Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 ... 612

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9045 : September 08, 2013, 03:33:14 PM

"I felt dirty, but I watched the whole thing anyway."

I'll bet you did...
And I bet it opened his eyes to the everyday use of the foam finger.

Yeah, Von's mom knows.  ;)

But seriously, it was like watching a plane crash. You know it's not going to be pretty (for God's sake the girl looks like a boy), but you just have to know what retardedness is next. I'm glad she did that though, because my daughter learned was "class" value is.

Miley single handedly ruined future whoredom for a lot of young girls, maybe she should be commended? (Not really)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9046 : September 08, 2013, 06:09:58 PM

I flipped back and forth from NFL Redzone and the Bucs game. I'd say we tied the Steelers/Titans as the most pitiful game of the day. Hard to watch and not at all entertaining.

Bengals/Bears was great and Falcons/Saints was great. Panthers/Seahawks was all defense, but it was a good game to watch.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9047 : September 08, 2013, 09:26:56 PM

That Pit-Ten game was completely awful.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9048 : September 29, 2013, 10:47:53 PM

God, I hated the idea of this trade and then hated that the Bucs did the trade, but it looks so much worse now. As great as Revis is, as well as he has played, CB just isn't an impactful position to win or lose games. I thought it was a bad trade at the time, but now, it's so much worse paying such a huge price to get a guy when you're not nearly sold on your QB. That was a "one piece away" move and if they thought they were that close, fine, I still think it's a terrible move, but at least they were going for it.

Of all the moves Dominik has made that has been questioned, this is the one that makes me shake my head the most because it shows such a lack of understanding of where the team is.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#9049 : September 29, 2013, 10:50:20 PM

Ironic that you quote him in your sig. But I think it is a little bit too early to tell if the trade was good or bad.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#9050 : September 29, 2013, 10:51:14 PM

God, I hated the idea of this trade and then hated that the Bucs did the trade, but it looks so much worse now. As great as Revis is, as well as he has played, CB just isn't an impactful position to win or lose games. I thought it was a bad trade at the time, but now, it's so much worse paying such a huge price to get a guy when you're not nearly sold on your QB. That was a "one piece away" move and if they thought they were that close, fine, I still think it's a terrible move, but at least they were going for it.

Of all the moves Dominik has made that has been questioned, this is the one that makes me shake my head the most because it shows such a lack of understanding of where the team is.

We were 7-9 with one of the worst secondaries of all-time. Perhaps infusing two elite defensive backs into our defense would make us a playoff team? That's what most people thought. The plan went to sh!t when Freeman tanked, and Glennon starts week 4.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9051 : September 29, 2013, 10:57:13 PM

Ironic that you quote him in your sig. But I think it is a little bit too early to tell if the trade was good or bad.

I'm a fan of the team and a fan of the players on the team and he's a great player with a great demeanor.

We were 7-9 with one of the worst secondaries of all-time. Perhaps infusing two elite defensive backs into our defense would make us a playoff team? That's what most people thought. The plan went to sh!t when Freeman tanked, and Glennon starts week 4.

I agree that the trade was made as if though the team was making a playoff push. I don't think it's the right move, but I can understand that. But this was a team that pursued Carson Palmer and drafted Mike Glennon to take over if Freeman faltered. They clearly didn't have the kind of faith you would need in the QB to pay such a huge price for a luxury position.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9052 : September 29, 2013, 11:00:36 PM

revis himself has been who we needed him to be. that makes him worth it. He's made our D actually look good.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

swamp_bats

Starter
#9053 : September 29, 2013, 11:04:34 PM

I was in the camp that only wanted to do the trade if we gave next years first round pick. DEAR GOD THANK YOU that we didn't do that. COuld you imagine if we end up with a top 3 pick and the Jets had it?!?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9054 : September 29, 2013, 11:06:26 PM

revis himself has been who we needed him to be. that makes him worth it. He's made our D actually look good.

It doesn't make him worth it. The team is 0-4. He's a very, very good player and very hard to complete passes against...so teams don't throw on him much. That, by itself, makes the price to acquire him too high, but doing it without being confident in the most important position on the field is just really bad.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9055 : September 29, 2013, 11:09:36 PM

Revis is worth the trade if the play more m2m from this point forward.  But if they insist on the zone that was most of the 2nd half or most of the year really...you don't need Revis to play zone....SMH

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9056 : September 29, 2013, 11:09:39 PM

Better QB play and he becomes a closer after his INT today. he's vital to our D going forward.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#9057 : September 29, 2013, 11:14:32 PM

This is around the 500th questionable decision by this regime. As you stated, it was a luxury acquisition that only some would have made, but really poorly timed when you aren't secure (saying it nicely) with your quarterback position.

To roughly quote Chris Landry: "This organization does cosmetic fixes rather than actually addressing the issues... Not sure they know how to actually address the issues" 
".....appear very disorganized with fundamental mistakes that support the notion that they don't necessarily know how to go about building a team"

Sounds about right.

There is no order!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9058 : September 29, 2013, 11:15:02 PM

But there isn't better QB play. Glennon looked competent and he certainly can improve, but that isn't relevant. They traded a first round pick and a third round pick and paid 16m per year for a luxury position coming off a bad injury when there was a good chance the team would be going with a rookie QB. In my opinion, it's a bad trade if they were confident in Freeman, but knowing that they weren't and that they didn't do anything to address the position, it's so terrible. It's terrible value and shows a complete lack of understanding of the makeup of the team.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#9059 : September 29, 2013, 11:18:21 PM

I'm a fan of the team and a fan of the players on the team and he's a great player with a great demeanor.

I agree that the trade was made as if though the team was making a playoff push. I don't think it's the right move, but I can understand that. But this was a team that pursued Carson Palmer and drafted Mike Glennon to take over if Freeman faltered. They clearly didn't have the kind of faith you would need in the QB to pay such a huge price for a luxury position.

Highlighting your original concern, it;s a reasonable point. Just as most of the replies are off the mark, I don't think the organization can really provide an honest and reasonable answer.

Things are so dumb around here.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
Page: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools