Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 ... 612

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4515 : March 25, 2013, 10:55:24 AM

He's a damn good player. Maybe he will stfu once he gets that greedy, team crippling contract?

Doubt it. But he is a damn nice corner. Best in the game. QB nightmare. And with Goldson cleaning up any messes, the secondary looks incredibly improved. Top 15 IMO.

+1. If we had a top 15 defense last season, I'm sure we could've counted a couple more wins at least.

At this point though, it's trade for revis island, or be possibly worse that last season. And I'm deffinately not cool with that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4516 : March 25, 2013, 11:01:57 AM

Time will tell. Hopefully at that, we will not walk away feeling like our GM is Dunce Cap Dom.

But he really needs to pick up so e secondary help like...right now today ASAP. Secure some faith in the "plan". Can't run wild with rookies again. That means "rebuild". Again for Dominick, that is clearly unacceptable, and we will have to absorb the stupidity of our "rock star" GM.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#4517 : March 25, 2013, 11:05:49 AM

June 1st.

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Madman

Hall of Famer

#4518 : March 25, 2013, 11:53:52 AM

Who saw Revis working out on NFLN? Looking for a report.

Thank you sir!

Revis is looking good!! Did we get him yet?

smithcar

Starter

#4519 : March 25, 2013, 11:59:47 AM

Still don't want him, we have to give up  a min of two picks and 10% of our cap for a CB????  If we are a player away from a serious playoff run I would consider it but we aren't.  We are 4-5 players away minimum.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#4520 : March 25, 2013, 12:22:55 PM

Still don't want him, we have to give up  a min of two picks and 10% of our cap for a CB????  If we are a player away from a serious playoff run I would consider it but we aren't.  We are 4-5 players away minimum.

So we're 4-5 players away and you don't want to get one player closer with the game's top CB?

No one really knows the financial commitment. Just speculation at this point. Even so, cap space is not an issue right now.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#4521 : March 25, 2013, 12:35:44 PM

Time will tell. Hopefully at that, we will not walk away feeling like our GM is Dunce Cap Dom.

But he really needs to pick up so e secondary help like...right now today ASAP. Secure some faith in the "plan". Can't run wild with UNDRAFTED FAs/LOWER ROUND FODDER again. That means "rebuild". Again for Dominick, that is clearly unacceptable, and we will have to absorb the stupidity of our "rock star" GM.

Fixed it for you, Boid.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4522 : March 25, 2013, 01:54:23 PM

Anybody besides Peter King that think this is still going to happen?? I think Doms lack of moves is an indicator that were trying. I just hope they dont give up a first.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4523 : March 25, 2013, 02:17:34 PM

Anybody besides Peter King that think this is still going to happen?? I think Doms lack of moves is an indicator that were trying. I just hope they dont give up a first.
pretty sure most media members believe it will still happen

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#4524 : March 25, 2013, 02:18:00 PM

I just don't get the draft pick value argument. I keep hearing multiple pics and salary is too much. The arguably best CB is with the money, lets just clear that up. Even if he comes back as a top 10 CB instead of a top 2, being a little overpriced is par for the course. lets not act like CB isn't a valuable position  or that the salaries for a top CDB is that of an eric wright. is a bit of a risk coming off an injury? of course it is. MD has been know to negotiate contracts that cover the bucs in most cases. secondly, you take that risk anytime any player steps onto a field. every player is one hit or one bad step from blowing out a knee.

the draft pick argument is just silly to me. The draft is a crap shoot and any given round, you could have a probowl player or a bust. In fact, the hit rate in any round for a star player is below 15%. people aren't willing to to give up a 15% chance at best for a probowl guy that at worst case scenario isn't 100% until late in the year or next year? Im sorry, but the odds are way more in favor of Revis returning to form(or close to it) than they are of the Bucs nailing a couple draft picks.

consistently complaining about about pay, ill give anyone. not being worth the $$$ is arguable depending on when/if he returns to form. Not being worth a couple picks that have at best a 15% chance of amounting to anything(let alone best at their position injury or not...less than a 2% chance) just doesn't seem arguable with any sort of legitimacy.

IMO, if you took every possible negative conclusion and every possible positive conclusion the best you could come up with is a 50/50 split. being completely on one side of the fence or the other is just completely irrational and illogical IMO.

Best post in this thread

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#4525 : March 25, 2013, 02:18:37 PM

pretty sure most media members believe it will still happen

So where's Mark Cook? He was so sure if would happen at the meetings.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#4526 : March 25, 2013, 02:23:54 PM

Giving up the farm? Would it really be that bad?

Mar 24 2013, 5:41p

I have used this example quite a few times but I wanted to go more in depth on how a trade that happened in 2011 could be similar to the trade we could pull off for Revis. People say that we shouldn't jeopardize our future and we shouldn't sell the farm for Revis.

So in the 2011 draft the Falcons coming off a 13-3 season trade their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012 to Cleveland for their 1st round pick (6th overall). Now lets review overall the players that were eventually drafted in result of this trade.

●Falcons get Julio Jones. 2011 950 yards receiving and 1150 yards in 2012 and voted to the pro bowl. Falcons also go 10-6 in 2011 and 13-3 in 2012 and make the playoffs each year.

●Browns get Phil Taylor 2011 1st round pick, 2011 2nd round pick, Greg Little; and 4th round pick, Owen Marecic. 2012 Browns select Brandon Weeden 1st round, and use their 4th round pick to include in their trade to move up to get Trent Richardson. Browns go 4-12 in 2011 and 5-11 in 2012.
 Now you can review this trade and say hey the Browns got a lot of picks back and the Falcons GAVE UP THE FARM TO GET JULIO JONES!! There is no way that the Browns don't improve with all of those picks they got if not immediately but long term at least the Falcons would at least struggle because they gave away their "future for 1 player right? Well that remains to be seen so far as the Browns still are drafting early and the Falcons haven't had time to have regret on trading up for Julio Jones yet. Now it is too early to see how the Browns picks will pan out. I think Phil Taylor is solid and can be somebody in the future. Of course its great to have that extra pick to help trade up for Richardson as well. Greg Little showed flashes in his rookie season. Maybe he can develop into something. The FB Marecic maybe something but for a 4th round pick that was used on him? I dont think so. Oh and Brandon Weeden? LMFAO. So in hindsight who actually made out in this trade? I say the Falcons. And I think the Browns would have been much better with Julio Jones and the falcons may have not been as good sticking with the draft picks they originally had.

Now how does this compare to the potential Revis trade? Well one thing for sure is that we would be giving up about the same amount of first round picks right? Whether its this years or next years and a 2nd round for next year as well we still dont know at this time. The Falcons also gave up a 2nd and a fourth that year, and their fourth in 2012. At the end of the day they gave up a whole lot more than we would give up for Revis. Both Revis and Jones are elite players right? There was some uncertainty of how good Jones would actually be before the trade right? Just like there is an uncertainty of how well Revis would be coming back from his ACL injury right?
 Now the Julio Jones trade was a rare time where a blockbuster trade worked. And im sure there are others. Just like there are plenty of ones that didnt work. All I'm saying is just because we trade our 1st round pick for a player doesnt mean we are "selling the farm" nor does it mean that the trade we make wont be for the good short and long term for us.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/3/24/4142608/giving-up-the-farm-would-it-really-be-that-bad

That trade will come back to haunt the falcons, any one of those picks could have been used to draft some depth for their roster. IMO the falcons do not have a really deep team.

Falcons won that trade. Julio is elite and was worth all those picks

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4527 : March 25, 2013, 02:26:35 PM

So where's Mark Cook? He was so sure if would happen at the meetings.

are you 12?  MC is here writing.  so what if he thought it would happen.  jeez.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4528 : March 25, 2013, 02:36:28 PM

I wonder how long it is before the next bit of important Revis news comes out.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4529 : March 25, 2013, 02:45:29 PM

I think it will happen at the draft.
Page: 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools