Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 612

Hate

Hall of Famer
#45 : February 19, 2013, 03:00:08 PM

I heard/read somewhere that this guy wants a $100mil contract If that's the case, he can kick rocks.....with his bad leg. Something about him just doesn't sit well with me.... why do he and his money seem to always be a topic of discussion?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#46 : February 19, 2013, 03:05:01 PM

Tampa Bay makes a lot of sense. The Buccaneers have plenty of cap room. Coach Greg Schiano loves Revis' style. GM Mark Dominik needs a winning season. Revis is very marketable, and there are a ton of New York transplants living in Tampa. That's important to the Glazer family. Could the Jets get a first-rounder this year and next year for Revis? Tampa would pay him. A win for everyone.
1 1st sure. But I would not give up 2 1st for Revis. You can keep your Island and let a division rival pluck him away after next season.

i dont want to give them a first for revis. i dont think we can gamble with draft picks at this point
How is using a 1st on a rookie any less of a gamble than trading for Revis? A proven shut down CB. The best CB in the NFL. I would trade for Revis, but I wouldn't Ricky Williams it.

thankfully you arent the GM. theres too much chance he busts out if he comes here. he wants 100mil and would require at least 1 but maybe 2 1sts. thats alot for a guy with that type of injury. putting way too many eggs in 1 basket. if you use a 1st on a CB and he busts with a 13mil salary its much less painful than 1 bust using a 1st with 100mil salary and roughly 40mil guaranteed.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#47 : February 19, 2013, 03:14:26 PM

I heard/read somewhere that this guy wants a $100mil contract If that's the case, he can kick rocks.....with his bad leg. Something about him just doesn't sit well with me.... why do he and his money seem to always be a topic of discussion?
well tbh, if I were an NFL player, I would try my best not to be underpaid for more than 2 years.

With no guaranteed contracts, rookie deals you can out-perform, and what's almost a virtual certainty of no more than 12 years in the business, being underpaid would be a hard thing to accept.

That said, no way is he worth 100 mill. Not to me, at least.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#48 : February 19, 2013, 03:17:05 PM

We all would like to be the highest paid at what we do, unfortunately its very rare to be afforded the opportunity/leverage to do so. I wouldn't be dealing with his crap every other year.... regardless of how good he is, and definitely not today coming off a knee injury.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#49 : February 19, 2013, 03:27:37 PM

San Francisco and Alex Smith is the obvious match. The cost is too much and the risk too high for the Bucs. The 'Niners need a nudge to get back to the SB and win it. The Bucs need a lot more than a nudge, and the addition of Revis would result in a subtraction in too many other areas. Thanks, but no thanks.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 19, 2013, 03:32:30 PM

Lets be clear here. IF it's a first, it will probably be this years first, in which case.. we're already going to be drafting a corner with our first.

The rub is that it will take more than just one first, of how much, IMO, will be the difference maker.

If it's this years first, and anything 2nd or less towards next draft, I'm game. The contract part is what bothers me the most.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 19, 2013, 03:45:09 PM

Jets just cleared $30M in cap space today.....maybe they don't even trade Revis now.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#52 : February 19, 2013, 03:49:50 PM

Jets just cleared $30M in cap space today.....maybe they don't even trade Revis now.

I think they have to. They will suck with or without him...and can't block his free agency after this season. Either they give in to his $$ demands or move him.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#53 : February 19, 2013, 03:52:41 PM

I like Adam Schein but I think he's off-base on this and hasn't done his homework...that contract would totally throw the current program into disarray.
: February 19, 2013, 04:17:05 PM BucDaFackUp

Sailing2smth

Starter

#54 : February 19, 2013, 04:09:49 PM

n/m Bowers.....giving up draft top draft picks with all the holes we have is insane.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 19, 2013, 04:49:00 PM

n/m Bowers.....giving up draft top draft picks with all the holes we have is insane.

Some undrafteds will be good enough.... ::)

But seriously, if we don't nab at least one good/ great corner, we might as well chalk this season up as another goose egg.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#56 : February 19, 2013, 04:52:32 PM

But seriously, if we don't nab at least one good/ great corner, we might as well chalk this season up as another goose egg.

That's kool.... then we draft Clowney next year ;)

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#57 : February 19, 2013, 04:55:22 PM

I'd rather trade a 3rd (maybe even a 2nd) for Cromartie who's already under contract.  He's only a year older than Revis, and he played exceptionally well in Revis's abscence.  That would free up more cap space for the Jets and give us a #1 CB without giving up a huge contract or 2 1st round picks.  The Jets would take less of a cap hit, too.

"ESPN New York reports there is a "small segment" of the Jets' organization that would prefer to trade Antonio Cromartie over Darrelle Revis.
Cromartie is coming off a career-best year where he was asked to cover the offense's No. 1 receiver in Revis' absence. He also has two years left on his deal, and his trade value has never been higher. Due $9.5 million in 2013, the Jets would only take a cap hit of $2.5 million by trading Cromartie, instead of the $12 million hit they'd endure for dealing Revis. Cromartie is due a $2.3 million roster bonus on March 14, so a deal would have to be struck before then. Rex Ryan is believed to be of the contingent that supports trading Cromartie instead of Revis. Jan 27 - 9:29 AM
Source: ESPN New York"

Sailing2smth

Starter

#58 : February 19, 2013, 04:57:00 PM

Man...I am still a believer of if your front 7 does its job without exception (enter 99-02 Bucs) the back 5 don't matter.

BRING ON DE WERNER!!!!!
ahhhh....I know, not gonna happen but one can dream.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#59 : February 19, 2013, 05:04:40 PM

I don't think the Bucs should get involved with any of this with Revis.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools