Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 ... 612

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2760 : March 17, 2013, 10:25:18 AM

He better have more than just the Revis deal hid up his sleeve to justify all the dithering about he's been doing through FA.
if dominik signs 2 ProBowl defensive backs, both under 30, id say thats a pretty good offseason, dithering aside.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#2761 : March 17, 2013, 11:06:28 AM

He better have more than just the Revis deal hid up his sleeve to justify all the dithering about he's been doing through FA.
if dominik signs 2 ProBowl defensive backs, both under 30, id say thats a pretty good offseason, dithering aside.

You just can't please some people. "He better have......." Or what? You're not going to the games? You're not going to watch?

I gotta feeling there's going to be lots of crow on the table next season. I'm liking the karma forecast right now.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#2762 : March 17, 2013, 11:06:36 AM

+1

Strange days indeed if the Bucs getting a Pro Bowl safety from a Super Bowl team and the very best (by far) CB in the game . . is NOT a successful offseason.  Wow

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2763 : March 17, 2013, 11:08:31 AM

IMHO, I think they sign Revis this week, sign a second tier DB like Grimes, Ronde plays the nickle, Gaitor, Gorrer and Johnson are the backups, draft Lietui with the first pick and someone to take Millers spot with the third. The rest of the draft is depth, particularly Olinemen for the right side so Dotson can take over for Peenn next year and then we replace him and Joseph with their $13 million in salaries next year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#2764 : March 17, 2013, 11:31:05 AM

Both the NY papers and Roy Cummings had the opinion that a deal is not imminent and weeks away. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen...just not right now.

If the Bucs get Revis, which ultimately I think they will do, I think the Bucs starting CBs will be Revis and Biggers. Chances are they will give up the draft pick (either 1st or 2nd rounder) that they would use on a CB in the draft. Whichever pick they do have will be used on a DT.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Jeremy Lin

Rookie

#2765 : March 17, 2013, 11:35:10 AM

There is a reporter named Roy Cummings is he a reliable guy i read on TBO.com he says if a trade goes down it will be at the draft. So does it look like this week still or more realistic draft time? Is Roy reliable?? Im from New York so i dont know him.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#2766 : March 17, 2013, 11:37:00 AM

There is a reporter named Roy Cummings is he a reliable guy i read on TBO.com he says if a trade goes down it will be at the draft. So does it look like this week still or more realistic draft time? Is Roy reliable?? Im from New York so i dont know him.

Shouldn't you be at the shootaround?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2767 : March 17, 2013, 11:39:52 AM

The fact is no one really knows. Neither side is talking , and what they do say is posturing .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#2768 : March 17, 2013, 11:42:49 AM

We need another starting quality defensive end, a starting nose tackle, a starting tight end, depth at right tackle (if Dotson is our starter) and atleast one more starting corner even if we get Revis. If these are filled by Grimes, John Abraham/Osi/Freeney, Star, Fred Davis or a tight end in the 3rd round, signing Ronde back and a right tackle with some starting potential with our 4th rounder or in free agency then I will be the most excited Bucs fan out there. But just getting Revis and Goldson won't make me forget about the huge holes that are currently on the roster.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#2769 : March 17, 2013, 11:47:28 AM

If the Jets drag this out until the time of the draft then they'll have Dom so far over a barrel he won't know which is up. Talk about a massive shift in leverage.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2770 : March 17, 2013, 11:49:15 AM

Both the NY papers and Roy Cummings had the opinion that a deal is not imminent and weeks away. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen...just not right now.

If the Bucs get Revis, which ultimately I think they will do, I think the Bucs starting CBs will be Revis and Biggers. Chances are they will give up the draft pick (either 1st or 2nd rounder) that they would use on a CB in the draft. Whichever pick they do have will be used on a DT.

Yes by everyone else says it happens at the owners meeting.

Stephen Holder
Rick Stroud
Mark Cook
Scott Reynolds
Jason La Canfora
Adam Schefter
Adam Caplan
Jason Cole
Jeff Darlington
Ian Rappaport

And why wouldn't it happen they have a rare opportunity to make a trade face to face and
I believe they will take advantage of it

Tampafan8251

Starter
#2771 : March 17, 2013, 11:50:53 AM

Roy Cummings is always breaking nes 5 hours after it happens, I wouldn't call him reliable, i'll take PR's word and Cole over him easily

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2772 : March 17, 2013, 11:51:14 AM

We need another starting quality defensive end, a starting nose tackle, a starting tight end, depth at right tackle (if Dotson is our starter) and atleast one more starting corner even if we get Revis.

we need all pros at every position and same quality players as backups. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2773 : March 17, 2013, 11:51:29 AM

If the Jets drag this out until the time of the draft then they'll have Dom so far over a barrel he won't know which is up. Talk about a massive shift in leverage.

But the jets won't have any compensation so at Tht point Dom can just wait till after the draft and give jets picks for next year. Remember the jets want picks this season and if hey carry it to the draft they might only get picks for next season

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2774 : March 17, 2013, 11:56:45 AM

There might not be a resolution until after June 1st. The longer the deal staggers on the more money the Jets are on the hook for. Revis has two more bonus triggers (workout bonus and Roster Bonus) coming. So if he begins attending off-season workouts he'll receive another bonus. As it stands the Jets gain no cap relief. If he is traded / cut after June 1st. The Jets will incur a $5 million dead money charge in 2013 and a $9 million dead money charge in 2014. Basically waiting until after June 1st gives the Jets who desperately need cap relief flexibility when managing their respective salary cap.

I highly doubt a deal is imminent, unless the Jets are willing to bit the bullet and be in salary cap purgatory for 2013 and without unquestionably their best player.

Just my thoughts....

Page: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools