Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 612

Hate

Hall of Famer
#870 : March 11, 2013, 02:38:57 PM

With the amount of cap space we have, agents are gonna toss our name out there for a lot of free agents

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#871 : March 11, 2013, 02:58:45 PM

^
^
^
^
^
^
This

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#872 : March 11, 2013, 03:23:14 PM

@nfltrade_rumors

RT @BobGlauber: Source familiar with Falcons' situation on possible Darrelle Revis trade to Atlanta: "Absolutely not."

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#873 : March 11, 2013, 03:40:27 PM

He's not a #1 corner and would make a decent #2 but if he wants number one money then I'll pass.

what would you consider #1 CB money?  what about #2 CB money?

I'd give him Eric Wright's money but nothing around 9-10 mil a year. I would rather sign Keenan Lewis than overpay for Sean Smith.
what do you care its not your money

Do you know what it is like being in cap hell?  Look at Carolina, they are in cap hell, and their team sucks.   

Hate

Hall of Famer
#874 : March 11, 2013, 04:03:13 PM

at that point, all conversation should cease.

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#875 : March 11, 2013, 04:06:59 PM

No just some people are pinching pennies acting like they know a guys true value we have oh so many scouts and talent evaluators on this board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#876 : March 11, 2013, 04:07:45 PM

He's not a #1 corner and would make a decent #2 but if he wants number one money then I'll pass.

I'd give him Eric Wright's money but nothing around 9-10 mil a year. I would rather sign Keenan Lewis than overpay for Sean Smith.

Do you know what it is like being in cap hell?  Look at Carolina, they are in cap hell, and their team sucks.

Look at Dallas. JJ keeps kicking the debt to the following season and has to restructure nearly every players contract just to get below the cap. Pathetic. Cap hell sucks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#877 : March 11, 2013, 04:09:21 PM

No just some people are pinching pennies acting like they know a guys true value we have oh so many scouts and talent evaluators on this board.

What we have are some pretty passionate fans offering their opinions(intelligent or not) but when one offers up the "its not your money" post, well it causes credibility to be questioned.

PewterPirate54

Pro Bowler

#878 : March 11, 2013, 04:12:16 PM

What we have are some pretty passionate fans offering their opinions(intelligent or not) but when one offers up the "its not your money" post, well it causes credibility to be questioned.
Not really just shows how exhausted someone is over hearing about pinching pennies. And people not realizing in FA you are going to over pay its the nature of the beast

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#879 : March 11, 2013, 04:14:16 PM

Such BS when people throw out the "oh, you think you are such a good talent scout/GM/evaluator...blah blah blah" card. Grow up. People are going to express their opinions on what they think the team should do...it's hypocritical nonsense when people see something they disagree with, then they attempt to sh*t on said opinion with the aforementioned "card"...as if they don't express their opinions on the team in the same manner.

Like I said. Complete Bullsh*t.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#880 : March 11, 2013, 04:15:58 PM

the GruAllen era taught us that being a 'professional' doesn't make you a good evaluator of talent

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#881 : March 11, 2013, 04:17:07 PM

Look at Dallas. JJ keeps kicking the debt to the following season and has to restructure nearly every players contract just to get below the cap. Pathetic. Cap hell sucks.

+one million.

Its one thing if your team sucks.   Its another thing if your team sucks and your over the cap.  For example.....Jets....Panthers.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#882 : March 11, 2013, 04:22:55 PM

^^ RAIDERS ^^

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#883 : March 11, 2013, 04:47:30 PM

^^ RAIDERS ^^

Yup....its bad frekin news to suck and be over the cap.  That would be my only objection to a Revis deal.  I would like it to go down, but not screw the cap too bad.

PewterPirate54

Pro Bowler

#884 : March 11, 2013, 04:49:45 PM

^^ RAIDERS ^^

Yup....its bad frekin news to suck and be over the cap.  That would be my only objection to a Revis deal.  I would like it to go down, but not screw the cap too bad.
Well I think he will command 15mill a year but Dom is good at wrtiting the contracts weather its backloading it or incentives to keep the cap well and living ever since Dom took over it has been the best in the leauge.

Page: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools