Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 ... 612

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4470 : March 24, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »

Who saw Revis working out on NFLN? Looking for a report.

He just started running on a treadmill, at some rehab place in Arizona. Then for the last week or two he has been vacationing in Paris.   He tweets pics of the art museums and things of that nature.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4471 : March 24, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »

So in order to not be viewed as cheap, should spend to the cap with no regard for the future?

Its good to have some cap space in reserve.  We wouldn't be in on the Revis sweepstakes if we didn't have space.  There is nothing worse than having a really bad team [Jets]  and being over the cap.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #4472 : March 24, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »

Geez..... just can't please some people!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

« #4473 : March 24, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »

299 so close!!

Go Bucs

JRbuc55

Rookie
« #4474 : March 24, 2013, 10:57:13 PM »

Geez..... just can't please some people!!

Yup

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #4475 : March 24, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »

as I said ...30 million under the cap and sitting on our hands . You can tell us it's for Mike WIlliams , but then I don't see his new contract yet either ....

According to Stephen Holder of the Tampa Bay Times, Bucs general manager Mark Dominik held what was termed a “very productive meeting” at the NFL Scouting Combine with Williams’ agent, but they’ve agreed to table talks until later in the spring. Williams is under contract through 2013, and the Bucs apparently want to take care of other business first.

“I met with Mark and it was a very productive meeting,” agent Hadley Engelhard said. “We are progressing toward a new contract for Mike, but they’ve asked us to be patient to let them get through free agency and the draft. We’ve agreed to be a little less aggressive and give them some time. The target date right now would be some time in May.”

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JRbuc55

Rookie
« #4476 : March 24, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »

Starting to think this trade never happens. It shouldn't take this long to negotiate a deal. Hope I'm wrong tho

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4477 : March 24, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »

Starting to think this trade never happens. It shouldn't take this long to negotiate a deal. Hope I'm wrong tho

There are a lot of moving parts involved.  Mainly compensation, this years draft picks?  Or next years?  Or maybe a combo of both.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Buck N Up

Starter

« #4478 : March 24, 2013, 11:06:33 PM »

Can't really negotiate a deal with the player being in France.

JRbuc55

Rookie
« #4479 : March 24, 2013, 11:09:07 PM »

He's not in France any more.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4480 : March 24, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »

Cell phones?

..cause they certainly aren't gonna use FAX machines anymore.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4481 : March 24, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »

Think of the advantages to both teams vs. The rest of the league if they wait until draft day.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #4482 : March 24, 2013, 11:14:31 PM »

There are a lot of moving parts involved.  Mainly compensation, this years draft picks?  Or next years?  Or maybe a combo of both.

and a ridiculous contract!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #4483 : March 24, 2013, 11:20:30 PM »

There is so much going on in the background on this we'd never guess...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #4484 : March 24, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »

Hopefully Dom walked away.  Then on draft day, the Jets will call and Dom will say "Now the #1 picks are off the table, you can have this year's 2nd, 4th, and a conditional pick next year.  Next time don't f**k with the DOMinator."  Then the Jets take that offer, and apologize for wasting the Red Board posters time.  That's how I see it playing out in my head.
  Page: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools