Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 612

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #915 : March 11, 2013, 11:26:55 PM »

I can't see a team willing to wait for an owners meeting to make a deal.

The Jets are not allowing anyone to talk to Revis and his agent.  So if the Jets are happy with the draft picks they will get, thats great.  But the other team needs to hammer out a contract with Revis.  So that will take time.

From PFT

On Monday, owner Woody Johnson declined to discuss the situation during a press conference regarding the joint NFL-GE concussion initiative that he would answer questions about Revis “next week,” presumably at the league meetings in Arizona.

It’s believed that, during the annual March get-together, the Jets will make a strong push to work out a deal, possibly with Johnson directly negotiating terms with other owners.

Still, someone eventually needs to negotiate terms of future compensation with Revis, or whoever acquires the player will have a one-season situation.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #916 : March 11, 2013, 11:28:14 PM »

Mah sources blew it. Now would be the perfect time for that fake Revis tweet.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #917 : March 11, 2013, 11:29:22 PM »

@JasonLaCanfora
Wrote a while back about Revis to the Bucs making a lot of sense. Still believe that's a very strong potential landing spot for him
Got to love the day night before free agency.

PFT is sayin the deal won't go down until next week at the owners meetings.

That could be the case but the Jets have to pay Revis a $1 million bonus on Saturday if he is still on the team.  If they have a good offer this week then they may jump on it

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #918 : March 11, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »

Goldson/Revis/Toler would be incredible, no?

Toler got re-signed in Arizona.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #919 : March 11, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »

I can't see a team willing to wait for an owners meeting to make a deal.

The Jets are not allowing anyone to talk to Revis and his agent.  So if the Jets are happy with the draft picks they will get, thats great.  But the other team needs to hammer out a contract with Revis.  So that will take time.

From PFT

On Monday, owner Woody Johnson declined to discuss the situation during a press conference regarding the joint NFL-GE concussion initiative that he would answer questions about Revis “next week,” presumably at the league meetings in Arizona.

It’s believed that, during the annual March get-together, the Jets will make a strong push to work out a deal, possibly with Johnson directly negotiating terms with other owners.

Still, someone eventually needs to negotiate terms of future compensation with Revis, or whoever acquires the player will have a one-season situation.

Well we certainly can't afford to wait around. I can't see the Jets keeping the stance on that if they do find a team with the right deal for them. They could lose everything and be stuck with Revis and not get anything for him.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #920 : March 11, 2013, 11:34:43 PM »

Nobody can afford to wait around in hopes of landing Revis. The Jets will have to trade him within the next 24-30 hours in order to get any worth from him. All the top free agents will be off the market by then.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #921 : March 11, 2013, 11:38:39 PM »

Ya I was thinking about that the other day.  Dom gets stuck in the Revis web.   And in the meantime, Smith, Cox, and Toler are signed somewhere else.  And then the Revis deal falls through.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #922 : March 11, 2013, 11:40:01 PM »

No way we got with just picking up Revis this offseason at DB. Hopefully we can get Goldson for FS and sign a low tier CB if we land Revis. Chris Houston maybe?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #923 : March 11, 2013, 11:42:09 PM »

Nobody can afford to wait around in hopes of landing Revis. The Jets will have to trade him within the next 24-30 hours in order to get any worth from him. All the top free agents will be off the market by then.

Two ways of looking at that. By waiting, the market for prospective trade partners will thin. However a desperate few will remain. I hope were not one of the few. Jets are rolling the dice but it could pay off.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #924 : March 11, 2013, 11:45:51 PM »

I'm not exactly sure why Greg Toler's name keeps on being brought up like he's any good. If our secondary wasn't complete and utter crap we wouldn't touch Toler, Cox, Chris Houston or Sean Smith. All of those dudes would be our new Eric Wright. Grimes and Revis are the only two that I want, then draft another corner like Poyer in the third.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #925 : March 11, 2013, 11:50:36 PM »

You've never watched Toler play. He's good, very underrated, and would be a great value-get.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #926 : March 11, 2013, 11:53:43 PM »

I'm not exactly sure why Greg Toler's name keeps on being brought up like he's any good. If our secondary wasn't complete and utter crap we wouldn't touch Toler, Cox, Chris Houston or Sean Smith. All of those dudes would be our new Eric Wright. Grimes and Revis are the only two that I want, then draft another corner like Poyer in the third.

Toler and Sean Smith are good CBs....comparing them to Wright is inaccurate.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #927 : March 11, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »

You've never watched Toler play. He's good, very underrated, and would be a great value-get.

Agree.  And that is exactly why the Cards resigned him before he hit the market.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #928 : March 11, 2013, 11:57:34 PM »

Agree.  And that is exactly why the Cards resigned him before he hit the market.

I just saw on twitter that apparently his contract with the Cards has NOT been agreed to and he will hit the market tomorrow.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #929 : March 11, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »

I just saw on twitter that apparently his contract with the Cards has NOT been agreed to and he will hit the market tomorrow.

Hope that is true.  A good plan B, if the Revis thing doesn't pan out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
  Page: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools