Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 612

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#330 : March 05, 2013, 09:58:08 PM

I'm fine with the arguments, gang. But don't try and sell me Captain Munnerlyn if you bypass Revis. Give me a credible second choice. That's all I ask.

In Verner We Trust

youngone

Hall of Famer
#331 : March 05, 2013, 10:00:58 PM

I'm fine with the arguments, gang. But don't try and sell me Captain Munnerlyn if you bypass Revis. Give me a credible second choice. That's all I ask.

This.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#332 : March 05, 2013, 10:07:28 PM

We are back to that argument again?   Think contract clauses.  No GM would sign him without clauses.

Someone will.... hopefully it won't be Dom

I don't think so.  No GM would be that careless with the owners money.  Lots of players have clauses for weight and other things. They would include an injury clause in any Revis contract.   If he performs up to expectations, no problem.   If he has to go on IR because of that knee, he doesn't get paid.

Are the Jets gonna give us our picks back as well?

Could be a pick, as in one first rounder.  Then maybe a 3rd next year conditional.   So say he breaks down.  They wouldn't get the conditional 3rd.  And yes the Bucs would lose that #13 pick.  But the way I see it, we would be using that #13 on a CB anyway.  There is just as much chance the guy you draft at #13, will be a bust, as there is Revis will break down.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#333 : March 05, 2013, 10:10:48 PM

That pick we give up could be a Myron Lewis or Brian Price.. I can live with those odds. Any corner we take at 13 will probably not be the best in the league anyway.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#334 : March 05, 2013, 10:25:48 PM

We are back to that argument again?   Think contract clauses.  No GM would sign him without clauses.

Someone will.... hopefully it won't be Dom

I don't think so.  No GM would be that careless with the owners money.  Lots of players have clauses for weight and other things. They would include an injury clause in any Revis contract.   If he performs up to expectations, no problem.   If he has to go on IR because of that knee, he doesn't get paid.

Are the Jets gonna give us our picks back as well?
Could be a pick, as in one first rounder.  Then maybe a 3rd next year conditional.   So say he breaks down.  They wouldn't get the conditional 3rd.  And yes the Bucs would lose that #13 pick.  But the way I see it, we would be using that #13 on a CB anyway.  There is just as much chance the guy you draft at #13, will be a bust, as there is Revis will break down.

LMAO.... i can see that no amount of sensibility is gonna alter your thinkin.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#335 : March 05, 2013, 10:39:07 PM

That pick we give up could be a Myron Lewis or Brian Price.. I can live with those odds. Any corner we take at 13 will probably not be the best in the league anyway.

This   ^^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#336 : March 05, 2013, 11:04:17 PM

key words being 'could be'

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#337 : March 06, 2013, 07:11:30 AM

I'd argue that there is much less risk in assuming Revis can still play at age 27 , than hoping some unproven rookie you draft at 13 is going to be a star and a difference maker right out of the gate.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ms Elam

Starter

#338 : March 06, 2013, 08:04:41 AM

new York daily news reports that the falcons are serious contender in the revis trade. They also report that the jets aren't just testing the water, they will definitely trade him. I hate the falcons, can't stand then one bit and feel as though the bucs will beat them every time they play. But if they get Revis football would suck for me for the next few years.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#339 : March 06, 2013, 08:13:27 AM

Just this morning a couple interesting tweets were written:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
NY Daily News reports Jets have two teams interested in Darrelle Revis. This much is known: Jets are shopping him and determined to deal him

NFL ‏@nfl
RT @NFL_ATL: The Jets will move Darrelle Revis and the Falcons could be a potential trade partner: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147304/article/atlanta-falcons-reportedly-interested-in-darrelle-revis?campaign=Twitter_atl

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Some detail from @MMehtaNYDN here on the Jets' plans/market for Revis: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/buyer-island-jets-teams-hook-revis-article-1.1280612

Couple things here: 1) Asking around last night, feeling around NFL is Jets have to trade Revis; 2) The market is limited by circumstances.

Folks who know Idzik believe he'll be measured and won't rush into dealing Revis. Revis' camp is more motivated to push this to conclusion.

Talking to 3 execs in last 12 hours, market for Revis seems to be a first-rounder, plus another high pick, perhaps a conditional '14 pick.

To clarify, I meant two picks -- first-round pick to start with, then a second pick, which could be a conditional in '14 based on his health

Now this means that a team will likely give up 2 First Round Picks to acquire Darrelle Revis, which is a lot considering that he will desire a new contract next offseason.
Another interesting point is that the Falcons were mentioned as interested. This could mean they will let Brent Grimes hit FA and are currently trying to replace him.
It was also mentioned that 2 Teams are interested in Revis. The Falcons and ???, some teams that have been mentioned frequently:
-Bucs
-49ers (They are NOT interested)
-Colts
-Broncos
-Falcons

Another point is that the Falcons don't have much cap space... They are also about to give Matt Ryan a MONSTER contract so if the do get Revis expect some big time cuts from Atlanta.

Let me know what you think and if you have any additional information.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#340 : March 06, 2013, 08:13:47 AM

Exactly. For those poo-pooing even the possibility of a revis trade,  ask yourselves how pissed you are going to be when the Falcons get him ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#341 : March 06, 2013, 08:14:13 AM

Falcons don't really have the HP in my opinion...

And I sooo Dislike that team -  not a fan of Mike Smith at all... 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#342 : March 06, 2013, 08:24:04 AM

Atlanta would have to purge their roster big time to resign Revis. Couple that with the loss of draftpicks it would take to get him, and they are really setting themselves up for failure, IMO.. I do kind of wonder if the news of their interest is a ploy to get the Bucs attention, and maybe increase their interest..

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#343 : March 06, 2013, 08:27:15 AM

Tbc, they would be doing what they have been doing....bringing in good players.

The bucs should try that more often. I mean, it must be nice to barely pay/reach for anyone and expect results anyway.

Fact is, most of us would be Pissed if the falcons landed revis. Hell, we could just count every game against them as a loss.
: March 06, 2013, 08:29:19 AM Benchwarmer#1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#344 : March 06, 2013, 08:34:40 AM

I think this is a total smoke screen.  They have too many pending contracts to extend in the next couple of years to be able to resign Revis.  Next year is Ryan and Baker (LT).  The year after is Witherspoon, and then the year after that is Julio.  They are welcome to trade 3 high picks for a 1 year rental in my opinion. 

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.
Page: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools