Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 ... 612

pewterfanatic

Starter

#4290 : March 23, 2013, 10:06:34 AM

While I consider myself to be an avid Bucs' fan with above average NFL knowledge, I would never pretend to know about what is going on behind closed doors regarding  trade talks or question a free agency strategy that I know nothing about.  While  these boards  provide a platform for those that aspire to be backseat GM's, I am surprised by the sheer number of fans that think they know more about negotiating a trade than the men that have had long careers in the NFL and are far more qualified to successfully pull off a trade then those who claim they should be fired because they are doing such a poor job.  Why don't you let those who actually know what is going on make the decision as to whether or not our GM is doing a good job? 

It is an exciting time to be a Bucs' fan!

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#4291 : March 23, 2013, 10:11:44 AM

Will somebody answer me a simple question?  If the Glazers truly are offering our 2014 1st and 2nd round picks for Revis and wish to keep their 2013 picks...is there any good reason you can think of to offer it before August?

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4292 : March 23, 2013, 10:12:31 AM

I have been for this trade since the rumors first started.  I'm to the point where Dominik needs to tell the Jets you'll get two second round picks or nothing from the Bucs.  Then let it "slip" to the media and make sure Revis's agent understands the Bucs have every intention of making Revis a rich rich man next year.

The Jets have no leverage in this deal...he will be a unrestricted free agent next year and Woody Johnson has decided not to pay the man.  The Jets don't want Revis to hit the open market.  Losing Revis would be a bad thing, losing Revis to the Patriots would be the worst thing possible and could very well happen if they don't trade him.

I just don't understand why Dominik hasn't put the full court press on Brent Grimes.  I'm not even suggesting you have to sign Grimes but flying a private plane up to bring Grimes in for a very public visit would let the Jets know it's Time to **CENSORED** or get off the pot.  I like Grimes and I love Revis and everyone is worried about their injuries (rightfully so) but very good  or great players aren't available with out warts.

Agreed , Dummynik is playing this terribly so far. By going after no corners this entire offseason he ceded tons of leverage to the Jets.  He needs to be fired immediately if he botches the deal completely or gives into the Jets demands....

We've put all our eggs in this basket , so now Dom has to make it work .Some how or some way.

What leverage do the Jets have? If Tampa doesn't trade for Revis they get stuck with him hitting FA next year. Tampa will be able to keep all of their picks and still have a good chance at Revis next year. Draft trufant or Rhodes sign a vet corner and wait until Revis hits FA jets get nothing in return.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4293 : March 23, 2013, 10:18:01 AM

Breaking news: move on and sign other players.

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#4294 : March 23, 2013, 10:24:38 AM

This is rough

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4295 : March 23, 2013, 10:30:55 AM

And Spoolios has already decided that this is a terrible idea despite all reasonable thought.

He wants his two draft picks and he wants a bubble of cap space that we don't need.

You may disagree with me, you clearly disagree with me, but to say my opinion is "despite all reasonable thought"  is just hyperbole. There's clearly enough salary implication that the Bucs haven't done anything to address the position beyond wait it out with the Jets. They like Grimes but he's just sitting there waiting. They haven't done anything with Wright.

And it's not just a bubble. I've stated plenty of times that the Bucs can sign a handful of free agents that will be much more useful than Revis at the same price. Hell, sign Dumervil to what he missed out on at Denver, you'd still have room to sign any of the free agent CBs from this offseason as well as your first and second round picks that are locked in for cheap for 4-5 years.

Everything I've said is assuming Revis comes back at 100%. It's a bad deal with a 100% Revis. If he doesn't, this is a much worse scenario than the last two best-defensive-player busts, Nnamdi and Haynesworth,

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4296 : March 23, 2013, 10:43:08 AM

Ah, Bucs are trying to trade Eric Wright.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4297 : March 23, 2013, 10:56:58 AM

Pass,  the leverage the the jets have is that they know how much we need a corner,  and that there is no one left on the market to fill that need with. A piece of leverage we never needed to give them.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#4298 : March 23, 2013, 11:00:43 AM

Focusing on the positive....I love the Goldson signing!

GenBrooks55

Practice Squad

#4299 : March 23, 2013, 11:07:38 AM

What if.....The Bucs are targeting a couple of players in the draft.  In the event that those players are off the board, then I think that Dominik would be more willing to deal this years' 1st rounder.  If we get Revis, it will be on draft day or later...there is no reason for the Bucs to pull the trigger any sooner...well, unless the trade is too good to pass up!

That being said, we need to scoop a couple of corners that are still available in free agency!

Just my .02 cents!

GenBrooks55

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4300 : March 23, 2013, 11:13:55 AM

And Spoolios has already decided that this is a terrible idea despite all reasonable thought.

He wants his two draft picks and he wants a bubble of cap space that we don't need.

You may disagree with me, you clearly disagree with me, but to say my opinion is "despite all reasonable thought"  is just hyperbole. There's clearly enough salary implication that the Bucs haven't done anything to address the position beyond wait it out with the Jets. They like Grimes but he's just sitting there waiting. They haven't done anything with Wright.

And it's not just a bubble. I've stated plenty of times that the Bucs can sign a handful of free agents that will be much more useful than Revis at the same price. Hell, sign Dumervil to what he missed out on at Denver, you'd still have room to sign any of the free agent CBs from this offseason as well as your first and second round picks that are locked in for cheap for 4-5 years.

Everything I've said is assuming Revis comes back at 100%. It's a bad deal with a 100% Revis. If he doesn't, this is a much worse scenario than the last two best-defensive-player busts, Nnamdi and Haynesworth,
except its been demonstrated by myself and others that we have more than enough space to sign Revis, extend our own guys next year, sign draft picks and sign current Free Agents.

You're just stuck on the idea that the reason we haven't done anything is we're waiting on Revis' money to become official. When if we're willing trying to trade for him and we already know what money he wants, then we know we have over 19 million space.

You refuse to believe the concept. It's purely stubbornness. Josh Freeman and Mike Williams are the only core pieces not signed through 2015. It's a "terrible move" to you for no reason that holds water. It's been explained and showed that the salary cap is not a concern by myself and JDub, who himself is opposed to the Revis deal.

The Draft isn't about to be discontinued. We're talking about two draft picks. There's no player on the team who's contract expires in 2014 that we couldn't resign. 2015 we have the entire draft again. Draft a G and cut Davin Joseph and look at what we have here. Even more money.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4301 : March 23, 2013, 11:17:56 AM

except its been demonstrated by myself and others that we have more than enough space to sign Revis, extend our own guys next year, sign draft picks and sign current Free Agents.

This hasn't been demonstrated. It's been speculated on. None of us know enough about the contracts and cap and future cap to know anything, only to speculate.

There's zero market for Revis other than the Bucs. It was a buyer's market for CBs in general. You all might think I'm the one that's being stubborn, but 31 other teams don't think Revis is worth it, either.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#4302 : March 23, 2013, 11:48:56 AM

Pass,  the leverage the the jets have is that they know how much we need a corner,  and that there is no one left on the market to fill that need with. A piece of leverage we never needed to give them.

That's like a Mercedes dealer thinking he has leverage because a customer needs a car. There are still options, just none as good as Revis. Bucs could still make a play for Shields and sign Grimes. We can also use the draft. Plus, Goldson will already improve pass coverage.

We want Revis. We don't "need" him.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4303 : March 23, 2013, 12:15:48 PM

Free agents.
1.Nnamdi.
2.Brent Grimes.
3.DeAngelo Hall.
4. Quentin Jammer
5. Tracy Porter
6. Sam Shields RFA
7. Marcus Trufant.
8.Antonie Winfield.

Draft.
1. Dee Milliner.
2.Xavier Rhodes.
3.Desmond Trufant.
4.Johnthan Banks.
5.Blidi from Connecticut
6. D.J hayden
7.Logan Ryan
8.Jordan Poyer
9. Leon Mcfadden.

The Jets know we need a corner and the Bucs know Revis will hit the market next year. Until then a vet can be used.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4304 : March 23, 2013, 12:55:41 PM

Mark knows he might now be here after this year.  That's why he can't wait.
Page: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools