Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 612

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#420 : March 06, 2013, 03:16:17 PM

Dude, you *directly* quoted Holder and ascribed it to "Mah Sources".  Respecting an source's anonymity is one thing, that was a whole lot closer to plaigarism.  And if you really do want to get into the business,  nothing will sink you faster than being outed for plaigarism.

Also, you're going to have to learn how to write proper English.
This

+2

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#421 : March 06, 2013, 03:26:21 PM

U can think what you want I won't give mah source name ever but when info matches what I'm told I post the it I don't call it mah sources if u payer any atttention I told u that's who I am known as I wasn't saying that was my source, get a life quit tryn to show people up, live your life don't read my stories if you think their ludacris.

Quote from: Possible Translation by 3SK
Your thoughts are your own. I will not give up the source of my information. When information matches what I have been told, I will post it but I do not call that my source's information if you paid for my attention. I have told you that is who I am known as, I wasn't saying that was my source (Presumably Stephen Holder). Get a life and quit trying to show people up, live your life, don't read my stories if you think they're about Ludacris (Presumably the Rapper).

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#422 : March 06, 2013, 03:33:12 PM

U can think what you want I won't give mah source name ever but when info matches what I'm told I post the it I don't call it mah sources if u payer any atttention I told u that's who I am known as I wasn't saying that was my source, get a life quit tryn to show people up, live your life don't read my stories if you think their ludacris.
Hey! Leave Ludacris out of this! And stop acting a fool!

;D

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#423 : March 06, 2013, 03:36:21 PM

Your thoughts are your own. I will not give up the source of my information. When information matches what I have been told, I will post it but I do not call that my source's information if you paid for my attention. I have told you that is who I am known as, I wasn't saying that was my source (Presumably Stephen Holder). Get a life and quit trying to show people up, live your life, don't read my stories if you think they're about Ludacris (Presumably the Rapper).

Very Nice. Hey 3SK i tried messagin you but it keeps saying session timed, message not sent. I'm pretty sure we know each other outside of this board

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#424 : March 06, 2013, 03:38:17 PM

Quote from: OnceABuccAlwayzABucc
Hi everyone, didn't expect to be back till next week but I got woken up this morning to a text that says, buccs fans need pay close attention to the revis headlines.
The jets are going to trade him, the 49ers and Broncos are alive in the race but "mah source" tells me that the mystery team pursuing revis is the eagles, however my guy says he has reliable and creditable sources that say that "Tampa" is the team that has made a very substancial offer. Take it for what its worth I'm just bringing u what I was told. Stay tuned for more updates.

Apparently philly will only part ways with namdi if they can get revis, or theyl keep him sources say.
Falcons don't have cap room to pull a deal off and niners are lukewarm at best on revis, its the broncos that have been the most aggressive so far.

Really wanna pull this deal off for #13, blount and a pick next year then go sign smith in free agency. Cb would be set then throw 9 million a year at Goldson and the secondary set.  Jmo

Hi Everyone,

I did not expect to be back until next week, but I was awoken this morning by a text message which states, "Buccaneer fans need to pay close attention to the Revis headlines". Rocket powered jet fighters are going to attempt to acquire a lock on Revis, but the 49ers and the Broncos are still alive according to my source. A mystery to me, is that a flock of eagles are now following Revis and may disrupt tracking from the jet fighters. My guy has reliable and creditable sources that say "Tampa" is the team that has offered [illegal] substances. Take it for what it is worth, I am just bringing you what I was told. I am operating on radio frequencies therefore you should tune into my updates.

Apparently, Philadelphia will only part ways with Nmandi if they can get Revis or they will just keep him, my sources have said. The Atlanta Falcons do not have the cap room to pull a deal off and the Reiners are lukewarm at best on Revis. Wild horses have been most aggressive thus far.

I would really like to pull this deal off for #13, a doobie, and a pick next year. We could then go sign Sean Smith in free agency. CB would be set, thrown 9 million dollars a year at Goldson and the secondary is set. Just My Opinion.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#425 : March 06, 2013, 03:39:43 PM

I do not see the 49ers trading for Revis since they already spend more on defense than any other team.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#426 : March 06, 2013, 03:39:55 PM

I see.  I had missed where he claimed that the "Mah Sources" was supposed to be a byline in the post where he quoted Holder rather than a supposed source.  A couple of things for you then, OnceABuccAlwayzABucc:

- That means that you didn't source your quote at all.  That's still bad.  In fact, if anything, it's worse. It makes it look like an original thought on your part rather than a quotation.
- If several people misinterpret something you write, you should probably consider the possibility that the problem was with what you wrote rather than your readers.  If you want to be a journalist, clarity is very important.  Let me emphasize, I'm not trying to dogpile you here.  I'm genuinely trying to offer you constructive criticism.  I think it's great that you have a goal in life.  But in the short run, working on the quality of your writing is going have a much greater return on investment than anything else.  It doesn't matter what sources you do or do not have if your posts are illegible and unprofessional.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#427 : March 06, 2013, 03:47:11 PM

I have a feeling this thread will come back once revis signs with the bucs.

I've been saying for awhile now, schiano and dom would love to have revis, they both are on a short leash, and they have to spend some money for legal reasons heading into 2014 I believe.

Pretty much everything points to the bucs landing the guy. The only things to worry about are compensation, and/or what team he would rather run with.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#428 : March 06, 2013, 03:54:38 PM

I have a feeling this thread will come back once revis signs with the bucs.

I've been saying for awhile now, schiano and dom would love to have revis, they both are on a short leash, and they have to spend some money for legal reasons heading into 2014 I believe.

Pretty much everything points to the bucs landing the guy. The only things to worry about are compensation, and/or what team he would rather run with.

Tweet from Adam Schein @adamschein posted on the NFL website.

"I asked 2 NFL GMs via text what is the best and most realistic fit for Revis. Both had interesting same answer. Tampa. "

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#429 : March 06, 2013, 03:55:34 PM

With the 49ers and the Falcons out, it would seem the Bucs are the most likely spot. I'm starting to think this may actually happen. Please retain our 1st round pick, we need someone to pair with Mr. Revis.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#430 : March 06, 2013, 03:58:01 PM

With the 49ers and the Falcons out, it would seem the Bucs are the most likely spot. I'm starting to think this may actually happen. Please retain our 1st round pick, we need someone to pair with Mr. Revis.

Yea if they can keep their first and the guy is healthy it would be worth it.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#431 : March 06, 2013, 03:59:19 PM

I'd love to re-read the original "Mah Sources" thread but can't find it.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#432 : March 06, 2013, 04:07:48 PM

I'd love to re-read the original "Mah Sources" thread but can't find it.
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1292992.0.html
Think this is it.

Psych

Starter

#433 : March 06, 2013, 04:08:56 PM

Revis: 13M/yr
Smith: 8m/yr
Goldson: 8m/yr

That doesn't leave us with a hell of a whole lot.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#434 : March 06, 2013, 04:10:31 PM

I thought it the was the Jordan Jefferson one. Mah sources was surely right about that one.
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools