Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 612

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #1410 : March 13, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »

Danny Gorrer
Leonard Johnson
EJ f-ing Biggers

Gotta make a bold move to fix that situation.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1411 : March 13, 2013, 10:16:13 PM »

Johnson = meh

Couldn't tackle Danario Alexander, 80 yard TD
Couldn't tackle Julio Jones, 76 yard TD
"Wasn't even looking" as WR caught TD in Denver

That's in 1/2 year! 

EJ Biggers / better

Whether he is back or not...Biggers was decent this past year.

Agree.  If he would just turn on the ball, good things will happen.  Our new coaches most likely correct that problem.

Leonard played well too.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #1412 : March 13, 2013, 10:16:37 PM »

I might trade our 2nd and Bount and Benn...but not our first and them. I wouldn't trade just our 1st round pick for him. He's coming off a major injury and he's going to want major money and the Jets only have him for 1 more year and then he walks. After next year, the Jets get nothing for Revis. Shoot...if they are going to hold out for a first...then I will just make the Jets think we can wait till next year and throw a ton of money at Revis...if we don't sign someone this year.

I wouldn't even do that, Kodiak,(for the reasons you just gave).  But I could at least get some sleep in that we weren't stupid enough to part with a #1.

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #1413 : March 13, 2013, 10:19:28 PM »

That current article mentions there's an owners meeting Sunday.

Revis will be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer by the end of the meetings, imo (Jets will cave in).

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #1414 : March 13, 2013, 10:19:49 PM »

Would not like to see a 1st in any year go for this trade.  If not coming off injury, perhaps its more tolerable. IMO

this.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #1415 : March 13, 2013, 10:20:19 PM »

I might trade our 2nd and Bount and Benn...but not our first and them. I wouldn't trade just our 1st round pick for him. He's coming off a major injury and he's going to want major money and the Jets only have him for 1 more year and then he walks. After next year, the Jets get nothing for Revis. Shoot...if they are going to hold out for a first...then I will just make the Jets think we can wait till next year and throw a ton of money at Revis...if we don't sign someone this year.

I wouldn't even do that, Kodiak,(for the reasons you just gave).  But I could at least get some sleep in that we weren't stupid enough to part with a #1.

That's why I said might...I personally would not want to give up much more than a 2nd. Maybe another 2nd or 3rd next year...but not our first this year and not a 2nd this year and a first next year. I wouldn't even want to do a 1st next year. We aren't going to be in the Super Bowl next year and we need those 1st round picks...period.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #1416 : March 13, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »

I appreciate Gorrers hard work and all, but he's on my "crap" list after that... Drop if you want to call it that

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #1417 : March 13, 2013, 10:22:16 PM »

In all honesty I really don't even want Revis. I mean the guy would obviously be a huge addition here. My concern is Revis' character. He is always complaining about his contract. What are the chances he gets big money then shuts it down. It is a slippery slope with this guy, IMO. We are trying to build character with this team.

cover-too

Starter

« #1418 : March 13, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »

I believe the bucs have all the leverage here and don't need to give in to uncomfortable demands.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1419 : March 13, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »

I appreciate Gorrers hard work and all, but he's on my "crap" list after that... Drop if you want to call it that

LOL    That play sticks in my memory for whatever reason.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #1420 : March 13, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »

In all honesty I really don't even want Revis. I mean the guy would obviously be a huge addition here. My concern is Revis' character. He is always complaining about his contract. What are the chances he gets big money then shuts it down. It is a slippery slope with this guy, IMO. We are trying to build character with this team.

I think he's a guy that has learned his lesson.
He'll be a Buccaneer by next Wednesday.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #1421 : March 13, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »

I believe the bucs have all the leverage here and don't need to give in to uncomfortable demands.

If Dom is worth his salt as a GM, there is no such thing as uncomfortable AND he has more patience than everyone...

Go.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #1422 : March 13, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »

LOL    That play sticks in my memory for whatever reason.

Was it a drop or a simple bounce off his chest??? Ughhh

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #1423 : March 13, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »

Thank you.

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

JAVA=LADYBOY

Practice Squad

« #1424 : March 13, 2013, 10:26:50 PM »

Would not like to see a 1st in any year go for this trade.  If not coming off injury, perhaps its more tolerable. IMO

this.
how many first rounders have we had that didn't pan out. GIVE UP THAT FIRST DOM!
  Page: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools