Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 ... 612

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7020 : April 19, 2013, 03:53:12 AM

If people think revis is expensive now, I wonder what they would think next year when teams are actually able to bid on him?

The only way his price drops is injury or he plays badly, in which case, we wouldn't want him anymore.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#7021 : April 19, 2013, 08:21:40 AM

If people think revis is expensive now, I wonder what they would think next year when teams are actually able to bid on him?

The only way his price drops is injury or he plays badly, in which case, we wouldn't want him anymore.

people also seem to be under the impression that Revis will sign with the Bucs just because they'll have the money next year. hed be able to choose where he goes and what hed be willing to accept as far as pay. He could easily choose a SB contender @ $10mil as he could be signed to playoff hunting team like the Bucs @ 15mil a year.

people say sign him next year, but that most likely wont even be an option next year. Best chance to get him is in a trade and lock him up for a few years. Otherwise they may never see a chance to go after him again.

One FS isn't going to solve this teams pass d and neither is a returning Clayborn. They certainly help, but the secondary was terrible....as in none of them would sniff starting on any other NFL team except Barron and maybe Wright if their secondary was extremely terrible like the Bucs. Revis might not be some peoples first choice, but some major talent needs infused. One draft isn't going to solve much either as rookie CBs often struggle their first year or two.

Bucs might not be one player away, but Revis makes them a lot closer than any other options available and practically puts them just a few guys away on paper. That's as close as any team gets though. No team ever fills all of its holes and barring an elite QB switching teams, teams are always multiple players away from having that SB roster in the preseason. Last I checked, every SB winner in the history of the NFL had a few holes on its roster.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#7022 : April 19, 2013, 08:23:22 AM

What is the drop dead date for the trade? Obviously we would need time to negotiate a contract prior to finalizing the deal. My gut says Tuesday is drop dead date

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#7023 : April 19, 2013, 10:04:10 AM

Revis is definitely less expensive next season for a variety of reasons, the main two being a reported 15 million asking price right now and costing no draft picks. I don't think he's worth that much money now or next year, but the cost next season is much smaller.

people also seem to be under the impression that Revis will sign with the Bucs just because they'll have the money next year. hed be able to choose where he goes and what hed be willing to accept as far as pay. He could easily choose a SB contender @ $10mil as he could be signed to playoff hunting team like the Bucs @ 15mil a year.

That's certainly a possibility, but what in Revis' history suggests that he values anything over money?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7024 : April 19, 2013, 10:14:18 AM

Why do I feel like this deal is dead since were playing them week one?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7025 : April 19, 2013, 10:17:07 AM

The credibility of a lot of writers is gonna go down the drain if this trade doesn't happen.

In Verner We Trust

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#7026 : April 19, 2013, 10:24:26 AM

Well... there's reason enough to walk away.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7027 : April 19, 2013, 10:32:59 AM

Revis is a whore. I mean that in the best way. Dude has one living motivation - $$$$$$. Plus, not to be blunt but if we aren't a contender class team next year then evis won't help much anyways because it means we're short a QB and you don't win without one.

There's also no shot he costs more next year. The $11m he makes this year is too much let alone the $15-$16m we've allegedly agreed to. There is no way next year - a year older - he costs more than that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#7028 : April 19, 2013, 10:40:37 AM

Communist! I never blame someone for wanting to be paid what they're worth.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#7029 : April 19, 2013, 10:52:11 AM

By this thursday a revis trade must be completed but the most likely dates are from today to tuesday

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#7030 : April 19, 2013, 11:05:33 AM

I don't get why we havent done this already.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7031 : April 19, 2013, 11:10:09 AM

Wednesday/Thursday AM is my guess.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7032 : April 19, 2013, 11:13:28 AM

If we don't get a deal done for revis, our secondary wont improve from what It was last year. I'm hoping for a deal in the next few days
Even without Revis I think our pass defense will be decently better than last year. We now have a top 2 free safety to go with a very young and very talented SS that is one year better in this system. Add that to Eric Wright how was brought here because coach likes his skill set in his system and he will be injury free and playing for his career. Our 2 youngest and most promising corners Johnson and Gaitor are also one year better in this system and Gaitor played pretty good at end of year after coming back from his injury. I'm sure we will add at least one corner between rounds 1 and 3 so add him to the mix as well. Nothing helps a secondary more than a good pass rush and a healthy Clayborn and Bowers will be worth more than what Bennett gave us last year so factor that in as well. I see our pass D being good enough to hit into the 20-24 range up from 32 all without Revis and that with a top 5 rush defense could get this team into playoffs for sure. No need to trade our future for one guy, just steal him in FA next year.

+1 swamp. Good post.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#7033 : April 19, 2013, 11:20:56 AM

I don't know if you guys realize it but this move (trade or no trade) is HUGE in terms of the direction this team takes in the foreseeable future.......

It's getting close to crunch time so in the words of Terrell Owens, get your popcorn!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#7034 : April 19, 2013, 11:52:17 AM

Wednesday/Thursday AM is my guess.
I'm right there with you Melon.

Page: 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools