Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 612

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#315 : March 05, 2013, 07:54:51 PM

1. If we knew for sure he was healthy, asking price would be two ones....and worth it.
2. Drop the salary and they wouldn't even trade him.
3. Drop the salary and everyone could be in on him.
So your smugness is misplaced.
Before injury he was the best cover corner since Deion. Anything close and he is a bargain. We can debate, however, whether this is the best utilization of our resources. So this isn't a slam dunk no matter how you spin it.

So how do you justify spending picks and a ton of money to bring him here without knowing 100% that he is Revis of old???
its called a risk

No its not.  It is called stupidity.  Guy has a major knee injury and you want to pony up picks and mad cash?  That is just plain asking for trouble and a "bust".  You should be asking why is he so adamant on getting a new deal before he sees the field.  Is it because he knows he's not the same?  If he is the same go out and play for the $16 mill. 

How do you reconcile giving 13% of your total cap to ONE injured player that you have no idea if he can play at an elite level?  That's not "risk".

U scared ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#316 : March 05, 2013, 08:20:02 PM

U scared ?

I don't get it.  What does my temperament have anything to do with signing an injured player?  I could care less.  It's not like we've been making the playoffs with all of Mark's great decisions and picks.  I'm not anything except opposed to spending 13% of our monies on an injured player.

creamsicles

Starter
#317 : March 05, 2013, 08:22:43 PM

some food for thought:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1501072-darrelle-revis-injury-risk-factors-in-2013-comeback

I'm torn on this one, but if I was Dom and thought it was playoffs or bust, I'd ask myself this question: "How deeply do I trust my medical staff and observers to assess his progress?" 

In a playoffs or bust approach, I try to get him as long as it didn't require this year's first round pick.  That is reserved for a pass rushing DE (i.e. Werner if drops like some mocks show) or 2nd corner.

I can't think of any reasonable option out there that could make as much immediate impact as this move.  If 100% Revis could shut down Calvin Johnson, then I could be very pleased with 85% Revis who could hopefully strengthen back to 100% over time.

I try to keep the contract to 3 years, but I doubt he'd take it.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#318 : March 05, 2013, 08:22:50 PM

Based on the assumed asking price of the Jets and the assumed asking price of Revis, I don't see how it makes even a little bit of sense.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#319 : March 05, 2013, 08:25:19 PM

Because mtn, one of those "healthy" corners only was able to rack up four ints in two seasons.

A healthy revis catches more ints while he's sitting on a toilet, than those guys at full speed.

Myth. Revis has 5 ints over the last 3 years. 19 in 6.... translation, 3 per yr.

Happens when you shutdown targets like he does. If it wasn't for Sanchez he could have a superbowl by now.

If one wants to point out that QBs try to avoid his vicinity, i'd agree whole-heartedly but when it comes to ints, Primetime he is not.

As for the Superbowl comment, Brady would have 5 rings if it wasn't for Eli.

Primetime never had more than 7 and he's had a number of 2 and 3 int years. So Revis is right in line with probably the best that has ever done it.

Maybe i should have said Sherman, he is not!!

He's better than him too. Tim Jennings had 9 picks, Revis must not be him either.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#320 : March 05, 2013, 08:29:27 PM

Based on the assumed asking price of the Jets and the assumed asking price of Revis, I don't see how it makes even a little bit of sense.

that's my take

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#321 : March 05, 2013, 08:31:51 PM

Because mtn, one of those "healthy" corners only was able to rack up four ints in two seasons.

A healthy revis catches more ints while he's sitting on a toilet, than those guys at full speed.

Myth. Revis has 5 ints over the last 3 years. 19 in 6.... translation, 3 per yr.

Happens when you shutdown targets like he does. If it wasn't for Sanchez he could have a superbowl by now.

If one wants to point out that QBs try to avoid his vicinity, i'd agree whole-heartedly but when it comes to ints, Primetime he is not.

Primetime never had more than 7 and he's had a number of 2 and 3 int years. So Revis is right in line with probably the best that has ever done it.

He's better than him too. Tim Jennings had 9 picks, Revis must not be him either.

Thanks for bringing him up. If we can find that type of production... without giving up premium draft picks AND at a fraction of the cost, definitely works for me. Where do i sign??

youngone

Hall of Famer
#322 : March 05, 2013, 08:37:56 PM

Thanks for bringing him up. If we can find that type of production... without giving up premium draft picks AND at a fraction of the cost, definitely works for me. Where do i sign??
Well if you get an elite #1 our second and third corner will see that kind of action.
: March 05, 2013, 08:41:25 PM youngone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#323 : March 05, 2013, 08:54:10 PM

1. If we knew for sure he was healthy, asking price would be two ones....and worth it.
Before injury he was the best cover corner since Deion. Anything close and he is a bargain. We can debate, however, whether this is the best utilization of our resources. So this isn't a slam dunk no matter how you spin it.

So how do you justify spending picks and a ton of money to bring him here without knowing 100% that he is Revis of old???
its called a risk

No its not.  It is called stupidity.  Guy has a major knee injury and you want to pony up picks and mad cash?  That is just plain asking for trouble and a "bust".  You should be asking why is he so adamant on getting a new deal before he sees the field.  Is it because he knows he's not the same?  If he is the same go out and play for the $16 mill. 

How do you reconcile giving 13% of your total cap to ONE injured player that you have no idea if he can play at an elite level?  That's not "risk".
Actually, ya. It is called a risk.

If he wasn't injured and if he didn't want a lot of money, then the best (or 2nd best) cornerback wouldn't be available in a trade.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#324 : March 05, 2013, 08:57:46 PM

I'm not for making the trade, but the reasons to do it are very clear.

I just think the cons outweigh the pros, and that there is a more reasonable, less risky way to solve the secondary

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#325 : March 05, 2013, 09:02:00 PM

I just think the cons outweigh the pros, and that there is a more reasonable, less risky way to solve the secondary

agreed

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#326 : March 05, 2013, 09:17:36 PM

its called a risk

We are back to that argument again?   Think contract clauses.  No GM would sign him without clauses.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#327 : March 05, 2013, 09:28:17 PM

We are back to that argument again?   Think contract clauses.  No GM would sign him without clauses.

Someone will.... hopefully it won't be Dom

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#328 : March 05, 2013, 09:33:13 PM

I don't think so.  No GM would be that careless with the owners money.  Lots of players have clauses for weight and other things. They would include an injury clause in any Revis contract.   If he performs up to expectations, no problem.   If he has to go on IR because of that knee, he doesn't get paid.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#329 : March 05, 2013, 09:43:10 PM

I don't think so.  No GM would be that careless with the owners money.  Lots of players have clauses for weight and other things. They would include an injury clause in any Revis contract.   If he performs up to expectations, no problem.   If he has to go on IR because of that knee, he doesn't get paid.

Are the Jets gonna give us our picks back as well?

Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools