Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 ... 612

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8340 : May 06, 2013, 04:36:26 PM

I think he's in pretty good shape, otherwise Dom and Schiano would've never signed him.

Exactly, we speculate all we want but these guys have seen the MRI, gotten reports from Buc and Jet doctors. If there was anything that was concerning he wouldn't be a buc at 16 million a year.

You'd have to show me some serious ability to run and turn, for me to sign someone up for that kind of dough.

However, the worry is that it is out of desparation, and some things are being guessed upon. Which is natural, given the circumstances.

He's not there yet, what I think they determined his health on is that the surgery was confirmed to be successful without complication and he was on or above pace to make his return.

Yup, at some point they're riding on faith alone.

Not saying I dislike revis, or the trade, but if I'm dom, idk if we bring in revis. Like I said, gotta show me something to live with.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8341 : May 06, 2013, 10:18:56 PM

If you were Dom, you'd be way more confident than you are now because Dom has more info than you do. :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8342 : May 06, 2013, 10:48:21 PM

If you were Dom, you'd be way more confident than you are now because Dom has more info than you do. :)

You're probably right about that. At least, I hope you're right about it.

Dom is still trying to save his job, so I suppose he's willing to take the risk anyway.
: May 06, 2013, 10:50:28 PM Benchwarmer#1

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8343 : May 06, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

Dom is still trying to save his job, so I suppose he's willing to take the risk anyway.

Do you think he did that without the Glazers' blessing?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8344 : May 06, 2013, 11:09:00 PM

Way more confident, Beatles? Uh no. Dom's job is on the line, not ours.

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8345 : May 06, 2013, 11:16:55 PM

Yes, way more. He has the inside info. We do not.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8346 : May 07, 2013, 01:44:21 PM

Plus Dom is the best dressed GM in football, and it's not even close. Guy is sharp looking as a tack!! Did you see that sweet Bucs polo he had on the other day? Damn, I gotta get me one of those.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8347 : May 07, 2013, 09:29:06 PM

Do you think he did that without the Glazers' blessing?

Retorical question.

Dom slips rooffies to the Glazers and takes advantage of them. Duh.

Geez, hate. I thought everyone knew that? Get with the program, man.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8348 : May 07, 2013, 10:59:01 PM

So, let me get this straight:

They trade Revis for our 13th pick...

They now have two first round picks...

They then use the freedom gained by that extra pick, to draft Dee Milliner, essentially to make up for the fact that they traded for the extra pick, which means they drafted Revis' replacement--but the only reason they needed a replacement is because they traded Revis in the first place for an extra pick! So they use the extra pick, but can't really do anything with it because they first have to fill the hole left by obtaining the extra pick to begin with! Which means they in fact had no extra pick at all because all they really drafted was a Defensive lineman which is what they were gonna do anyway! So by GAINING the extra pick, they are now worse than they were before!

"Good job, Jets!"
: May 07, 2013, 11:00:37 PM Beatles123

RaHonde Barber

Rookie

#8349 : May 07, 2013, 11:08:23 PM

They then use the freedom gained by that extra pick, to draft Dee Milliner, essentially to make up for the fact that they traded for the extra pick, which means they drafted Revis' replacement--but the only reason they needed a replacement is because they traded Revis in the first place for an extra pick! So they use the extra pick, but can't really do anything with it because they first have to fill the hole left by obtaining the extra pick to begin with! Which means they in fact had no extra pick at all because all they really drafted was a Defensive lineman which is what they were gonna do anyway! So by GAINING the extra pick, they are now worse than they were before!

"Good job, Jets!"

Well, in fairness the Jets, they'll likely wind up paying Milliner the same amount of money over the course of his entire rookie contract as we'll pay Revis to play one year... I think it was an awesome trade for us, but I think the Jets got what they wanted too.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8350 : May 07, 2013, 11:10:27 PM

"Good job, Jets!"

Yup. Only the jets.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#8351 : May 07, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

"Good job, Jets!"

Well, in fairness the Jets, they'll likely wind up paying Milliner the same amount of money over the course of his entire rookie contract as we'll pay Revis to play one year... I think it was an awesome trade for us, but I think the Jets got what they wanted too.

"In fairness" is putting it mildly. They received a first this year, a third next year and freed up 14 million or so in cap space to bring in any number of players going forward.

They did very well for themselves considering the position they were in.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

RaHonde Barber

Rookie

#8352 : May 07, 2013, 11:21:02 PM

"Good job, Jets!"

"In fairness" is putting it mildly. They received a first this year, a third next year and freed up 14 million or so in cap space to bring in any number of players going forward.

They did very well for themselves considering the position they were in.

Well, they "freed up" all that money at the expense of a top five NFL player. It's not like he was dead wood. We could free up a boatload of money by trading Vincent Jackson, that doesn't make it a great idea.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8353 : May 07, 2013, 11:24:24 PM

This is even assuming Dee is half the replacement he needs to be, which isn't likely. So my post till stands.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#8354 : May 07, 2013, 11:27:21 PM

We'll see. The Jets will have Richardson, a late third next season and roughly 13 million in free agent players to compare to Revis. It will be a little results-oriented thinking, but we'll get an idea of what they really received in exchange for him. And you are simplifying the situation a bit, leaving out the injury, the one year left on the contract, the rebuilding, etc.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools