Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 612

Oracle

Starter

#2115 : March 14, 2013, 09:50:19 PM

When you watch as much football as I have over the years Beetles, you will learn to drop that ridiculous homer flag, and post with more thought, good or bad.

I do not want to read how great things are when I am standing knee high in dog crap and have to scratch my foot while running.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

Burn!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#2116 : March 14, 2013, 09:50:57 PM

This seems a lot like the Dwight Howard scenario.

Except markets are reversed

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2117 : March 14, 2013, 09:51:30 PM

There are other options still on the table BDFU.

Revis, whether on not people are happy with him or how long his trade takes, is still an option. That would be my favorite.

The other options are waiver wire and draft. There are a few select corners that I happen to believe will be good solid corners for years. Maybe they are thinking the same thing, with just a little more ego in the mix? I would hardly think of it as a good thing to be starting a rookie corner against this lot of wideouts they'll be facing.

Regardless, placing all their confidence into rookies and unsigned players is what got them into this mess. I seriously doubt they have that as their only backup plan. Even the signing of goldson will not fix it, but it tones the need for CB down to one corner. A group with biggers, Barron, goldson, and revis is much more respectable than last season. Really, all they have to do is get one good corner now that they brought in goldson.

I agree with you on the Revis scenario but here's the thing....most here are acting like the GM is playing some sort of Yoda-like grandmaster role when in actuality, he's painted himself into a corner (pun intended). When/If Revis is brought on-board, who will be the lucky #2 and #3 that will be on the field defending the top offences of this league?

The Bucs were the worst secondary last season and needed good depth along with quality, which in my estimation, was there to be had in FA and I'm honestly puzzled here watching this play out. Folks are cheering Dom's decision to not waste money on "mediocre" CBs but are silent when he signs Casillas and Ogletree? Come onnnnnn....

So you expected Dom to get Goldson, Revis and another CB through FA?

What I expected was that they'd get 2 good CBs in Free Agency...I personally wasn't even a fan of this Revis trade but now what are the other options?

I'm pretty tired now so I'm gonna let this ride out but I think Dom's a goner after this debacle.

Debacle?  I think Dom is handling the deal just fine.  He could of been a fool, and offered 2 first or something weeks ago.

But he seems to be waiting patiently, letting the Jets do there due diligence.  And when the Jets don't get any better offers, they will be calling Dom, and sayin, you know that deal we talked about? We are ready to accept that offer.

I don't know if that Saturday deadline if a 100% sure thing. In the football world,  that is chump change.  The Jets could cut Tebow, and gain 1mil in cap space instantly.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2118 : March 14, 2013, 09:53:02 PM

You didn't answer my question really. Would you be okay giving up the first for a healthy revis?

And no, it wasn't a burn. Sorry Java. FACE YOUR SUSPENSION LIKE A MAN by the way.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2119 : March 14, 2013, 09:53:35 PM

You were too friendly to those f*ckers... ;)
Yeah, wanted to see if I could see how they were feeling about things, before I went all Fink on their azzes.

tell'em to drink a nice tall glass of f*ck-balls lemonade.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2120 : March 14, 2013, 09:59:10 PM

I got some "Taint-er-ade" for them franchise punks!  JK!

We are chill right now.  I will give them the business eventually, most likely.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2121 : March 14, 2013, 10:01:41 PM

You didn't answer my question really. Would you be okay giving up the first for a healthy revis?

And no, it wasn't a burn. Sorry Java. FACE YOUR SUSPENSION LIKE A MAN by the way.
Yes.  But he is not healthy, and that is called reality.  And it is also a bargaining chip.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2122 : March 14, 2013, 10:01:46 PM

You were too friendly to those f*ckers... ;)
Yeah, wanted to see if I could see how they were feeling about things, before I went all Fink on their azzes.

tell'em to drink a nice tall glass of f*ck-balls lemonade.

Not the greatest of times to be a Jet fan.  Team sucks big time, and your over the cap.  And your one and only bright star, is very close to being standing at a podium holding up some teams jersey.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2123 : March 14, 2013, 10:14:08 PM

Jake Plummer, Cutler, Favre, Haynesworth....Revis.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#2124 : March 14, 2013, 11:05:49 PM

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2125 : March 14, 2013, 11:08:17 PM

It's not over.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#2126 : March 14, 2013, 11:11:05 PM

This is the best thing I have seen since free agency started LMAO

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2127 : March 14, 2013, 11:14:12 PM

Classic lol.... Thanks for sharing

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2128 : March 14, 2013, 11:17:54 PM

I have seen many times with the subtitles focused around other teams but this is the first time I have seen it with the Bucs.   Great job to whoever did this....definitely made me laugh

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#2129 : March 14, 2013, 11:23:25 PM

Bravo...that made me laugh.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools