Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 ... 612

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#5490 : April 05, 2013, 02:04:37 PM

except that it does.

LOL, no it doesn't. If the Bucs had zero injuries last year, it would have no impact on the probability of them suffering injuries this year.
except that it does. Its a mathematical fact

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5491 : April 05, 2013, 02:13:25 PM

I feel like I must be misunderstanding your point, because I'm 100% positive that you're wrong based on what I think you're saying. Can you explain how you think last year impacts this year in terms of probability?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5492 : April 05, 2013, 02:46:11 PM

So what if we did this? Jets want 13 so bad right? Well what if Milliner was there, we trade Blount this years 1st, 2nd and 3rd, conditional 2nd(can turn into first) and get Milliner and Revis....dreaming I know...But a nice what if right?

Classic example of why you don't let fans become GM's. Your basically throwing away 2 drafts for 1 players and a prospect.

Last I checked Mark Dominik looks nothing like Mike Ditka.

Yeah, pretty much. I was thinking that us going after Revis so hard, apparently, may tell us what Dom and Schiano think of this CB draft class. Is it possible they don't like anyone after Milliner?

Milliner looks like a projected starter at CB from day one. It could be possible that they don't think any other CB is worth of the 13th pick, which about a month or two ago wouldn't have seemed that crazy.

That's a very good point. The Bucs have made it a point of targeting impact players. If the Bucs can't get Milliner then why settle for second best at the position in Rhodes or Trufant. Under this thinking the the impact positions for the Bucs @ 13 will be TE, OLB and WR.

Which leads us to Eifert or to Austin which would be difficult to be upset about. Both fill areas of big need. One could argue if we have Revis that TE or slot WR now is the biggest area of need, not CB.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#5493 : April 05, 2013, 02:50:35 PM

While Tebow is a Buccaneer man, he is missing a big ingredient to being on this team, talent.

How can people continuously say a guy who is 6'3 240 pounds , and runs like a gazelle , has no talent ??
Yes , he has poor throwing mechanics that hamper his game , but to say he has no talent is ridiculous. "Talent" in my mind equates to athletic ability , and he has no shortage of that.

We are talking about a backup QB here . What's the big deal ?? He wouldn't cost much , and we wouldn't be asking him to carry the franchise and be the savior.  I think it would be good to have a guy on the bench who could come in and run a wildcat gimmick from time to time , or even come in on short yardage situations and pick up the tough yardage.

The people saying they would stop being Bucs fans if we brought him in are being ridiculous , and are probably FSU fans still butthurt that he blew them out 4 years in a row...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#5494 : April 05, 2013, 02:54:37 PM

FSU fan here.

Not too many Nole fans hate him as we were friggin miserable through his time at UF. Us beating them then was literally impossible.

Regardless, I wouldn't be pissed if we brought him on.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5495 : April 05, 2013, 02:54:59 PM

I think most people would prefer that the backup QB had any ability to play QB.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#5496 : April 05, 2013, 02:56:36 PM

I feel like I must be misunderstanding your point, because I'm 100% positive that you're wrong based on what I think you're saying. Can you explain how you think last year impacts this year in terms of probability?
its just the law of averages. As someone said earlier, regression towards the mean.

Sure, it's possible we'll be as injured or more injured then last year. And, standing alone as 1 season the results of anything else wouldn't matter

But we're looking at multiple years of data and following a season with fairly high amounts of injuries at key positions, law of averages and probability dictate that it's more likely we'd be generally healthier this year.

Someone who shoots 35% from 3 point range over a 5 year period could shoot 40% in year 6. He could do it again in year 7, but it's more likely he'll return to his average.
Also, as caradoc said earlier: flipping a coin is 50-50, but having consecutive results of heads is less 50%

Madman

Hall of Famer
#5497 : April 05, 2013, 02:57:06 PM

Hmmmm. Second rated CB in the draft at 13 or Darelle Revis?

I'll take Revis for 13MM thank you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#5498 : April 05, 2013, 02:57:43 PM

I'm in that group! I'm most people!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#5499 : April 05, 2013, 02:58:02 PM

Hmmmm. Second rated CB in the draft at 13 or Darelle Revis?

I'll take Revis for 13MM thank you.

So would I

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5500 : April 05, 2013, 03:00:47 PM

I dont think Tebow will be included in the deal. Too much of a circus.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#5501 : April 05, 2013, 03:01:39 PM

So... you all basing this Tebow hatred off of the intelligent coaching of John Fox and Rex Ryan?

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#5502 : April 05, 2013, 03:01:53 PM

I'm in that group! I'm most people!

Not me. I think backup QBs should have the ability to proselytize, pray and be a complete attention whore. If the starting QB goes down, nothing screams championship like a guy who can go 6-22 for 60 yards and thank Jesus on national TV.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5503 : April 05, 2013, 03:02:01 PM

While Tebow is a Buccaneer man, he is missing a big ingredient to being on this team, talent.

How can people continuously say a guy who is 6'3 240 pounds , and runs like a gazelle , has no talent ??
Yes , he has poor throwing mechanics that hamper his game , but to say he has no talent is ridiculous. "Talent" in my mind equates to athletic ability , and he has no shortage of that.

He doesn't run like a Gazelle for starters and when I said "talent" I meant in regards to the position he plays, QB. He and every other player in the league has athletic ability.

Tebow cannot be a back up any team. The Teblowers will be screaming for him to start with the first 3 and out then **CENSORED** goes to hell just like in NY.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5504 : April 05, 2013, 03:07:56 PM

Tebow cannot be a back up any team. The Teblowers will be screaming for him to start with the first 3 and out then **CENSORED** goes to hell just like in NY.

they'd have to buy tickets first.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools