Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 612

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#2820 : March 17, 2013, 03:30:56 PM

So what happens if a team clears enough capspace in the meantime?

This crap needs to be done tomorrow.

Might as well get prepared for disappointment. Trades of this nature either happen quickly or don't happen at all. Some team always seems to jump in at the last second and seal the deal. Bucs fans better get used to the idea of 2 rookie CB for the start of the season.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2821 : March 17, 2013, 03:42:12 PM

Might as well get prepared for disappointment. Trades of this nature either happen quickly or don't happen at all. Some team always seems to jump in at the last second and seal the deal. Bucs fans better get used to the idea of 2 rookie CB for the start of the season.

Won't happen here jets want to get rid of Revis and it'll happen for sure. This has been talked about for a while and a trade will be made most likely with us. Another fact is that mark cook said Tht
1st: the chance of a trade for Revis happening is 85 and in football Tht is a basic guarantee
2nd: Dom has a plan and Revis is a. Big part of it. He won't let this not happen but he will wait for the best deal possible
: March 17, 2013, 03:43:50 PM BucsFan18

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2822 : March 17, 2013, 03:45:56 PM

I believe there are a couple of vet CBs who were recently waived that are still looking for teams.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2823 : March 17, 2013, 03:50:36 PM

Just had a thought as to why another vet cb hasn't been brought in...

Maybe that's something they think Revis' input is valuable... vet or rookie

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#2824 : March 17, 2013, 03:53:59 PM

Logan Ryan was doing his pre-combine training with Revis...

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#2825 : March 17, 2013, 03:58:43 PM

Won't happen here jets want to get rid of Revis and it'll happen for sure. This has been talked about for a while and a trade will be made most likely with us. Another fact is that mark cook said Tht
1st: the chance of a trade for Revis happening is 85 and in football Tht is a basic guarantee
2nd: Dom has a plan and Revis is a. Big part of it. He won't let this not happen but he will wait for the best deal possible

Dominik can't make the Jets take a deal. I agree the Jets will deal Revis. I just don't see it happening with the Bucs.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2826 : March 17, 2013, 04:00:49 PM

If the Jets drag this out until the time of the draft then they'll have Dom so far over a barrel he won't know which is up. Talk about a massive shift in leverage.

But the jets won't have any compensation so at Tht point Dom can just wait till after the draft and give jets picks for next year. Remember the jets want picks this season and if hey carry it to the draft they might only get picks for next season

I don't expect them to do that, in fact, I fully expect the deal to go down this week. However, because he hasn't done anything in FA thus far he would be in a far more precarious position and would need to acquiesce to their demands. They would hold all the cards, knowing that he has no option or fall back position and would need to make a deal happen. Again, I don't expect that but they would be in the cat bird seat in that scenario, make no mistake about that.

Not entirely accurate.  Say the Revis trade fell through for whatever reason.  Another option could be Dom uses the draft picks he would of spent on Revis, and moves up in the draft and picks Milliner, then Rhodes or whoever later.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2827 : March 17, 2013, 04:03:04 PM

Owners meetings are in Phoenix, and Revis has been rehabbing in Phoenix.  The stars are in alignment.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Madman

Hall of Famer

#2828 : March 17, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Dom should've forced the issue with a deal that they couldn't refuse. Now the Jets will take their time and drag this out hoping to get a better offer. Deals have a momentum to them and this one has lost it.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2829 : March 17, 2013, 04:09:29 PM

Dom should've forced the issue with a deal that they couldn't refuse. Now the Jets will take their time and drag this out hoping to get a better offer. Deals have a momentum to them and this one has lost it.

Yup. Unless something unknown happens, he will have to pay more now. I'm thinking they will now get the first they wanted or be stuck with him and pick up the comp pick.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2830 : March 17, 2013, 04:10:14 PM

+1

In Verner We Trust

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2831 : March 17, 2013, 04:12:50 PM

Logan Ryan was doing his pre-combine training with Revis...

That sir, is an EXTREMELY interesting piece of information. That could actually be the plan. Revis signed, Ryan could be drafted in the 3rd and draft Star Lietui in the first. Sign Abraham to back up Bowers. Gorrer, Johnson, Ronde and Tandy are the backup DBś
: March 17, 2013, 04:22:07 PM Rusty

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2832 : March 17, 2013, 04:13:44 PM

I'm guessing MD has forgotten more about the football business than the sum of all our knowledge.

It is strange to me how many people have their panties in a bunch about this...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2833 : March 17, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

I look at it from the opposite position - Dom walks and Jets have the "issue" yet to resolve, and any other offers from a limited field of potential suitors will lessen as suitors figure the Bucs know something.  With their franchise in turmoil I would think even the indication of Revis's departure is causing the players and staff to be uncomfortable.  See their signings in this FA period....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Madman

Hall of Famer

#2834 : March 17, 2013, 04:25:18 PM

I'm guessing MD has forgotten more about the football business than the sum of all our knowledge.

Never assume people in a position of power are competent.
Page: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools