations.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#4321 : March 23, 2013, 03:34:20 PM

Who feels that the E Wrighteous trade news is related to the Revis deal? Or some other corner signing like Grimes?

I just feel like there is no way in hell that this team won't add at least two corners before next season. The CB group that got torched a few yards short of the record last year is even worse at this point. Dominik and Schiano are smart guys and they know what they are doing. Especially with the emphasis on man coverage with this team, I'd be beyond shocked if they don't get Revis and/or Grimes.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4322 : March 23, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

To me, i don't think we'd trade him without being damn sure we get revis.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4323 : March 23, 2013, 03:42:48 PM

That's what I'm thinking. I don't even think they would make it known they we're trying to trade him if we weren't 90 to 100 percent sure we were getting him.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

swamp_bats

Starter
#4324 : March 23, 2013, 03:43:49 PM

I don't think it matters either way. These coaches like Leonard Johnson more than we think. Revis or no Revis Eric is gone. One surprise outcome to all this not many would see coming is Revis falls thru and we trade for someone else's corner that didn't even think was on market kinda like Indy did last year with Miami. Bring on Joe Haden!

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#4325 : March 23, 2013, 03:45:19 PM

Let me get this straight...  Bucs are thin at CB yet are trying to trade Eric Wright?  This is a dumb idea and will only drive up the Jets asking price for Revis even more! WTH are they doing at OBP?!?!

Wright has everything to do with it Biggs.  Jets see a team already paper thin at CB attempting to trade a CB which would leave them even more needy at CB gives the Jets even more leverage now.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#4326 : March 23, 2013, 03:47:39 PM

I don't think it matters either way. These coaches like Leonard Johnson more than we think. Revis or no Revis Eric is gone. One surprise outcome to all this not many would see coming is Revis falls thru and we trade for someone else's corner that didn't even think was on market kinda like Indy did last year with Miami. Bring on Joe Haden!
This is what I'm beginning to think swamp.  I think we have cut ties with Jets/Revis talk and have started to negotiate a trade with another team. Sam Shields maybe?

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#4327 : March 23, 2013, 03:50:21 PM

Wright has everything to do with it Biggs.  Jets see a team already paper thin at CB attempting to trade a CB which would leave them even more needy at CB gives the Jets even more leverage now.

How does that give the Jets more leverage? They risk getting nothing for Revis....NOTHING! He is not the only CB option available for the Bucs. Period. Shields would cost a 2nd rounder but would be a very nice addition. Grimes is still out there and there is still the draft to look at. If the Jets think they have a position of advantage here, then they're on crack. Both sides will continue to play the game but at the end of the day, the Jets will have to concede and accept picks next year. If not, they risk losing everything. It's the Jets that don't have options.

swamp_bats

Starter
#4328 : March 23, 2013, 03:50:33 PM

That really suggests that Jets are dumb enough to assume as long as we have Wright on Roster we may keep him so we only kind of need Revis. Jets aren;t that dumb. They know where we are with Wright. Him still being on roster means nothing in regard to Revis. Everyone involved with those talks knows that Eric Wright is just sitting there until we can maybe swing a 7th for him.

swamp_bats

Starter
#4329 : March 23, 2013, 03:54:28 PM

This is what I'm beginning to think swamp.  I think we have cut ties with Jets/Revis talk and have started to negotiate a trade with another team. Sam Shields maybe?
Yeah the Jets/Revis talk won't die until draft and maybe all the way to trade deadline since there is all the talk about next years picks being the focus. But would not be surprised at all if Dom has had talks and feeler deals with a few teams already worked out the whole time. It may seem like the FO has been clueless this whole time but there is probably a lot in the works we have no clue about.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4330 : March 23, 2013, 04:01:25 PM

lolz, Wright has nothing to do with the trade.

swamp_bats

Starter
#4331 : March 23, 2013, 04:09:44 PM

IF you really wanna have fun with the speculation look at every team that hired a new HC and or GM that aren't married to the current roster. Just like new coach Schiano booted Talib, Winslow, Price and Tanard all guys we drafted or traded for that didn't fit his team. And new coach in Miami shipped of a decent first round corner for a second round pick last year. SO look at those rosters and there may be our next CB sitting there. Dom hinted at trading for other players at owners meetings didn't he?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4332 : March 23, 2013, 04:15:28 PM

http://tinychat.com/beatles12345 Let's talk it out :D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#4333 : March 23, 2013, 04:33:06 PM

Biggs, you could "insert CB here" and that person has everything to do with the trade.  Not sure how some of you rather intelligent posters don't understand SUPPLY & DEMAND.  Jets have the supply and can demand a kings ransom.  Or, they can hold on to Revis and try to strike a new contract with him, which is what I believe their intentions are, all while listening to trade offers, just in case.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#4334 : March 23, 2013, 04:39:03 PM

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but what if Dom is just waiting til draft day to complete the trade. Maybe he is going to try and trade back a few spots and collect more for the pick and then call up the Jets and tell them they want to make the deal. Going from 13 to say 18-20 and collecting a 2nd or 3rd round pick which would then make things a little more workable this year.
Page: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools