Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 612

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#525 : March 07, 2013, 07:20:19 AM

Watch the Redskins swoop in and nab him...smh.

Possibly the worst pass defense ever in NFL history.

Dom better be on the phone making some serious offers.

Besides, aren't fans tired of being cheap, or did the glazers just snowball them into thinking cheap is better? Subpar players bring in subpar results in most cases, and all I see are people running around worried he costs "x" amount. Live in cheap-land, and see how well we do next season (again). But that won't bother them...they saved money.   ::)

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#526 : March 07, 2013, 07:31:15 AM

Besides, aren't fans tired of being cheap, or did the glazers just snowball them into thinking cheap is better?

From the sound of a lot of people on this board ....yes.

You'd think these signing bonus's come directly out of thier paycheck the way they talk...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#527 : March 07, 2013, 07:31:28 AM

There are way too many Madden players here.  Any talk of Revis coming to TB is garbage.  This is the real world with real dollars, with real business minds, with really broken up bodies (like Revis').

Go look up, "ACL sports injuries." Please. You can use Google to find it.

Revis was never "broken," he had a fairly simple procedure where they attached a piece of bone to connect it all (from cadaver or himself). They have gotten much better at this routine and up to 85% come back at full health within eight months, tops. Revis will have over ten months to recover.

Ultimately, IMO, he will be back to form, no problem, ...unless he got the munchies really bad and pulled a Donald Penn at the buffet.

Seriously though, a good thing about this is that he will be stronger now within the injured area (same with McCoy's arms). Not to mention, it's not a lingering pain after the recoup stage. People just want to have a reason it seems.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#528 : March 07, 2013, 07:37:20 AM

Besides, aren't fans tired of being cheap, or did the glazers just snowball them into thinking cheap is better?

From the sound of a lot of people on this board ....yes.

You'd think these signing bonus's come directly out of thier paycheck the way they talk...

Seriously, you have the falcons, broncos, and skins talking about getting him...

One Just bought up probably the best QB ever, another a talented 1st round pick, and another that completely cash-strpped, but their fans still expect to reach out for him while expelling some of their players....

I mean, what are we supposed to do to bring the guy in? Be the worst defensive team in football today? Hardly spend in recent years? Have trouble filling up the stadium?

Christ...when will the cheap crap end!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#529 : March 07, 2013, 07:38:05 AM

There are way too many Madden players here.  Any talk of Revis coming to TB is garbage.  This is the real world with real dollars, with real business minds, with really broken up bodies (like Revis').

Go look up, "ACL sports injuries." Please. You can use Google to find it.

Revis was never "broken," he had a fairly simple procedure where they attached a piece of bone to connect it all (from cadaver or himself). They have gotten much better at this routine and up to 85% come back at full health within eight months, tops. Revis will have over ten months to recover.

Ultimately, IMO, he will be back to form, no problem, ...unless he got the munchies really bad and pulled a Donald Penn at the buffet.

Seriously though, a good thing about this is that he will be stronger now within the injured area (same with McCoy's arms). Not to mention, it's not a lingering pain after the recoup stage. People just want to have a reason it seems.

Yet they will list Grimes as a guy we should sign.....older  , not as good , and is coming off of a torn Achilles - which is even harder to recover from being that it's the largest Tendon in the human body.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#530 : March 07, 2013, 07:45:04 AM

Grimes was never half the corner revis ever was. Minus the injury.However, I would take him away from FA immediately after revis.. as a #2.

But the idea that the investment wouldn't be problematic on grimes end is stupid. Even IF he's asking less, he can still be a injury prone bust, and that still wastes money.

If we're taking a chance at wasting money (since it's OUR money? lol) then I would much rather invest it into someone would has at least the potential to be elite. Grimes will never be that elite player, he might be good, maybe great at times, but never elite like revis.

Oracle

Starter

#531 : March 07, 2013, 08:44:55 AM

The Jets may want to trade Revis, but it seems they want to keep Tebow.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#532 : March 07, 2013, 08:51:46 AM

Gonzo is literally their third down guy. It is remarkable that other teams didn't stick their no1 on him on third and seven...

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#533 : March 07, 2013, 08:53:15 AM

Teams with first rounders too high and already have a Number 1:
CLE (LEAVING CAR, SD, TPA)

Leaving Tampa.... who can get the deal done with #45 this year and a later 2nd rounder next year (51 to 64)  (Start negotiation with this years 2 and 4.)
I'm reading that and have to ask how/why does having a high 1st rounder matter if the deal gets done for a mid 2nd?
Now I agree that the Browns most likely won't be in the hunt but I can't see the logic in how they were ruled out.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#534 : March 07, 2013, 09:05:29 AM

Doesn't matter.  The Falcons are a 9-7 (at best) if Gonzalez doesn't return. He keeps their offense moving. And if you think he doesn't improve that offense by 4 at least 4 wins, you're delusional. That's why they want him back so bad.
They won 11 games without him in 2008. He's not the player he used to be. He can barely get open anymore; he just has really good hands and can shield defenders away from his catching zone.

Michael Turner also ran for 1700 yards that season.

TG led the Falcons in receptions last season.  He's Ryan's GO TO GUY on 3rd down. 

Not the player he used to be?  93 catches in 2012. He's only had 3 other seasons with more receptions.   And his 8 TDs was the fourth best season of his career. 

He moves the Falcons offense.  I'm stuck living in Atlanta.  I've seen enough of their games and their offense.  Throwing to TG on 3rd down is about as predictable as it gets.  And NO ONE can stop it.

Their offense drops off big time if he retires.
That may all be true, but if you watch him, and I live in Atlanta, too, he gets zero separation. He's good enough to beat bad teams like the Bucs, but if you watched their two playoff games, he got circles run around him by the other teams' tight ends (Zach Miller and Vernon Davis).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#535 : March 07, 2013, 09:10:02 AM

Pick number six and they already have a number 1 corner.

I cant imagine anyone giving up the sixth pick for revis.

Also put that comment in when the price being discussed was a 1st rounder.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

#536 : March 07, 2013, 09:41:18 AM

Update..... @Revis24 finally! Thank you New York, Im out of here! On my way to Tampa. Its nice and warm down there. #CaptionThis"
Hmmm have we pulled the trigger and agreed in principal, details remain cloudy stay tuned!!!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#537 : March 07, 2013, 09:48:58 AM

Mah sources. Stop playing with my emotions.. I'm at work!

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#538 : March 07, 2013, 09:49:42 AM

lol no way really?

Go Bucs

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#539 : March 07, 2013, 09:50:40 AM

Update..... @Revis24 finally! Thank you New York, Im out of here! On my way to Tampa. Its nice and warm down there. #CaptionThis"
Hmmm have we pulled the trigger and agreed in principal, details remain cloudy stay tuned!!!

Too bad revis did not tweet that. Come on man you look really bad when you flat out make up stuff.
Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools