Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 ... 612

Jeremy Lin

Rookie

#2775 : March 17, 2013, 11:57:10 AM

At BucsFan18 when did adam schefter say that I missed that

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#2776 : March 17, 2013, 11:59:11 AM

If the Jets drag this out until the time of the draft then they'll have Dom so far over a barrel he won't know which is up. Talk about a massive shift in leverage.

But the jets won't have any compensation so at Tht point Dom can just wait till after the draft and give jets picks for next year. Remember the jets want picks this season and if hey carry it to the draft they might only get picks for next season

I don't expect them to do that, in fact, I fully expect the deal to go down this week. However, because he hasn't done anything in FA thus far he would be in a far more precarious position and would need to acquiesce to their demands. They would hold all the cards, knowing that he has no option or fall back position and would need to make a deal happen. Again, I don't expect that but they would be in the cat bird seat in that scenario, make no mistake about that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2777 : March 17, 2013, 12:13:54 PM

Schefter did not say anything about the two seconds. I misquoted, I offer apologies.

It has been reported as such however.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#2778 : March 17, 2013, 12:13:55 PM

Revis will be a Buc sometime in the next few days. This trade is holding up all their other free agent moves...there's no way in hell it drags out all the way til the draft. This is testing the **CENSORED** out my patience though. I hate having to hit refresh every hour on this page to see if we finally landed him.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#2779 : March 17, 2013, 12:20:21 PM

Revis will be a Buc sometime in the next few days. This trade is holding up all their other free agent moves...there's no way in hell it drags out all the way til the draft. This is testing the **CENSORED** out my patience though. I hate having to hit refresh every hour on this page to see if we finally landed him.

Based on comments from the FO, Im beginning to wonder if Sam Shields is the back up plan if Revis is not acquired. I get the sense that they are not dealing in half measures with the secondary right now. Who we field in week 1 however, is a different story.

DailyRich68

Starter
#2780 : March 17, 2013, 12:40:56 PM

But just getting Revis and Goldson won't make me forget about the huge holes that are currently on the roster.

If only there was some other large influx of talent coming up in a month...

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2781 : March 17, 2013, 12:48:31 PM

But just getting Revis and Goldson won't make me forget about the huge holes that are currently on the roster.

If only...and if this influx of new talent also results in the release of some quality veteran players that only teams with cap space can sign..... If only....

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#2782 : March 17, 2013, 12:52:37 PM

You mean the draft?  More rookies?  Are we ever going to stop being one of the youngest teams in the league.  Second youngest defense and it showed.   Time to stop building and start winning.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#2783 : March 17, 2013, 12:55:11 PM

Shame we don't have anywhere near enough picks to come close to filling all those huge holes with guys from that influx of talent.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#2784 : March 17, 2013, 01:12:33 PM

Shame we don't have anywhere near enough picks to come close to filling all those huge holes with guys from that influx of talent.

We should forfeit the season.  :P

If the Bucs sign Revis, the Bucs will be looking for a NT, DL depth, OL depth and CB options. Some can be addressed in the draft. Others options are available in FA. There will be cuts taking place prior to the season as well.

Also, something to keep in mind, every team rolls into the season with holes or at least question marks. I don't think there is a GM out there can address every single issue his team has. Dom is no different. Fill the ones you can and hope for the best. Im glad were not signing every FA out there. The 2014 cap situation is looking rough and we have our own players to resign. Again, I think it is premature to crucify Dominik before we see the final product.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#2785 : March 17, 2013, 01:20:12 PM

Guys like Revis and Goldson will make the guys you're complaining about now look better.  Every team has weaknesses. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2786 : March 17, 2013, 01:37:42 PM

60000 views for a trade that very easily could not happen. Wow.

In Verner We Trust

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#2787 : March 17, 2013, 01:43:30 PM

3 of 11 holes on D remain after a Revis trade. That's before the draft and any other unforeseen situation where we may pickup a serviceable player.
: March 17, 2013, 01:45:09 PM TampaBucks05

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#2788 : March 17, 2013, 01:46:13 PM

...3 of 11 holes on offense remain in the same capacity.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2789 : March 17, 2013, 01:46:33 PM

What are the other 8 holes?

Page: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools