Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 612

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#2790 : March 17, 2013, 01:47:12 PM

3 of 11 holes on D remain after a Revis trade. That's before the draft and any other unforeseen situation where we may pickup a serviceable player.

Fixed.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#2791 : March 17, 2013, 01:47:48 PM

What are the other 8 holes?

Huh? The 8 other holes are already filled in with good (or at least serviceable) players if that's what your asking.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2792 : March 17, 2013, 01:50:26 PM

What are the other 8 holes?

Huh? The 8 other holes are already filled in with good (or at least serviceable) players if that's what your asking.
I took what you said as we still had 8 holes to fill.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2793 : March 17, 2013, 01:51:50 PM

I'd say there is at least 4-5 holes on Defense.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2794 : March 17, 2013, 01:53:31 PM

60000 views for a trade that very easily could not happen. Wow.

Now that it's past the million dollar deadline, and there are no good FA's left, the jets fo could go back to wanting firsts. Dom/glazers may not want to do that, so the deal could very well fall apart and the jets just play him and get the comp pick.

However, the question then becomes, who else will take him? Revis will not allow money to be taken from him, and the jets want picks. Not too many teams besides the bucs are willing or able to do this, so it becomes a cat and mouse game where both teams need each other.

Honestly, I don't think people would get this up in arms about it if there wasn't a solid chance to land revis.

The only way this gets screwed up is a) the jets retarded FO, b) the glazers penny pinching ways, or c) mark D being too anal about getting a good deal.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#2795 : March 17, 2013, 01:54:13 PM

Since we usually use a 2 LB set with 5 DBs, I'd say there are only 3, barring any unforeseen injury or suspension etc.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2796 : March 17, 2013, 01:57:50 PM

Now that it's past the million dollar deadline, and there are no good FA's left, the jets fo could go back to wanting firsts. Dom/glazers may not want to do that, so the deal could very well fall apart and the jets just play him and get the comp pick.

However, the question then becomes, who else will take him? Revis will not allow money to be taken from him, and the jets want picks. Not too many teams besides the bucs are willing or able to do this, so it becomes a cat and mouse game where both teams need each other.

Honestly, I don't think people would get this up in arms about it if there wasn't a solid chance to land revis.

The only way this gets screwed up is a) the jets retarded FO, b) the glazers penny pinching ways, or c) mark D being too anal about getting a good deal.
Not happening because A and C are probable. But give me the chicken lo mein out of column d and some steamed dumplings and maybe the deal gets done.

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2797 : March 17, 2013, 02:00:59 PM

At least two CBs and two guys in the DL rotation.  LB could use an upgrade as well.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#2798 : March 17, 2013, 02:07:20 PM

We sign Revis, we draft a CB in R1or2, a DT in R1or2, and sign Dumervill. That's how close we are to being an all around solid defense.

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2799 : March 17, 2013, 02:08:53 PM

We sign Revis, we draft a CB in R1or2, a DT in R1or2, and sign Dumervill. That's how close we are to being an all around solid defense.
What did we give up for revis if you have us selecting a CB and DT in rounds 1 and 2?

#Mikey2Quarters

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#2800 : March 17, 2013, 02:14:04 PM

What did we give up for revis if you have us selecting a CB and DT in rounds 1 and 2?

Got ahead of myself then. Draft a CB in round 1or3 draft a DT in round 1or3**

(Milliner, Jenkins) Best case scenario IMO.
(Lotulelei, Ryan) Pretty sweet and very possible.

Don't count out the idea of trading down, selecting Trufaunt or Rhodes or a DT, and picking up another 3rd or even a 2nd if its far down enough.
: March 17, 2013, 02:19:33 PM TampaBucks05

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2801 : March 17, 2013, 02:15:09 PM

Not happening because A and C are probable. But give me the chicken lo mein out of column d and some steamed dumplings and maybe the deal gets done.

I sat down and picked dom's brain awhile back. I'm am absolutely sure he's trying to bring in revis.

What is stalling it all is that he doesn't like to give up high picks. Because, if he wanted to, he could have given them a first and revis would already be a buc.

Me though? I say give them the damn first this season and call it a day. There isn't anyone at 13 that would be as good as a presumably healthy revis, and we keep the backup plan (next years first).

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2802 : March 17, 2013, 02:17:30 PM

Bench, I'm down with that....and a couple of egg rolls.

In Verner We Trust

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2803 : March 17, 2013, 02:20:26 PM

Bench, I'm down with that....and a couple of egg rolls.

Screw eggrolls, I want some damn ribs!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2804 : March 17, 2013, 02:25:52 PM

There are people acting as if it's a foregone conclusion.

Page: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools